Firefox Not Starting Up

chuckr

Still Fresh
I saw the announcement of firefox working, so I opkg-installed it, and got a message on startup, labelled "SQLite Version Error", and the text of the error is "The application has been updated, but your version of SQLite is too old and the application cannot run". Note, this is the error I get when starting up firefox, not SQLite. First time I got this, I tried updating, that had no effect, so I installed the latest SQLite (which is SQLite3) and reinstalling firefox, but still no way to start firefox, I get the very same error. If I went and deleted both firefox AND SQLite3, what order would I reinstall them in (SQLite3 first, or firefox?) Or, am I making some other mistake?

Which announcement are you referring to? The only recent ones I can think of relate to PNDs (which work fine), which I'm assuming you've got some reason not to use, here. :p

I just found the Firefox that EvilDragon built, I was using the one available from opkg. EvilDragon's work is (far as I can see) flawless (again). Probably, that opkg version should be replaced with EvilDragon's version, as I said before, the version now being distributed via opkg has problems with a SQLite3 dependency, which can't apparently be satisfied by the opkg version of SQLite3.

chuckr said:
I just found the Firefox that EvilDragon built, I was using the one available from opkg. EvilDragon's work is (far as I can see) flawless (again). Probably, that opkg version should be replaced with EvilDragon's version, as I said before, the version now being distributed via opkg has problems with a SQLite3 dependency, which can't apparently be satisfied by the opkg version of SQLite3.

The Angstrom repository is not a Pandora exclusive repository.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Back