Final preorders, action required

I still haven't gotten the email.  I sent a PM with details.  I've never received any of the mass emails.

OK, I'll chase up all the missing ones in one go via email probably tomorrow now as a lot of people are still doing the survey.

Then come Monday I'll start compiling the final figues, but the survey will stay online for a good few weeks just to catch any late replies.

It's nice to see you and ED back on track again and some positivity to try and drive the final stretch of the preorder motorway... or some weird analogy... :)

EDIT:

Craig! A heads up that I received the email about the servey... only problem is that I already received my Pandora... so I thought I should let you know...

EDIT2:

the Email subject says OpenPanodra instead of OpenPandora...
 Argh, my fault. When did you get your Pandora exactly? I may have missed a batch of shipped units order numbers :-/ 

(it would show up before we shipped though)
 Around 03/06/2010
I got the survey Email as well, but I upgraded around 12/10/2012 and already got my 1GHz unit from ED.

If you do get it for some reason and already have your unit, just don't answer it.

I'd appreciate if you would PM me with the topic 'ALREADY GOT IT' and include your details so I can find how a few are still on this list.

penny_dropped.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I really, REALLY wanted to upgrade to a 1GHz machine, though my current standing with my wallet (and employment) means that I don't have options just yet. I would've paid full price, too. As it stands, I'll likely be sending mine in to get upgraded at a later date, though.

Craig, if financial conditions change (supposing a promising interview happens soon), would it be possible to still upgrade? Or would that fudge with the numbers now that I've sent in my response?

Never got an email (ever, apart from my receipt); sent the PM. Wasn't sure you actually needed my email address, sorry. Can send if so.

After 3+ years of waiting, I guess I'm hyper cautious about sending more personal info than necessary.

Damn, that last option is a tease.

Only the most masochistic of people would choose it

I'm totally upgrading my openpandora for an openpanodra! ;)  

I've received the email and shall answer the survey ASAP

the good news is that this move on Craig's behalf is making me back out of my refund request 

Done! (Found me, updated me, thank me)

I got the mail, thank you Craig and welcome back in the saddle.

2ry34si.gif

I have emailed Craigx a million times requesting a refund - but if this thread is legit!! - Then I would be interested - but not had an email yet - 3+ years is a long time to wait - any chance of that promised email

Man, I really, REALLY wanted to upgrade to a 1GHz machine, though my current standing with my wallet (and employment) means that I don't have options just yet. I would've paid full price, too. As it stands, I'll likely be sending mine in to get upgraded at a later date, though.

Craig, if financial conditions change (supposing a promising interview happens soon), would it be possible to still upgrade? Or would that fudge with the numbers now that I've sent in my response?
It's impossible to tell. For most uses the 'original' Pandora is still great, it's what I personally use (still with an original LCD cable!).

We are toying with a original Pandora buy back scheme sometime this year. I'd rather have them back and refurbish them then have them gathering dust in someones cupboard.

I have emailed Craigx a million times requesting a refund - but if this thread is legit!! - Then I would be interested - but not had an email yet - 3+ years is a long time to wait - any chance of that promised email
Check your spam/phishing folders and then PM me as described earlier, I can make and send a custom survey link for you.

Check your spam/phishing folders and then PM me as described earlier, I can make and send a custom survey link for you.
Maybe update the first post with this so that people who haven't received the mail don't have to scan the whole thread on what to do?

Ideally we would like everyone to upgrade to some extent, obviously.

Please consider that, the 1Ghz is a really nice machine. It will allow Ed to wrap things up so much quicker.
Well, I already answered the survey, then started reading this thread... but this comment did catch my attention enough for me to register and post, so:

It was definitely not obvious to me that it´s beneficial for the project to have as many upgrades as possible, if they are sold at less than production price.

What is the reasoning behind this comment?

I mean:

Assume I were to pay 100 euros (yes, I understood it will be higher after the survey results are sorted out, but still assume I paid even less than production price...).

Then it would be a loss of about 170 euros to the project AND unused stock of parts for one "extra" "NOT 1 GHz"-unit which I assume would not be all that trivial to sell to someone else (what with it being the "old version")?

If I´ve understood correctly at least the CPUs for those "NOT"-units are in a store somewhere and they must be worth some money that was already spent? (I read the forums something like a year or so ago and got this impression.)

So how would a less than production price upgrade help you guys out more than just waiting for the current regular unit?

Bah... nearly midnight here by now, maybe I should sleep more and get less confused :huh: .

But hey, the survey was a great idea. I actually wanted to verify my address (had already emailed about that some weeks ago) and its great that this was now also handled easily at the same time!

And do keep up the good work (applies to ED and everyone else involved too), seems to me you´ve definitely done more than the best you could!

This is my final post about this. Please, someone take notes and stop this being forgotten...

There is something called the 'data protection act' in the UK.

I cannot just start sharing peoples information with a 3rd party without following the code of conduct.

That will require me to get every persons permission to do this as there is no prior agreement.

Yes, I suppose I could throw caution to the wind and just not do that, but seeing as the fine can be as high as £500,000 (half a million UK pounds) it's probably not a good idea.

Also, the survey was Eds idea and I agreed it was the best way to finalise things.

I hope this clears that up.
The personal details isnt what anyone asked for, its numbers.

As we all know the original preorder queue isnt all that is queued with you craig.

Also provide numbers for upgrade to premium 1GHz, all variations thereof. Cancellations, of which there are two, refunded and non refunded.

How many chipped in for the dev fund, how many ordered cables.

Number of returns.

Fill in the numbers, and when you run the tallies on the data from the email poll, tell us how many from each opted for what. It will be a nice thought schematic to draw out with arrows everywhere.

So how would a less than production price upgrade help you guys out more than just waiting for the current regular unit?
I'm not sure what exactly their plan is, but I can take a guess.Either they're compiling figures on who would be willing to pay what, and based on that will ask people to pay what they can (ie, if the numbers show that enough people are will to pay 300EUR (ie, 30EUR more than cost) then that may balance out the people that can only afford 200EUR. There may be some balancing involved: ie, anyone who said they wouldn't pay more than X will not be part of the equation and will have to wait for their original pre-order to be funded.

They may also be trying to get a nice average: if a substantial portion are willing to pay 250EUR or more, they may be able to absorb the 20EUR loss from some number just for the sake of getting product moving again, and then return to regular upgrades.

My final thought is they could just be looking for the people who are willing to pay more now as a kind of priority, and then as more money becomes available move down through the list.

Just got the email, hopefully it will alert a new group of people to the benefit of upgrading and spur a new wave of upgrade orders. Strongly encouraged by the positivity surrounding this thread!

EDIT:

Craig! A heads up that I received the email about the servey... only problem is that I already received my Pandora... so I thought I should let you know...
I'm in a similar position, I paid 270GBP to upgrade my order when the 1GHz upgrades were offered last year and am hoping to receive my unit soon, should I fill out the survey or leave it be? I don't want to commit to upgrading a  second time, but on the other hand I'd like to get my Pandora soon with everyone else! :)
Yes what is the situation with those of us who are still waiting for a 1Ghz unit and paid about 2x as for the original order?

I haven't received an email survey.

Thank you.

Back