Finally Got My Pandora

1 killed 2 cellphones in 2 years, falling from the same bridge into a 50cm high artificial "river"

I recently spent 20 minutes trying to fix a problem with my pc speakers. For some reason there was virtually no sound coming from them. I upped the volume in the Windows "volume control" and twiddled the knob on the speakers themselves. I unplugged them, re-plugged them back in. All to no joy. I turned off then on the pc a couple of times, repeating the process. I was going nuts. The speakers obviously worked, as I could hear a tiny sound. It was only when I picked up the speakers to examine them properly that I saw that I had plugged in a pair of headphones into the speaker's jack plug so that my son could play some games and give us us some peace and quiet. The sound I could hear wasn't coming from the speakers at all - it was what I could hear from the headphones! Of course, after unplugging the headphones all was well.

What's more, this is the second time I had to do that. I'll remember in the future!

I thought for sure you were going to say you had left the sound playing and when you unplugged the headphones, the speakers kicked in full blast...I feel like I've done that before...

I thought for sure you were going to say you had left the sound playing and when you unplugged the headphones, the speakers kicked in full blast...I feel like I've done that before...
I did. And they DID!!

EvilDragon said:
fusion_power said:
It hurts to read this after all the time we've been told that the building Process and Quality control has improved alot. :(
Can't imagine this unit came from ED, AFAIK he tests all Pandoras again before he ships them to the customers.

... did you even read my reply?
This is a unit that seems to have gotten onto the wrong pile somehow, therefore, it wasn't even completely build and for sure not tested...
No, Sorry, I guess I didn't understood this. ^^"""

Last edited by a moderator:
iprice said:
I recently spent 20 minutes trying to fix a problem with my pc speakers. For some reason there was virtually no sound coming from them. I upped the volume in the Windows "volume control" and twiddled the knob on the speakers themselves. I unplugged them, re-plugged them back in. All to no joy. I turned off then on the pc a couple of times, repeating the process. I was going nuts. The speakers obviously worked, as I could hear a tiny sound. It was only when I picked up the speakers to examine them properly that I saw that I had plugged in a pair of headphones into the speaker's jack plug so that my son could play some games and give us us some peace and quiet. The sound I could hear wasn't coming from the speakers at all - it was what I could hear from the headphones! Of course, after unplugging the headphones all was well.

What's more, this is the second time I had to do that. I'll remember in the future!

For some reason, that reminded me of installing Linux on this one system. I didn't have any speakers, so I had headphones plugged in. The distro I was using played a sound when the desktop was loaded. And I guess the volume defaults to full. "WAAAAAAAA" I couldn't get the headphones off fast enough. Bad thing is, I think I had to reinstall that distro at some point. With headphones, of course...

I've done so many stupid mistakes I can't count them all.Here are some of the most recent ones.

I ran to my buss, people looked at me funny, and when I sat down I discovered I'd put my t-shirt on backwards and inside-out.

I locked my wife in our apartment, and took both my and here keys so she couldn't unlock the door from the inside. I also left my mobile at home so she couldn't call me to get the hell home and get her out.

I swam with my mobile in my bathing trunks.

one time my sister (also a blonde and very true to the stereotype) saw a bi-plane towing one of those big banners in the sky that read "USA" and she said "hmm, who's Lisa? must be her birthday or something."

iprice said:
The sound I could hear wasn't coming from the speakers at all - it was what I could hear from the headphones! Of course, after unplugging the headphones all was well.
This almost happened yesterday. I went to talk to my parent, and when I came back, my computer was playing "The Opened Way" from Shadow of the Colossus. My TV was off, I had paused my music player, and I had neither a YouTube page nor my Internet radio client open.

Then I realized my cell phone was blinking, and someone was calling me.

So the moral of the story is, "Remember your own ringtone"

turned my house upside down in order to find my keys (because i was locked up and i couldn't go to work)
it took me nearly 15 min i already had the keys "IN MY HAND!".

the funny thing about it was that i used it several times to open my room (yes, i lock my room)
on the end i noticed by just giving up, and throwing them at the bowl where i always put my keys.

"Riding the horse to seek for your horse".

and another funny tale, is that i hated loud noises that popping balloons do, and in a contest
instead of put my hands in my ears to reduce the noise, i clipped my nose like going for a dive.
[edit]
while trying to pop a balloon.

I like this thread's new topic.

And on that topic:

I once rolled a computer over on to its face to plug stuff into the back, only to sit back right side up and realize I had my usb flash drive plugged into the front. I had to buy a new one, and I had it no more than a week before doing the same damn thing.

emcee said:
I like this thread's new topic.

And on that topic:

I once rolled a computer over on to its face to plug stuff into the back, only to sit back right side up and realize I had my usb flash drive plugged into the front. I had to buy a new one, and I had it no more than a week before doing the same damn thing.

I've plugged a WIFI stick in the front of a computer, only to roll the chair straight into it and SNAP! there goes the wifi.

The best part is that I soldered the connector back on, fixed it up, only to have it happen again about a month later.

Here's what's really bizarre: The second flash drive I did that to just bent, but didn't break, so I was able to just straighten it out and keep using it. However, earlier today I left it in my roommate's computer, and literally the second I hit submit on that last post, he came in and said he accidentally kicked it and snapped the connector right off.

i just gave my little sister a roll covered in mold without realizing it but luckily she notice it.......by tasting it

Anyone ever manage to head out of the house without remembering to put your shoes on first? :p

Prometheus said:
Anyone ever manage to head out of the house without remembering to put your shoes on first? :p

Not shoes, pants on the other hand.

guilmon999 said:
i just gave my little sister a roll covered in mold without realizing it but luckily she notice it.......by tasting it

There was one time I made an entire sandwhich with wheat bread we still had in the cabinet.

Turns out it was moldy, had to toss the whole sandwhich. :[

Back