Final preorders, action required

At least until recently Ed didnt have numbers.

Thats not covered by the law and Ed really needs to have to plan ahead.   Some may disagree, but no need to share with us, but the two of you need to be in agreement on the quqntity.

This is my final post about this. Please, someone take notes and stop this being forgotten...

There is something called the 'data protection act' in the UK.
As I thought. The law in Sweden is fairly similar. 
Well, probably the same in most of the EU as well. I only know how it's handled in Germany, and of course, you're not allowed to give out or misuse data given from your customers.

However, you are allowed to give the data to companies if it's needed to fulfill the purpose.

This probably is the same in every country as well.

From Privacy info of amazon.co.uk:

"Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws."

This is the case for every online shop, as otherwise it would not be allowed to give address details to UPS to deliver the packages.

Basically, you could say that my company is a third party service provider here, as I am actually the one shipping the units to the customers, so there most probably exists a legal solution as well.

I don't want to flame here, I am fine with the survey as well. I just want to find a solution to be able to fulfill the remaining preorders, and if it works like that, I'm fine as well.

Just wanted to give that as general information for you... I mentioned that somewhere in an older thread already as well (I think it was the last one from Craig, but I'm not sure.

Posts have been hidden by Mods when they are deemed to have broken any of the rules we set on the first page of this thread.

As mentioned all off topic posts will be deleted.

Also posts which are members giving so called "helpful" advice.

There are other threads where those posts can be posted. But NOT HERE !

This thread is between Ed and Craigix. It is a thread for them and the people who have preorders to work out a way to get the preorder info to Ed.  Not a thread for anything else.

Please respect this and if your post was deleted it was done so not out of spite , prejudice, or censorship. It was just to keep the thread cleaned up , on topic, and non confrontational.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my final post about this. Please, someone take notes and stop this being forgotten...

I cannot just start sharing peoples information with a 3rd party without following the code of conduct.

That will require me to get every persons permission to do this as there is no prior agreement.

Yes, I suppose I could throw caution to the wind and just not do that, but seeing as the fine can be as high as £500,000 (half a million UK pounds) it's probably not a good idea.

Also, the survey was Eds idea and I agreed it was the best way to finalise things.

I hope this clears that up.
So, if the survey has not been sent out yet, could you include asking people for their permission to share their info with ED and let things just get moving?

Also, last I had any communication with anyone, I am on the refund list instead of the preorder list now.  Should I expect to see this survey to review options again or not?  Would be nice to see something after a 54 month wait.

wouldnt a simple number or how many there are, not all their personal info be plenty enough for ED to make some kind of plans on what steps he should make to make the coming months ahead a bit easier?

Hey what is Craig's email so I can notify of my email address change my shopping address is still the same but I have a different email

wouldnt a simple number or how many there are, not all their personal info be plenty enough for ED to make some kind of plans on what steps he should make to make the coming months ahead a bit easier?
I think the idea is not just how many there are, but also how many are willing to upgrade and how many want a refund, etc.  This will allow Ed to develop a plan.  Personal info in addition would streamline the following process possibly.

Count me as one who doesn't want a refund and can't afford to upgrade.

ED,

I PM'ed you the gist of this too, but I'm a 2/2010 Craig customer and I've never gotten an email from him. Not this new one, not ever. What am I supposed to do? I have no idea what's in the email.

Please don't send any PMs or mails about this, it just adds to a huge pile of work.

Once the survey is online, you'll get an email and we'll post it here as well in case you didn't receive the mail.

The survey will be fully automated so we don't have much manual work here, which would take an awful lot of time.

Thanks ED for continuing with this and not giving up.

I cannot just start sharing peoples information with a 3rd party without following the code of conduct.

That will require me to get every persons permission to do this as there is no prior agreement.

Yes, I suppose I could throw caution to the wind and just not do that, but seeing as the fine can be as high as £500,000 (half a million UK pounds) it's probably not a good idea.

Also, the survey was Eds idea and I agreed it was the best way to finalise things.

I hope this clears that up.
Thanks Craig for continuing with this and not giving up.

The week is over now, isn't it?
In Europe (Unlike the United States), the week generally begins on Monday.  Though I don't know that they literally meant 'this calendar week'.  There's about 11 hours left in England's week, 10 in Germany's.

L3IZYrh.jpg

So 1647 days after preordering, I'm finally moved to post. I'm one of those that do not seem to have ever received any "mass" emails (at least after the November 2008 *action required* email). I have had some individual correspondence (about cancelling but I cancelled my cancellation believing it would be Real Soon Now). I check these boards infrequently but happened to check today. Good thing! Can't help but wonder if there are similarly situated people that don't check.

Anyway . . .

Have people got the email?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back