For a weather app: which city do you live in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Hello everyone, I am currently building a small app for Pandora which features, among other things, a weather indicator.

I will include a few cities for weather right at start, but since this app is aimed for Pandora, if you could let me know the city / country you live in, I can include that city right when I release the soft.

No obligations to disclose anything, but I believe it's more customer friendly if you get your city supported right from the start.

I'll wait for your answers!

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK (Nearest City : Leeds)

@ Znirk, Good to see the member map is working again. :)

Curious what weather API your using, also wouldn't such an API have a way of querying available weather locations.. so It wouldn't need to limit your application to locations that people specify..

Curious what weather API your using, also wouldn't such an API have a way of querying available weather locations.. so It wouldn't need to limit your application to locations that people specify..

I'll be using the Yahoo API. There's certainly a way to do a query, but this will be a feature coming a little bit later. I'd like to release it first with a set of pre-defined locations + a config file to add your location yourself if needed.

^^cool IC,

Well, closest "big city" to me is Burlington, Vermont.

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks for the map by the way, this is super helpful too :)

I was just thinking of a cool feature, by the way... for those who are registered on this forum, if you enter your forum alias, you would get the right settings right away, so you wouldn't even have to select anything except entering your alias.

Makes sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ how is that better than selecting the nearest city from a list?

London, England

You could save valuable coding time and just use a static 'raining' JPEG.

That should see you through at least until weather app 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back