First Game/app On Your Pandora

I will get my Pandora online and then browse the web. Then I will start downloaded a bunch of apps. First one I would play would likely be Picodrive.

haha.. Vim is ok.
What's the major difference between Vim/Vi and Nano?

I personally like 'nano'.

kingoddball said:
haha.. Vim is ok.

Vim has a "unique" system for doing things, all keystrokes.. it proves my Alpha Geekdom by knowing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
may88 said:
Whatever I find first. May be set the time and play a little cards.
This is a good answer. I'll go exploring and clicking things first, so the first thing I open could be anything. As for installing apps though, I'll make a beeline for exaile.pnd (media player) then look into installing Navit from the repo.

Before that comes gaming though, and I think the first will be PandoraPanic!

TrashyMG said:
kingoddball said:
haha.. Vim is ok.

Vim has a "unique" system for doing things, all keystrokes.. it proves my Alpha Geekdom by knowing it.
vim has syntax highlighting and a make command that will bring up your first compiler error after it attempts to make.
Edit: in case the question was serious, besides the obvious usage style differences, vim is larger and has more functionality built in (like above examples, plus other stuff depending on what you are doing, nano is smaller and doesn't include said extras)

First non-game: Allegro 4.2, assuming I can get it compiled.

First game: assuming the above works, my currently-unfinished side-scroller.

WizardStan said:
lso, that won't work at all.
What you're looking for is
opkg install nethack

I forgot that the first thing I would actually do is "alias opkg='apt-get'". ;)

and even that won't work as well as you are hoping. Nethack isn't part of the Angstrom repositories. It's not even in the OpenEmbedded recipes. This should not be so as difficult as it is to acquire.
I'll download the source and try to get it running for you.

Hmm. I forgot that ARMv5 is not ARMv7. I have nethack running on the former (courtesy of the package repository provided, though), and for some reason I was just blindly assuming that because it was available for one ARM architecture, it'd just "be there" for another. Well, I ported apps of my own back in the day to the Zaurus SL-5xxx series, so I should give this one a go myself, just to appease my personal sense of stubbornness. I won't be ashamed to ask you for help if I fail, though. :D

first non-game probably probably the web browser or stuff i would be needing for school
game probably super metroid on snes or quake 2 or ... i really dont know with all the emulators and all the games its really a tough choice

Sugar_Kane said:
I will be firing up the Amiga emulator for 24 hours of solid nostalgia, starting with Deja vu and ending with Deja vu
+1

Then, after this AMIGA-session I'll try Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on Mupen64 and then those SNES-games on SNES9X which didn't run well on PSP, like: Mega Man 7, Super Turrican, Starfox, Final Fantasy VI, etc.

Fist non game depends on how much time has passed since torpor got his Pandora and when I get mine.

I'd like to pretend that the first game I play will be something that really stretched the Pandora and does something that the Dingoo just couldn't handle.

But in reality it'll be Sonic 1 and Knucles*.

*unless the Dreamcast emulator is available - then it'll be Daytona. Then Sonic 1 and Knucles.

Pleng .. about a week after I get my Pandora, I'll be releasing my .PND full of goodies .. ;)

Okay maybe two weeks (tm), but definitely not longer!

If it's a week then I'll probably be able to download it before I get my Pandora.

If it's two weeks it might be a bit touch-and-go. :)

Back