Gbax Emails Notifcation

18the november and got an e-mail like this...

Hi,

Your order will be shipped tomorrow and you will receive a confirmation e-mail as soon as your order has been processed.

Thanks

Debs

excited :D

They are all written out, it's just the packing and taking to the main post depo which is time consuming, my truck is poorly again and in truck hospital and I have the flu which is kind of complicating things - we had hoped to be able to take them all on tues. oh well. tomorrow should do it.

More lemsip.

Heh suspect i'm becoming quite the joke at gbax hq :D , have sent them multiple mails now ;)
Well I just want to get started, actually i've made an ugly port of alephone but i'm gonna wait with releasing something as i've no idea if it works or not, except in virtual environment :p which is 'little' indication how it will perform on the hardware.

craigix posted on Dec 15 2005 at 04:24 AM said:
They are all written out, it's just the packing and taking to the main post depo which is time consuming, my truck is poorly again and in truck hospital and I have the flu which is kind of complicating things - we had hoped to be able to take them all on tues. oh well. tomorrow should do it.

More lemsip.

Recuperation

Last edited by a moderator:
It arrived this morning! Hooray! Unfortunately, I won't be able to use it till 5:00 tonight... Meh, I'll use my GBA until then...

I got mine this morning, but i cant use it till christmas, i had a little fiddle with it though.

got the screen protector on absolutly fine with no visible dust, it was pretty easy actually, i dunno what all the fuss is about with that.

the joystick is perfect, it wasnt too stiff, moved around easily and felt fine on my thumb, im guessing they modified it at GBAX before shipping ?

firmware i noticed on boot was 1.0.1, thats updated right?

it took no more than 10 seconds to boot, seriously, whats all this about 30 seconds? i barely had time to read the text on the boot screen and the menu with all the icons was up!

got 1GB card and usb reader fine, also usb cable, a CD, instruction manual and a christmas card from gp2x.co.uk :)

when i unpacked the box and seen the gp2x box, i was shocked how small it is, the pictures really dont give you a clue, i expected it to be at least 3x as bigger

the unit itself is awesome, its a work of art, felt nice in my handetc,and also emphasis on the joystick, the joystick was nice.

i went into the memory area and couldnt figure out how to go back to the main menu until i had to put it away, but i cant wait to get it on christmas morning :)

this will be the first christmas in about 6 years since ive looked forward to something :)

thanks gbax!

edit: oh yeah, also i noticed no scanlines or anything wrong with the screen, no flickering at all or any of that.

Didn't get mine. Surprise.

I wonder what the chances are it'll come tomorrow. But hey, at least I can spend another day hanging around in my flat until after 1pm; I mean, it's not like I have better things to do...

There's a very fine line between being discourteous towards customers and being untrustworthy. I think GBAX are still on the safe side... if it doesn't come tomorrow, I'll be reappraising that, which is a shame :huh:

Just went to the post office to pick mine up.

Sat in there car park for 10 min's testing it out. :D

No problems with mine.

Loaded up my SD card with DRmd and roms last night, works a treat.

I am not gonna get much work done this afternoon :p

I've got it, but I don't know whether or not I've got both screen protectors off. The tab broke off when I tried to remove the first one, so I had to claw at the edge to take it off. I don't know if the second one's gone with it, but there are no scratches on the screen. Other than that, hooray.

theres 3 screen protectors. one on the actual LCD screen with the red tag, the white paper underneath the screen plastic itself which covers the sticky bit underneath, and one on top of the screen which is pretty hard to get off

And I'm wondering if the last one is still on my screen, seeing as I can't find any trace of the edge or corner of it. I don't want to fit my screen protector with something still on the screen.

Back