Release Pandora Clock - Release

Version 1.3.6 is out (yes, right after 1.3.5 in the same day), bringing internet time synchronization provided you are online before launching the application! You can cut the connection afterwards and the time delta will remain until you quit the application.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have any new features request, please let me know. I have a few more in mind to release a few more versions, but that will be it. If there is something you are really missing and would like to see, please let me know before I move to another project.

Thanks!

Version 1.3.6 is out (yes, right after 1.3.5 in the same day), bringing internet time synchronization provided you are online before launching the application! You can cut the connection afterwards and the time delta will remain until you quit the application.
Does the correct time also sets the Pandora System Clock? I'm a little bit confused because you write "time delta will remain until you quit the application"

Haven't seen it in the OP. Does the alarm wake up the pandora?

Thank you for the infinite ringing =D. ill try it out tommorow morning

Hope it wakes you up this time :) let me know!

Does the correct time also sets the Pandora System Clock? I'm a little bit confused because you write "time delta will remain until you quit the application"

No, it does not change the time in the system. You would need a sudo command to do that, with password request.

Haven't seen it in the OP. Does the alarm wake up the pandora?

nope, that it still something I am trying to do. Need to ensure the Pandora could be put to sleep first - will try it in upcoming versions.

What you can do, however, is shut off the screen.

I wonder if there's a way you could add support for bed vibration modules (they should fit into the headphone jack).

This would be awesome and would rid of one alarm clock from my room :D

Basically an alarm signal is sent.. then the bed shakes with an external vibration pad. Not 100% sure on how its programmed and what frequency the signal is.. :/

See the Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock on Thinkgeek :)

Basically an alarm signal is sent.. then the bed shakes with an external vibration pad. Not 100% sure on how its programmed and what frequency the signal is.. :/

See the Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock on Thinkgeek :)

COuld not find specifications yet... any idea where to find ?

Do you have one yourself ? Is anything written in the manual ?

This is, actually, excellent. I will use it right now, to curb my excessive babbling and actually give my students their lecture break when it ought to be :)

Yup. Or at least babbling in front of students. Whether it qualifies as teaching is for someone else to decide :) Right now, it's the courses "introduction to CS" for freshmen and "Database systems" for the second-years.

Yup. Or at least babbling in front of students. Whether it qualifies as teaching is for someone else to decide :) Right now, it's the courses "introduction to CS" for freshmen and "Database systems" for the second-years.

I guess I could probably be sitting in front of you and learn a lot, then :) I never majored in any CS course and probably should have when I had the choice.

ANyway, glad you find it useful :)

May I recommend another alarm setting option...

have a snooze option..

you get those alarms that turn off the alarm for a few minutes once you press the button.. but then after 3-5 minutes they go off again..

May I recommend another alarm setting option...

have a snooze option..

you get those alarms that turn off the alarm for a few minutes once you press the button.. but then after 3-5 minutes they go off again..

Ok, this can be done -

by the way is the current app working properly for you ? any bug to report ?

Only had a brief play around yesterday.. seems to work fine.

I was also thinking is it possible to tell the status of the volume wheel?.. As I can imagine some people setting their alarms but the volume wheel being down to 0..

so if it is possible display a warning that volume is low/0?

Back