Release Forget Me Not - new shooter/maze game from Nyarla Labs

Well, I figured out the grinding--just tap in the direction of a nearby wall to start grinding, and if you reach a turn in that direction you'll take it. My high score is about 25k now. FMN is pleasantly random and a good way to procrastinate! :)

^

Larry,

How's the grinding going? I use a forward diagonal to increase speed and friction and release when things get too hot and fast.

I'm thinking Dunny might still be waiting on the aforementioned "Nyarla's new Arena mode and bugfixes need to go in."

I'm anxious too for the next release.

There will be a new release soon, yes.

The bug that Sam found is still waiting to be fixed as soon as I figure out what caused it. I'm also waiting for Arena Mode code from Nyarla, and I've found a big in non-chunky mode where (due to the autoframeskip) the game stops responding in very busy levels - I think I know what's causing it, but more investigation is needed.

PND will be along soon, promise!

D.

I bumped my nub at a late level and it froze the game. Luckily I was able to unfreeze it. I was not happy initially as I was over 200K

This is seriously one of my favourite games to play right now. Its so damn sweet.

Hi,

New hiscore in chunky mode ~84k :)

I just can't wait to get my hands on the new improved version !!!

Bye, Magic Sam

Hi,

New hiscore in chunky mode ~84k :)

I just can't wait to get my hands on the new improved version !!!

Bye, Magic Sam

Nyarla just sent me a source update with some gameplay tweaks, better random mazes and new Arena gamestyle :)

Should be all converted to the Pandora by xmas...

D.

Thanks for the port, didn't really appreciate it enough until

I started grinding the walls :)

Hi guys -

Got the source update and I've been trawling through the new updates - this is a big update and it's gonna take me some time to port it with my limited knowledge. I'll try and release by xmas, but it might be a new-year gift as I'm working right over christmas and have a family to take care of :)

D.

Take your time man! Enjoy the holiday with the family and have a festive few days away from these internets. We'll be here when you're ready :)

Hi,

Take your time man! Enjoy the holiday with the family and have a festive few days away from these internets. We'll be here when you're ready :)
+1 :)

And I finally reached the 100k limit, my new hiscore in chunky mode is ~105k !

Bye, Magic Sam

Another +1 from me too. And many thanks to you and of course Nyarla for, what to me, is my Pandora game of the year.

Hi,

I've just committed a mass genocide on the multi-colour, dotted, cloning monsters !

New hiscore in chunky mode ~235k :D

Bye, Magic Sam

Starting work on porting the latest iOS version tomorrow :)

Arena mode looks great - not what I had in mind at all! And more bugfixes, natch.

D.

Heck yes, did a little research on the Arena mode and it sounds like fun. Not sure I'll know how to act once a new version is on my machine. I'm sure its going to be pretty freakin' awesome.

Edit:

Put FMN on my dad's iphone. My build on the Pandora seems faster. Plus the Dpad is so much better than swiping. Grinding is a pain compared to the Pandora. You've done excellent work here ZXD!

Arena mode seems very fun too, Nyarlu just keeps making this better and better.

Hoping I can bust up the scoreboard a bit with an ICP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nyarla just sent me a source update with some gameplay tweaks, better random mazes and new Arena gamestyle :)

Should be all converted to the Pandora by xmas...

D.

*sob*

I am truly sorry. I really am. Up until Xmas, I was working on another project (PandaBAS), and that ran over my allotted time limit. At about the time I was ready to start more FMN development, my wife - who is pregnant - became quite ill. In 2010, my youngest son died shortly before he was due to be born and so everything was put on hold until things improved - and so far they haven't and the mrs is in hospital at the moment while they try to prevent what happened last time... happening again. All this means that I'm having to run the house and look after my other son, which means I have little time free for code at present.

I do have the new source ready to be blended into my port and it shouldn't take too long when I do get started. It shouldn't be long now.

D.

Back