First Batch Commemorative T-Shirts

Would You order a T-Shirt?

• Total voters

I`d get the T shirt if... it was a big Pandora logo (blue on black perhaps or on white) and something amusing written underneath small like "Whats your order number?"
(something similar to the original examples but perhaps a bit subtler)

The last geek shirt I had that I really loved was my CDTV shirt that I got with my Amiga back in the 90`s... 1992 perhaps... It was a size large and I was a skinny 15 year old and I must have looked rediculous strutting round school thinking I looked cool cos I`d bought an amiga and got a lousy shirt! lol :lol:

EDIT. wow there`s one on Ebay for £9.99

My favorite geek shirt I got for free at a Halo tournament while dressed as a jedi. It's for Lineage II.
I've never even played the game. But damn that's one sexy tee. Wear it all the time.

[edit] oh I also have a shirt from IBM that has the Pink Floyd image on the front, except instead of a pyramid/prism it's a server, and it's splitting out only blue instead of rainbows.

I got it as a prize during the Master the Mainframe competition 2007.[/edit]

am I one of the only ones on here that keeps my geekisms to myself?

I think I might sport a pandora shirt if it was plain enough, when asked by a non-techie, I would say it's a band or something. But it'd have to be like "Pandora"+box logo and thats it if I was to even consider buying one.

WizardStan said:
I make all my own shirts. Buy blanks in bulk and then put whatever I want on them with an embroidery machine. Sell the excess for profit. Much cheaper this way. I tried doing the same with pants, but bulk pants have the tendency to tear out the backside.
What sort of embroidery machine do you use? Do you use a computer-controlled one or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
rabidpoobear said:
WizardStan said:
I make all my own shirts. Buy blanks in bulk and then put whatever I want on them with an embroidery machine. Sell the excess for profit. Much cheaper this way. I tried doing the same with pants, but bulk pants have the tendency to tear out the backside.
What sort of embroidery machine do you use? Do you use a computer-controlled one or what?
A Brother PR-600. I do my designs with BuzzEdit.

WizardStan said:
rabidpoobear said:
WizardStan said:
A Brother PR-600. I do my designs with BuzzEdit.
Jeez, how did you justify that purchase? That machine's like $5000! I mean I guess you probably get your shirts for around $2-3 each? maybe less? and sell them for $15 or so? I guess I can see where you'd make a profit, it would just take a while and it's a pretty large upfront investment if you find out you don't like doing it.

Did you start out on a smaller machine? It sounds really cool to me but I don't know if I could go into it for $5000.

[edit]
also, it's pretty ridiculous how expensive this software is. Is it just because the market's small or something? Are there not FOSS alternatives?

I'd just like a pandora logo on the front over one of my boobs. Either blue or white and a black shirt. Few of us nerds have the body to wear a white shirt, they show off too much body shape.

rabidpoobear said:
Jeez, how did you justify that purchase? That machine's like $5000! I mean I guess you probably get your shirts for around $2-3 each? maybe less? and sell them for $15 or so? I guess I can see where you'd make a profit, it would just take a while and it's a pretty large upfront investment if you find out you don't like doing it.
I cheated. When I talk about it like it's my machine, I really mean it belongs to my mom, who runs a successful embroidery business and just lets me borrow it when I go to visit. :D She expects me to supply my own shirts, though. :(
And it was $12'000 when she bought it several years ago, not 5000. :p

rabidpoobear said:
Did you start out on a smaller machine? It sounds really cool to me but I don't know if I could go into it for $5000.
I forget what she started with. A smaller machine over a decade ago, much cheaper, certainly.

rabidpoobear said:
also, it's pretty ridiculous how expensive this software is. Is it just because the market's small or something? Are there not FOSS alternatives?
I'm aware of one. It isn't very good. The market just isn't there to justify writing one. Let's be honest, the people likely to use such software are generally older women who know how to use the computer just enough to insert the CD that came with their machine and follow instructions. Or maybe that's just my mother.

Back