[gba] New Beta Of Gpsp2x! Very Fast & Better Sound!

Okay, just some information for Zoddy and the rest of the beta testers:

I think autoframeskip still does weird stuff.

I'm running at 270 MHz.

Sonic Advance plays full speed with FS1 and FS2 most of the time (no sound stuttering).
Pinball Challenge Deluxe runs full speed with FS1

I find most games run fullspeed with sound with FS1 - FS3.

But when I use autoframeskip with the exact same games, it plays choppy like it's FS5 or FS6 all the time.

Can anybody confirm?

EvilDragon posted on Mar 11 2007 at 05:37 PM said:
But when I use autoframeskip with the exact same games, it plays choppy like it's FS5 or FS6 all the time.

Can anybody confirm?

Yep. Same here - and although the frame counter reports a nice steady 60fps, it's most definitely skipping a *lot* of frames.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is a problem with auto frameskip, it does not work in auto, it skips always.
If you set to auto frameskip 1 the games runs smooth like teddy bear hair :D

Any word on expected public release? Sounds like bugs are being dealt with quickly, and sound is the only remaining significant obstacle.

Emu&Co posted on Mar 10 2007 at 11:30 PM said:
the minish cap|Adventure:Runs Great, 60fps
The old GPSP crashed at the Gust Jar. Any change with the dynarec?

naples39 posted on Mar 11 2007 at 09:05 PM said:
Any word on expected public release? Sounds like bugs are being dealt with quickly, and sound is the only remaining significant obstacle.

It's not the sound only. gpsp hangs up in every game after some playing time.

kardasan posted on Mar 11 2007 at 05:39 PM said:
naples39 posted on Mar 11 2007 at 09:05 PM said:

It's not the sound only. gpsp hangs up in every game after some playing time.

Yeah, saw that. I was just hoping that it was a small bug that is easily fixed as it only recently popped up.

Apple posted on Mar 11 2007 at 06:15 PM said:
About how long does it take to get an email/pm on where to download this? (Clearly after a donation.)
Zodttd replies fairly fast, about a day or less. It just depends on when he gets online. I'm sure he will reply to you soon.

I wish he were awake, giving us a new beta...
Guess I will have to wait till tuesday evening because I won't have internet before... ;)
congrats for your ever improving work

see you :lol:

Back from daily work. I will reply to all donators with instructions on getting the beta now. Sorry for the wait. More news coming soon in the main General Discussion - Beta Testers thread. :)

Sent a donation, cant wait to try it out !

Congrats, sounds great so far. Hope eventually Warioware (My favourite GBA game) will be working

Please carry on with the great work !

Rivroner posted on Mar 11 2007 at 02:03 PM said:
Yes, there is a problem with auto frameskip, it does not work in auto, it skips always.
If you set to auto frameskip 1 the games runs smooth like teddy bear hair :D

I started running FS1 since I saw your post and I get alot more lock ups now than when I had it on auto. The games do run ALOT better when they are running.

I played Karnaaja Rally for about 45 mins. on FS on auto with no lock ups, and on FS1 some times it will go 10 mins, other times I can only play for about 30 sec.

Again just some thing I have found.

Having to make a 'donation' to get access to a beta seems to me to be a little too close to cash-for-questions.

I probably would have made a substantial donation to the project had there been no strings attached.

Goob posted on Mar 12 2007 at 07:39 PM said:
Having to make a 'donation' to get access to a beta seems to me to be a little too close to cash-for-questions.

I probably would have made a substantial donation to the project had there been no strings attached.

I think it's a very good idea. You give the ones that donated the advantage of being the first to use it. I will only possibly donate after the public release, because right now I'm not familiar with the gba.
Could be that after trying the public release I will donate, if it runs well and if I use the emulator a lot.

You don't have to donate, and when the release is there you can use it without any costs. So I don't see what's the problem.

Because some may view it not really as a donation, but rather paying for access to the software now.

Goob posted on Mar 12 2007 at 08:08 PM said:
Because some may view it not really as a donation, but rather paying for access to the software now.

Well actually it wasn't really at a playable state in the beginning anyways, and right now it is broken again, since many games freeze after a few minutes (not to talk about the really not user friendly menu).
In other words we beta testers got to do the work for free others get payed for in a real company :p
But yeah I feel honoured to participate in it.
But it really has nothing to do with paying for software.

Back