Finally Got My Pandora

I like where this thread went. :D

Whenever I make plunger coffee, I also put boiling water in the mug to warm it up. When the coffee's brewed, I tip the mug water into the sink. Sometimes I mess it up and pour the coffee into the sink. :(

you people are very clumsy, apparently nobody here even knows how to make cereal, ive heard jokes about bad wives pouring milk on the wrong side of the cereal, but you guys are just plain ridiculous

DaMummy said:
you people are very clumsy, apparently nobody here even knows how to make cereal, ive heard jokes about bad wives pouring milk on the wrong side of the cereal, but you guys are just plain ridiculous

It's a testament to the empty-mindedness of geeks on a mission.

Last edited by a moderator:
How often does the phone ring and you try to answer your remote? That has happened to me more times than i'd like to admit. I've also tried changing the channel with the phone.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
DaMummy said:

It's a testament to the empty-mindedness of geeks on a mission.

Surely you mean single mindedness?
;)

Iorgy77 said:
never smoke a cigarette at the same time as using a device that needs a stylus.
rofl

I am constantly running to a room in a hurry to accomplish something only to completely forget why I'm in the room once I get there. Then I'm just standing there for a bit feeling stupid till I remember. I do the same thing at stores sometimes. I have all these things I want to look at but once I step foot in the front door that all goes out the window and I'm just standing there feeling like a retard. I blame years of drug abuse as a young one... or could be the blonde hair :p

MonkeyChops said:
I am constantly running to a room in a hurry to accomplish something only to completely forget why I'm in the room once I get there. Then I'm just standing there for a bit feeling stupid till I remember. I do the same thing at stores sometimes. I have all these things I want to look at but once I step foot in the front door that all goes out the window and I'm just standing there feeling like a retard. I blame years of drug abuse as a young one... or could be the blonde hair :p
i have the same problems at work, especially if someone says something to me on the way there, the music in my head stops and i completely forget what i was lookin for, and you might be onto something, ive also had my teenage years of drug abuse, and ya im also blonde..... ;)
but unlike you, i do play basketball....

uh-oh a fellow basketball fan from Ohio? should I bring up _the_ subject and completely derail this derailed thread?

Ok, two more. Sometimes when I'm in a rush, I'll put some toothpaste on my toothbrush, run it under the water, and then give it a flick to get the excess water off. Sometimes the toothpaste flies into the basin. I don't know why I insist on flicking the toothbrush, but it happens. Also, I take my tower when I go to visit my parents. It has a PCI graphics card. Anyway, my parents used to have a tower set up in the corner of one room, but no one ever used it. So I would disconnect that one and put mine in its place. They're made by the same company and look an awful lot alike. So when I would go to plug my system in, I would put the monitor cable into the integrated graphics port (where it would be on the other system). After sitting in front of a blank screen for a few seconds, I facepalm and fix it.

Ever tried to remove something from an ashtray by blowing it?

Also once when I lived on my own I woke up to discover a small container of water placed neatly in the middle of the kitchen floor.

MonkeyChops said:

Yes I have the exact same issue, minus the running (it's usually more of a dordle). It gets worse when I have a hangover. Sometimes I can go down the stairs two or three times, each time forgetting why I've gone there and not remembering until I get back up. Sometimes I totally forget - I even manage to convince myself that there couldn't possibly have been any reason for me to be there in the first place.

Tickles said:
Ever tried to remove something from an ashtray by blowing it?

When I was young and naive I let a friend trick me into blowing into an ash tray. Can't remember how he did it but yea, nice.

MonkeyChops said:
uh-oh a fellow basketball fan from Ohio? should I bring up _the_ subject and completely derail this derailed thread?
no this is the last place for that subject, as if it isnt still the main subject anywhere within 500 mile radius

what kind of help? I don't think my brain can handle any more medication :p

@damummy
actually lol'd. your right about everything except the radius.
http://www.travelmath.com/flight-distance/from/Cleveland,+OH/to/Miami,+FL

most stories so far sound funny. here's another one:

i was doing the dishes, and was just generously pouring detergent into a dirty mug, when i had to answer the phone. having already practically task-switched, i habitually put the mug back on the clean glasses shelf of the cupboard and went on to answer the darn phone. i was kept there for a long time, so by the time i resumed my chore i was thirsty.. i grabbed a large mug from the clean glasses shelf, hastily poured cold water from the tap and drank it in a couple of gulps. that was not funny. at all.

darkblu said:

i was doing the dishes, and was just generously pouring detergent into a dirty mug, when i had to answer the phone. having already practically task-switched, i habitually put the mug back on the clean glasses shelf of the cupboard and went on to answer the darn phone. i was kept there for a long time, so by the time i resumed my chore i was thirsty.. i grabbed a large mug from the clean glasses shelf, hastily poured cold water from the tap and drank it in a couple of gulps. that was not funny. at all.
Oh yes it is...

Iorgy77 said:
never smoke a cigarette at the same time as using a device that needs a stylus.
Oh lordy. :lol:

Karel Jansens said:
darkblu said:

Oh yes it is...
I have to agree with this.

Back