Firmware 2.1.2

This looks like 2.1.1 but with a newer kernel (ie, all the menu, movie/music player files etc are identical to 2.1.1). So if you're upgrading from 2.1.1 you can just install gp2xkernel.img and ignore the rest. If you're upgrading from 2.0.0 you should install everything. No idea what the kernel changes might be though.

"I'm not gonna try it .. YOU try it ..."

lifebw5.jpg

Perhaps I'm trusting a lot, but the download is from the official gp2x.co.kr site.
As said by woogal, the only thing that changes is the kernel itself, no new applications, so it's difficult to know what has changed.

EDIT: I've updated my GP2X with that firmware v2.1.2. I've noticed no changes, except on the loading screen, that now reads "Firmware 2.1.2".
Anyway, it's only a Kernel update, so it may only affect stability (in a good or bad way, who knows), and perhaps drivers to support new devices.
Someone has suggested on the GP2X archive that it could support SDHC cards, but that hasn't been probed.

CoMiKe said:
Someone has suggested on the GP2X archive that it could support SDHC cards, but that hasn't been probed.
As has been said repeatedly here, it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back