The Pyra-Logo

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, after all those polls, even though it was narrow, one logo was the final winner!

And as there was a tweaking-thread as well, I picked the tweaked one based on the winner which I liked best:

pyralogo.png

This is a tweak by FaeMinx.
I like how it's a mixture of dp as well as a flame.

@FaeMinx: Could you give me the permission to officially use the logo? :)

I'll probably make some more tiny tweaks, but nothing major.

The finished logo will be sent to the case designers end of the week - and then we can continue to work on a colorized version as well as the font for PYRA.

It needs to be usable for commercial purposes as well, so either we'll find a nice and clean one which got the license or someone wants to create those our own one :)

A neat site for that is:

http://www.1001fonts.com/

As you can type your text there and use filter to find commercially usable fonts :)

So if you think you found a nice one... link to it :)

I see another tweaking thread coming...

Anyhow, it's great to see how everything evolves. I can't wait to see the final case design with the logo on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
As if he/she is going to say no. :p

I guess you didn't like the "shadow" attempt or the subtle extra curves?

ED, wonderful choice with that version of the winning logo. Great job, FaeMinx!

As for the font, it seemed some people expressed interest in using the font for the angular logo from the original logo poll.

Reactions: szr
I'm not suprised by that choice, this "variation" is the best logo by far, and the dp isn't explicit, it's fine as long as we aren't going to call the Pyra "dp".

I am very pleased with the outcome :) and if what people say is true and the logo will have a surrounding light, this logo is going to be insane! Hooray for logo number 1 :)

I am very pleased with the outcome :) and if what people say is true and the logo will have a surrounding light, this logo is going to be insane! Hooray for logo number 1 :)
That begs the question, is the logo the light or surround in light, ED?

Yeah a boot animation (quick one!) is mandatory for the Pyra :)
Yeah, "dp" should turn into "DP".

That begs the question, is the logo the light or surround in light, ED?

Yeah a boot animation (quick one!) is mandatory for the Pyra :)
Yeah, "dp" should turn into "DP".
yeah I am unsure myself. it is the way I imagined it I guess.

Congrats! Faeminx!! you did an excellent job! the logo you provided still has an interesting look. It was not my favorite but I'll get used to it :) and I'm sure the others will too, it's a good one!

After a quick scan for a font, I've found this one

rBAI7Wr.png

It's the Goodtimes font from fonts1001.  Slightly odd in that it's not redistributable (in TTF form, presumably) but safe for commercial use.  Plus it's apparently a clone of an old Pontiac logo, not sure if that it problematic.  And thirdly, I think I'd like it if it was a little bolder, but only one weight is supplied.  Might be a good starting point though.

I apologise for blowing my own trumpet here, but can I point out that the logo we actually voted on (#1) was entirely my work.

Faeminx added some little flicks - and they do improve it - but I drew the original version:

screenshot4.png

I apologise for blowing my own trumpet here, but can I point out that the logo we actually voted on (#1) was entirely my work.

Faeminx added some little flicks - and they do improve it - but I drew the original version:
Yea, he's right.

(Anyways, I like the original one better. Sorry, FaeMinx)

Oh of course! I certainly wouldn't presume to take credit for the core logo... I'm just glad to have been able to help in tweaking it in a way that appeals to Ed.

Well done for coming up with it - I love the concept (obviously). ;)

Back