Release Pandora Clock - Release

Tested again without Firefox running... Works perfectly.

Tested one last time with Firefox open again, when I try to fetch weather, it hangs on this screen:

Thanks for taking the time to test again...

This is very wierd. Are you using any ad blocker in firefox or something ? Somehow it seems to be preventing the fetching of information...

Can you try one more thing ?

- start firefox

- start pandora clock and let it hang but do not close it

- close firefox

---> what happens with pandora clock then ? would it recover or keeps hanging ?

As for the color I would like to see, I think this would be perfect: :) !

Oh I like that color very, very much ! Can you give me the exact R/G/B components of that color ?

I will include this in the next update.

any way to have the ringing loop ?

Im one of those person who need the alarm to ring for 15-20mins before i become conscious enough to realise the alarm is ringing haha.

Ok, after further testing I have deemed it my internet connection / location that's the problem.

I tried what you suggested with no joy.

I then closed and opened Pandora Clock after having closed Firefox. No joy.

I restarted my Pandora, went online and opened Pandora Clock... No joy!

So it hanging obviously has nothing to do with Firefox... I was just lucky when it did work. I'll have to test again when I'm in a different area with better reception.

I used GIMP on my Pandora to edit those screenshots and to catch those color values, so here they are: (I added two more color options if you are interested. but obviously the first one, the turquoise is the most important to me... though I would also prefer pink or purple over the red, green, blue that's available at the moment).

Turquoise:

example.png

h: 175

s: 91

v: 100

r: 22

g: 254

b: 235

Pink:

example2.png

h: 323

s: 92

r: 254

g: 20

b: 163

Purple:

example3.png

h: 295

s: 91

r: 235

g: 22

b: 254

Good thing to know it has nothing to do with Firefox :)

Sorry to hear it does not work better on your side. One thing I can do is increase the timeout for the data harvesting online - are you far from your router?

Ok, I'm actually not all that knowledgeable about IT stuff... So I'm not sure what a router actually is...?

I always assumed in my naivete that the router was the access point to the internet...? In which case my phone is the access point and i use it as a mobile wifi hotspot. ??? ;)

Ok, I'm actually not all that knowledgeable about IT stuff... So I'm not sure what a router actually is...?

I always assumed in my naivete that the router was the access point to the internet...? In which case my phone is the access point and i use it as a mobile wifi hotspot. ??? ;)

That could be it ! Phone networks are usually way slower than wifi routers, so what's happening is probably an error with the request and getting no data back... I'll modify this in next release and let's see if it improves your experience or not.

Pandora clock v1.1 in the repo !

Changes :

- added one color (turquoise) on top of the existing ones

- Adjusted timeout for internet connection (might solve some connection problems)

- Added option (keyboard (i)) to adjust the Internet display settings between icon, icon+text, text only, or nothing!

Here is a screen of the latest version:

04.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed this version 1.2 with the feed and returned to previous version in the repo - due to a bug report - apparently the PND does not work as it is, I need to look into the libraries issues. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

I'd love to see a battery indicator on here. I'd rather not have to flip out of full screen to check, especially in the middle of the night when my eyes are adjusted to the dark.

Also, I would love it if I could use the triggers to toggle sleep mode, as those are much easier to find in a dark room with no key backlight. "D" makes sense for "Dim", but isn't easy to reach across the desk and find in a half-sleep daze to check the time.

be good to option to have any feeds in a different colour?

thanks

I'd love to see a battery indicator on here. I'd rather not have to flip out of full screen to check, especially in the middle of the night when my eyes are adjusted to the dark.

Also, I would love it if I could use the triggers to toggle sleep mode, as those are much easier to find in a dark room with no key backlight. "D" makes sense for "Dim", but isn't easy to reach across the desk and find in a half-sleep daze to check the time.

Good suggestions :) Will look into both of them !

heh - a feed report with the repo would be awesome :)

You mean this feed ? http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/rss/forums/1-official-news/

There are not news often on that feed, though - or are there other feeds?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nobody's fault except my crappy internet connection, but I've been having a real problem trying to download the PND... I've tried must be at least 6 times now.

So I know I said I would test last night, but obviously I can only do that when I finally manage to get it downloaded properly. :(

Back