Gbax 2005 Reactions & Reflections

To all who want a translation from that site... head on OVER HERE. B)

Love the 419 scam graphic in your signature !

I take it you've read some of the funny stories and pictures over at http://www.scamorama.com ?

I just received one today saying i had won the lottery ! If i had i think there would be a website and the email address wouldnt be @netscape.net ! I hate those scamming f*ckers, death to all of em !

Last edited by a moderator:
To all who want a translation from that site... head on OVER HERE. B)

Love the 419 scam graphic in your signature !

I take it you've read some of the funny stories and pictures over at http://www.scamorama.com ?

I just received one today saying i had won the lottery ! If i had i think there would be a website and the email address wouldnt be @netscape.net ! I hate those scamming f*ckers, death to all of em !

They're pretty funny as long as you stay far away from them. ;) I don't remember the link now, but there was a website where some guy made a hobby of getting money FROM these scammers, and getting them to send him ridiculous pictures of themselves in the process. I think he managed to get one of them to send him $400 once, so he scammed the scammer. Pretty funny, but you won't catch me trying that... much too dangerous. :ph34r:

Anyway, in reply to the other posts, this isn't the first time this has happened! Remember ADIC2004 (which actually finished in January 2005)? Not only did we have to wait far too long for the results to be posted, but all of the sponsors bailed and none of the winners got any prizes. :unsure: I heard JBB say that he's probably not going to continue working on his winning entry, Bolcataxian. :( Talk about biting the hand that feeds you... <_< A little demoralizing for developers, I should think!

Thanks for that info, ESN.

Me, too, thinks it sucks to have wait that long for results.
I mean, we have a coding deadline, so they should have a judging deadline :D

It just can`t be, that you worked hard on a game to win something, then wait several month and get anounced as winner, but then being told you get nothing, because the judging took too long... (Bolcataxian case)

It`s a shame and not only a LITTLE demoralizing!

Spotz : A nice little Sudoku game :)
"The Doormat Brothers" :lol: :lol: I love ths mock graphic :D

The game graphics are a bit plain but functional and the sound effects are very sparce. I like the ending; the flashing bulbs and can-can music is very funny (in a Cheesy but nice way). They remind me of Blackpool or Skeggy :lol:

Changing the numbers to spotz does make the game nicer to play, but also slighty harder. A column of all the spot colours available down the screens right side would be a handy check list.

A few more inprovements: A high score table and game title on the left of the game board. In-game & option screen music. And finally L shoulder button to erase a spot.

Qwarage : One cpu ship and one player ship...hmm maybe a little bit more work to finish this ;)

The ships do look quite nice in size, shape and design, just more detail needs to be added and the boss ship needs its guns animated.

I dont think the ship is too big, rather the bullets are huge and could do shrinking quite a bit, they need to have a slower fire rate, and need to orginate from the guns of the ship.

The players ship does seem to move nice enough.

Happy Giant : This game looks very promising :D Once its finished, I can easily see it being added to my smc so a quick play every so often just like I do with the cat game.

The graphics are brilliant. Nice and bright, simple and clear. I like the different international scenes in the backgrounds.

The control is pretty nice, the combo moves being a great idea :D I dont know if adding more controls would be good or maybe they wouldnt :unsure:

I can see music and effects would really be a plus side for the game. Nice cartoon style music and squishy sounds & screams would be very funny :) And speech for the combo graphics would be good, as I'm too engrossed in the game to read them in time :lol:

I think to keep the interest, the game will need to introduce a few other elements to it to stop it getting stale. Ideas like spaceships to hurdle over, high spaceships to headbutt (like the space invaders bonus ship) and power-ups etc

Its a very nice game, with a fresh feel of game idea. I cant wait to play the finished article. Very well done :D B)

Thanks for that info, ESN.

Me, too, thinks it sucks to have wait that long for results.
I mean, we have a coding deadline, so they should have a judging deadline :D

It just can`t be, that you worked hard on a game to win something, then wait several month and get anounced as winner, but then being told you get nothing, because the judging took too long... (Bolcataxian case)

It`s a shame and not only a LITTLE demoralizing!

from gbax site:
July 3rd: GBAX2005 results are ready and will be announced soon.

edit: @ Quiest- yea, me too. I know it's a difficult process, but it really did/is taking too long to announce the winners :ph34r:

"announced soon" - I heard that around three or four weeks ago on #gp32dev :D

Blabla? I hope not...

Back