Games That You Can't Wait To Play On Your Pandora.

If the amiga emulator is up and running on launch, knights of the sky would be fab, I never liked the pc version.

Epyx Rogue (DosBox)

Rogue_Screen_Shot_CAR.PNG

I can think of TeeWorlds, Battle for Wesnoth, and Homeworld, but I'm sure there will be many more once the Pandora is released. :)

craigix said:
Definitely. Also as mentioned, Broken Sword and the Space Quest Series. Also Sam and Max and as many point and click games as i can get through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to play the old dos game Sleuth
23831_sleuth_122_721lo.jpg

And also OpenTTD and Supertux. I know they are both on the GP2X but OpenTTD is hard to play on that small screen without a touchscreen and Supertux just takes too long to load to make it real playable.

Transport Tycoon Deluxe
Foto%20Transport%20Tycoon%20Deluxe.jpg

Ultima 6 and 7
Ultima%206%20(DOS).jpg

exult.jpg

Quake 2 (also Doom, Heretic, Hexen, etc, but mostly Q2 for nostalgia)
quake2-15.jpg

Commander Keen
keen1.gif

Warlords 2 Deluxe
Warlords_2_Deluxe_07.png

Bunches of PSX, GBA, SNES games, and a bunch of the games already mentioned before here.

Most of the stuff I'm interested in has already been mentioned. Definitely looking forward to having some good FPSes on the go, though there are a few for DS. Also really hoping that Cave Story gets ported. Such a good game.

Capn_Fish said:
-Marathon 1, Marathon 2: Durandal, and Marathon Infinity (using software renderer until I or somebody else ports it to OGLES)
AlephOne2.jpg
Aleph One ran great on the GP2X and it has no fancy rendering hardware, so it should be fine on the Pandora. The GP2X version had a problem displaying the stuff from the in-game terminals due to the lower resolution and the porter never got it figured out before he left the scene, so that's one reason I'm looking forward to a Pandora port.

hopefully Sauerbraten and Neverball(must have!) if they get ported to GL|ES. (i believe there was a port of neverball for the iphone?)

aside from that, other ports from back in the day :) quake 2 & 3, doom, and misc homebrew :)

Definitely wanna try Kurok

Final Fantasy 3 (American) for SNES

Final Fantasy 7 PSX

Chronotrigger PSX/SNES

Super Metroid

Would like to see if Quake has a possible online match run

It would be awesome if an N64 Emulator surfaced for Conker's Bad Fur Day + Zelda games

Maybe some 8-bit Zelda and Crystalis action

Dang, that should tide me over for near a year while development progresses! Most of these should be near if not fully playable at system launch.

Almost everything I would play has almost already been stated... Crash Bandicoot series on PSX.

to op: pixel isn't allowing ports of cave story anymore, but the source is still out there for some version.

Games that spring to mind:

Wizkid:
wizkid05bo2.png

Super Punch-Out!!:
spo1.jpg

(If the Pandora version of FBA supports CPS3) Street Fighter 3: Third Strike:
sf-third-strike.jpg

Oh and never played it before, but really want to play Parasol Stars as well:
parasolstars-1.gif

Also, Studio Pixel - creator of Cave Story - has said something along the lines of not providing source for porting purposes now that it's going to be commercially available on WiiWare, so there's a bit of a situation there. I love the game but would hate to piss off the creator.

PoisonedV said:
to op: pixel isn't allowing ports of cave story anymore, but the source is still out there for some version.

Drack said:
Also, Studio Pixel - creator of Cave Story - has said something along the lines of not providing source for porting purposes now that it's going to be commercially available on WiiWare, so there's a bit of a situation there. I love the game but would hate to piss off the creator.
:rolleyes:

A lot of the stuff mentioned here plus:

Loaded PSX

loaded_image5.jpg

Darkseed - hoping Amiga emu will be easier than the 2x...

LAPD Future Cop PSX

00013001.jpg

Ridge Racer 4

119709_full.jpg

:D

edit: fixed screens

Squidge said:
Yes, the Pandora will run .gpe files. In fact, if you use the gp2x build environment then your programs will run under both the gp2x and Pandora (the exact same executable) without modification.

to all those people who only posted the name of their games:
PIX OR IT DIDNT(wont) HAPPEN!

Back