Gbax Tv Out Cable Review

Yes, if you're too thick to read the several posts saying it's just an adaptor, then yes you're going to have problems with it.

It isn't designed to be a cable, it is an adaptor to give the Svideo and audio ports, just like on any console.

The best (and cheapest) cables to get for it would just be normal red/white/yellow video cables. Thats what I use, cost £4.99 for a 4M one.

Also, the emulators will work once they are fixed up, it's because no one had a cable to test them until now.

-Craig

what is that exact cable called and where can i find it in the UK?

craig?

how will a "normal red/white/yellow video cable" work with the gp2x adaptor?

i have a white wire, a red wire, and a black one with a weird connector that i have no idea where that goes.

seriously, i just need someone to point me in the godamn direction of what it is that i need EXACTLY, something i can go into a shop and say GIVE ME X, not give me a normal general random white red yellow cable and then get home and hope it works i need a brand name and model or something !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't designed to be a cable, it is an adaptor to give the Svideo and audio ports, just like on any console.

The best (and cheapest) cables to get for it would just be normal red/white/yellow video cables. Thats what I use, cost £4.99 for a 4M one.

Also, the emulators will work once they are fixed up, it's because no one had a cable to test them until now.

-Craig

what is that exact cable called and where can i find it in the UK?

craig?

i have a white wire, a red wire, and a black one with a weird connector that i have no idea where that goes.

seriously, i just need someone to point me in the godamn direction of what it is that i need EXACTLY, something i can go into a shop and say GIVE ME X, not give me a normal general random white red yellow cable and then get home and hope it works i need a brand name and model or something !!!!!!!!!!!

svideo adaptor to a phono, female both ends. Look at my picture of it.
http://photos.yahoo.com/jordan.brooks@btinternet.com Ask and you will receive

im given an adaptor with no instructions whatsoever or no help from the person who i bought it from and thats all you can say? well, fuck you too then.

The strange black weird connector is an s-video connector.

You need an adaptor, either female-to-female s-video interconnect.

Or probably cheaper a female s-video-to-female composite interconnect.

You then can use either a 3 phono to 3 phono cable, yellow, red, white, which is what craigix has described.

Or you can use an s-video and 2 phono cable, if you went for the s-video interconnect. :)

Am I right to say that it doesn't use the headphone socket? That's what I think I've understood, but I'd just like to check. That'll be particularly handy considering my gp2x is one of the very early ones with the wireless headphone socket feature! :p

Yes sound through the tv-out socket would be very interesting since my version of the gp2 is one of the very early ones with "the disappearing into the unit then opening it up and retrieving it earphone socket"-feature! :p

Am I right to say that it doesn't use the headphone socket?  That's what I think I've understood, but I'd just like to check.  That'll be particularly handy considering my gp2x is one of the very early ones with the wireless headphone socket feature!  :p

Yes sound through the tv-out socket would be very interesting since my version of the gp2 is one of the very early ones with "the disappearing into the unit then opening it up and retrieving it earphone socket"-feature! :p

S Video and 2 audio phono sockets come out of the TV out connector adaptor so you don't need to use the headphone socket.

Right, I've got a list of items that I'll probably need to connect my GP2X to a 3-phono TV set-up:

S-Video Female-Male (1.5m) extender.
S-Video Female to Phono Male adaptor.
Dual Phono Male-Male (1.5m) adaptor.
GP2X TV-Out adaptor.

I'm assuming this would work? Tell me if I've got it wrong before I go for it.

got my cable today works excellent video playback is good but im getting some vertical lines in dark areas it happens when it was playing on the lcd i thought it was the scanline issue

thinks it the funky mplayer update im running 1.2.1

anyone else getting this?

about the cable my only gripe is the s video cable why is it male when the other two are female

it would make alot more sense to have it female because the cable was never really intended to plug into the tv considering how minuscule it is

I think they should had just used the standard Yellow/Red/White and not bothered with the S-Video which not meny people have (I do ;) )

Having to buy an extra adaptor just causes confusion. I'm not sure it's something I will bother with as I have a modded Xbox for all my living room emulation/movie needs.

It's still a good idea and something very few handheld consoles have ever done (I think the Nomad had it)

Right, I've got a list of items that I'll probably need to connect my GP2X to a 3-phono TV set-up:

GP2X TV-Out adaptor.

looks good to me

got my cable today works excellent video playback is good but im getting some vertical lines in dark areas it happens when it was playing on the lcd i thought it was the scanline issue

thinks it the funky mplayer update im running 1.2.1

anyone else getting this?

about the cable my only gripe is the s video cable why is it male when the other two are female

it would make alot more sense to have it female because the cable was never really intended to plug into the tv considering how minuscule it is

It was probably done that way because SVHS extensions (female to male) are more common than male to male and male to male Phono is more commonly used than female to male.

based on obversation of what is stocked in Maplin.

GP2X TV-Out adaptor.

Since your tv apears not to have an S-video input, you might as well not get the s-video female-male extension cable + female to phono adaptor, but instead get a female S-video to female phono adaptor, and an extra phono cable. the S-video cable is probably more expensive than a phono cable (besides, most people have a few of those lying around anyway and if you don't, you could probably get a 'broken' one for free from one of your mates, find out which of the two cables in the pair is broken, get rid of that one, and use the working one for the video.)

P.

It was probably done that way because SVHS extensions (female to male) are more common than male to male and male to male Phono is more commonly used than female to male.

Dunno, but looking through my junkbox, there's no svideo extension cables (f-m), and a couple of spare male-male svideo connector cables. Almost any appliance you buy will come with a male-male lead, as they have a female connector on the chassis, and so does the tv.

P.

Just a quick thought. Will this cable I had work as an adaptor or is the the wrong way, I have all the cable male/female talk.

svideo.JPG

Since your tv apears not to have an S-video input, you might as well not get the s-video female-male extension cable + female to phono adaptor, but instead get a female S-video to female phono adaptor, and an extra phono cable. the S-video cable is probably more expensive than a phono cable.
I've already got the adaptor (oddly), which is why I'm asking about the rest.

Back