Finally Got My Pandora

rutto

Still Fresh
I finally got mine as well, after 2 days of further delay due to incomplete address info on the package.

I want to be polite today. My unit is screwed.

- Missing stylus-pen
- Missing both the lower-front screws
- Loose case (due to the missing screws)
- Left shoulder button not working (it doesn't "click", no feedback when pressed)
- Case slightly bruised

I turned it on 3 minutes, just to create a new account and open a terminal.
It works. Battery was at 40% on the 1st boot, clock and date were wrong.
It's beautiful.
It's heavy. Can't say "solid" since the case is not properly closed.
The keyboard is actually usable, but it makes squeaky noise when pressing most of the keys.

Now it lies in my closet until I'll get a reply from ED. There's no way I'm messing around with a unit I want to be replaced.

Does anybody know an "emergency" mail address I can send my request, other than shop@gp2x.de?
Thanks, cheers

EDIT
Just to be clear: shit happens! I'm not angry with anyone in gp2x, nor I seek revenge for that.
On the contrary, thanks for the amazingly fast repliesss

rutto said:
I finally got mine as well, after 2 days of further delay due to incomplete address info on the package.

I want to be polite today. My unit is screwed.

- Missing stylus-pen
- Missing both the lower-front screws
- Loose case (due to the missing screws)
- Left shoulder button not working (it doesn't "click", no feedback when pressed)
- Case slightly bruised

I turned it on 3 minutes, just to create a new account and open a terminal.
It works. Battery was at 40% on the 1st boot, clock and date were wrong.
It's beautiful.
It's heavy. Can't say "solid" since the case is not properly closed.
The keyboard is actually usable, but it makes squeaky noise when pressing most of the keys.

Now it lies in my closet until I'll get a reply from ED. There's no way I'm messing around with a unit I want to be replaced.

Does anybody know an "emergency" mail address I can send my request, other than shop@gp2x.de?
Thanks, cheers

What the heck?! That sounds like a unit that shouldn't have been shipped out yet - did I somehow mess it up and put it into the wrong pile? :eek:

Really sorry about that... that shouldn't definately have happened.

Please send it back to this address:

gepixelt GmbH
c/o Michael Mrozek
Schäffbräustraße 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

Please also include a small note including the address where to send it back and what's wrong (I know it seems obvious what's wrong, but it still helps speeding things up).

Of course I'll cover the shipping costs (send a mail to shop@gp2x.de incl. shipping costs, bank account and / or PayPal data).

Sorry again.

Last edited:
It hurts to read this after all the time we've been told that the building Process and Quality control has improved alot. :(
Can't imagine this unit came from ED, AFAIK he tests all Pandoras again before he ships them to the customers.

fusion_power said:
It hurts to read this after all the time we've been told that the building Process and Quality control has improved alot. :(
Can't imagine this unit came from ED, AFAIK he tests all Pandoras again before he ships them to the customers.

... did you even read my reply?
This is a unit that seems to have gotten onto the wrong pile somehow, therefore, it wasn't even completely build and for sure not tested...

Last edited:
It's entirely possible ED did test it, deemed it unworthy, and accidentally shipped it anyway.
How many people here have poured a glass of juice, put the glass in the fridge, and taken a swig from the pitcher? Guilty here :D
Humans make mistakes, the important part is to recognize and fix those mistakes.

WizardStan said:
It's entirely possible ED did test it, deemed it unworthy, and accidentally shipped it anyway.

Naaah, from the sounding of it (screws missing), I didn't even touch the unit.
First thing I do is: Screw it together, test it, fix all issues, put it on the "Ready to ship"-pile.

So if there are screws missing, I didn't touch it :)

Last edited:
WizardStan said:
How many people here have poured a glass of juice, put the glass in the fridge, and taken a swig from the pitcher? Guilty here :D
Humans make mistakes, the important part is to recognize and fix those mistakes.

But have you ever poured yourself a glass of milk and then tried to put the jug in the cupboard? I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerix said:
WizardStan said:

But have you ever poured yourself a glass of milk and then tried to put the jug in the cupboard? I have.

Oh well - I did the weirdest things... like putting the salter beneath my bed (no idea why) and stuff like that...

Wait... did someone say I am human? :D

Last edited:
Gerix said:
WizardStan said:

I'm still trying to find my TV remote after the last glass of milk I had

WizardStan said:
Offtopic: That reminds me of 2 days ago, when I tried to take a drink of a cigarette and smoke a can of pepsi.

It's a good thing that i'm not responsible for anything important.

Ontopic: The great thing about Craig & ED is that if you have issues, they're going to do what they can to solve them. Cheers to that!

Mofokubik said:
Offtopic: That reminds me of 2 days ago, when I tried to take a drink of a cigarette and smoke a can of pepsi.

In some parts, an empty soda soda is a DIY pipe on a budget.

EvilDragon said:
Gerix said:
WizardStan said:

Oh well - I did the weirdest things... like putting the salter beneath my bed (no idea why) and stuff like that...

Wait... did someone say I am human? :D

no, youre a dragon!...... TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR *sings*

Once I threw dirty clothes in the trash can, and almost put an empty soda can in the hamper before I realized my mistake. That was a pretty funny one.

Just yesterday evening before my shower, instead of putting my dirty socks in the hamper, I put them in the trash. After a bit, I notice my perfectly good, albeit dirty socks in the trash. What the f...?

ps: Sure hope nobody (including myself) does that with their pandora!!!!!

I think the worst thing I did was put chocolate pudding on my mashed potatoes. It actually didn't taste too bad.

I had just got the Windows version of my application to produce sound, so I went to package it up.
Got all the libraries and executable together.
It ran and didn't make sound.

Like 5 minutes later, I realized I hadn't copied the actual sound files in, so it was trying to play sounds that didn't exist.

Also one time I bought cheese-flavored cup-of-ramen. To this day, I wonder who at Maruchan decided to sell that crap.

EmuGuy said:
I once poured orange juice onto my cereal...that sucked. :(
I only eat cereal with fruit juice. It might be different for me if I _had_ poured the milk into the cereal.

mhadf said:
Gerix said:
WizardStan said:

I'm still trying to find my TV remote after the last glass of milk I had

I have a friend who's remote was missing for about a week before he found it in the back of his freezer. Apparently he took it with him to get a late night snack, grabbed something from the frezer and left the remote in there. ;P

I sometimes take my desktop PC over to my friend's house for some LAN gaming. He has a monitor there, so I don't bother bringing mine. I set it up, plug everything in, and then realize even though I've brought everything, I haven't brought my DVI to D-Sub adapter. This has happened at least 3 times, and you would think I'd just leave the adaptor on my card and be done with it. ;P

Back