Release Pandora Clock - Release

Perhaps pressing both shoulder buttons at once would be a good combination for turning off the alarm, as it requires two hands and they would be the furthest buttons away from the user/sleeper.

correct me if im wrong (i would like to be in this case) but is there no way to get the alarm to ring in loop until stopped ?

Nope, not currently. I can implement this relatively easily though, I would just need to insert another command to stop the alarm as well (or consider that any button would do).

What kind of loop would you prefer?

Currently the alarm rings 10 seconds and stops.

Do you want it to be continously ringing until someone stops it, or ring at repeating frequencies, such as : 10 seconds for the first minute, then 10 seconds every 30 seconds after, then 10 seconds with 10 seconds breaks, then continuous ?

I am fine with other patterns as well... but I don't want to implement 20 different kinds so I'd like to know what is the best approach to wake people up (disclaimer: i usually do not need an alarm clock to wake up myself).

I love the work done on this project, I'm a little weary of using it as an Alarm Clock though.. I get violent at things trying to wake me up.

That's why we need a accelerometer on the Pandora ! :) To make the alarm stop once it bounces off the wall!

I dont mind either system, the only reason im not using this alarm clock right now is that im an heavy sleeper, and 10sec plain simply wont cut it xD. A simple infinite repeat until a key is pressed would probably be fine, the alarm isnt exactly that intrusive.

having it go with the progressive approach work just as well, except i could see myself forgetting to stop it when waking up between 2 rings so im not sure heh.

Are you kidding? In the dark it is mega bright. Many people like to sleep in very dark rooms (with decent curtains etc), so flashing the screen at max brightness could very well wake you up, even without any sound. Even a gentle fade-in from dimmed to full brightness would wake some people up.

Are you kidding? In the dark it is mega bright. Many people like to sleep in very dark rooms (with decent curtains etc), so flashing the screen at max brightness could very well wake you up, even without any sound. Even a gentle fade-in from dimmed to full brightness would wake some people up.

Allright :) I can do that then but you guys have to tell me if it really works or not !

I was also thinking that it would rremind you to turn off the alarm if you woke up after the fist sound went off.

I will happily test this once my Pandora turns up :)

Says someone who has re-wired his alarm clock so that the alarm-off button is on the other side of the room!

the twitter feed does not like characters like _, it just writes them out as the word UNDERSCORE?

Ok, version 1.3.3 is out !

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pandoraclock-app

Many many changes in this version, but small ones:

- width of the window is slightly increased at launch.

- the display of the date has been slightly reduced (it was probably too big before).

- Wallpaper is now removed when dimming the screen

- The 00 AM bug should be fixed now, and should display the time as 12 AM.

- When displaying fullscreen, the display of the weather icon and temperature has been adjusted to make use of the extra space

- AM/PM mode now also applies to sub-locations times, not only to the main clock anymore.

- When using wallpapers, the dark digital background of the LCD uses transparency (alpha) in order to avoid hiding the wallpaper too much

- The underscore bug when entering the twitter feed has been fixed. Same for "Minus" sign.

That's about it for this time, update is highly recommended for consistency overall. No new features, just overall improvements.

Next update, 1.3.4, will be focusing on enabling the RSS feed completely for customization. Hopefully a release for this weekend.

Version 1.3.4 is out !

http://repo.openpand...andoraclock-app

As promised the new version is out, with custom RSS feeds implemented.

You can simply switch between a twitter feed entry and a rss feed entry - using the key R -

When entering a RSS feed, you need to enter the whole URL (including HTTP).

Let me know your feedback ! Thanks.

is there a way to make the RSS feed/Twitter feed stick? since when you press R it asks you to enter a feed?

thanks

You press R, you enter the twitter username or the rss feed adress, then it will load the twitter feed or the rss feed.

The feed is saved in your profile so it will be reloaded when you launch the application again, unless you press R in the meantime (R resets the feed to zero).

Does it answer your question regarding the feed "sticking" ?

ok anychance of switching between feeds without resetting in future versions?

thanks

Back