Gbax Tv Out Cable Review

Just a quick thought. Will this cable I had work as an adaptor or is the the wrong way, I have all the cable male/female talk.

svideo.JPG

Sorry but that is a male s-video to female composite. Won't work I'm afraid.

Female=holes

Males=Sticky out bits

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
@nickspoon

If you are connecting to 3 phono yellow, red & white. Then keep it simple, it will be cheaper too.

1 Female S-Video-to-Female Composite (phono) adaptor £5.00 + postage Maplins, probably get it cheaper somewhere else.

2 3 Phono to 3 Phono 5 metre lead on Ebay approx £5.00 delivered.

That's all you need to go add to the TV-out lead from Gbax.

Alas, nickspoon doesn't have it set up as in the @nickspoon post (which would have been cheaper to do, but nevermind, £25 to get the whole lot working isn't too bad :)

Alas, nickspoon doesn't have it set up as in the @nickspoon post (which would have been cheaper to do, but nevermind, £25 to get the whole lot working isn't too bad :)

I thought you was going into 3 phono? or is the you had you ordered all you bits before I posted?

£25 not bad at all, if that includes the TV-out cable from gbax.

I ordered the bits before you posted. I'm quick like that.

£15 for TV-Out, £5 for S-Vid to Phono adapter, £2.50 for S-Vid extension and £2.50 for 2x Phono Male-Male.

Got to love eBay.

I ordered the bits before you posted. I'm quick like that.

£15 for TV-Out, £5 for S-Vid to Phono adapter, £2.50 for S-Vid extension and £2.50 for 2x Phono Male-Male.

Got to love eBay.

Can't complain at those prices.

I was worried that by buying seperate cables it would cost you more, but it looks to me as though the difference would be negligable, if any. :D

Sorry if this has already been covered but....

Are the phono leads on the GBAX TV Out cable male or female connectors?

Thanks

EDIT: Apologies, Ive just found the answer - ignore :)

This is what I ordered from Maplin

L10BA 3x Phono Lead 1.5m £4.99 - going to spit it down to just the 2
QM52 SVHS-Phono Adaptor £4.99 - Took ages to find this and they only had 1 left in stock

Just edited the post these are the only 2 items you need to get it working. The SVHS adapter plugs into the SVHS cable and then u can plug all the 3 phono leads into each different socket.

EDIT: Nevermind. Next time I'll read the whole thread rather than ask questions when they come to mind. Beats having to wire up my own S-video->RCA adapter.

Memo to self: Don't order from gbax until I get an engineering degree.

Paradox,

Do not buy the adaptor from me, if you can't work out how to use it just DON'T buy it.

-Craig

Shit dude. Harsh.

Allan.

Craig's typically unhelpful approach to customer support.

Personally i'm seriously put out by the insane choice of s-video for the tv-out. First i tried a cheap s-video to scart adaptor, which only gave a black and white picture. So now i've got one of the s-video to phono adaptors from maplin mentioned previously in this thread, but after running the video via a phono type cable (as craigix himself suggests) I still get a b&w pic... So far as i'm concerned the tv-out function is currently an unusable PoS... I'm sick of constantly throwing money at the gp2x (add this to batteries, charger, sd-card which is recognised, etc... it all starts seriously adding up :angry: )

Paradox,

Do not buy the adaptor from me, if you can't work out how to use it just DON'T buy it.

-Craig

Shit dude. Harsh.

Allan.

Craig's typically unhelpful approach to customer support.

Personally i'm seriously put out by the insane choice of s-video for the tv-out. First i tried a cheap s-video to scart adaptor, which only gave a black and white picture. So now i've got one of the s-video to phono adaptors from maplin mentioned previously in this thread, but after running the video via a phono type cable (as craigix himself suggests) I still get a b&w pic... So far as i'm concerned the tv-out function is currently an unusable PoS... I'm sick of constantly throwing money at the gp2x (add this to batteries, charger, sd-card which is recognised, etc... it all starts seriously adding up :angry: )

i had the exact same problem dude i was climbing the bloody walls going crazy i vented some of my anger on the tv control and by some happy accident it started working in colour

i take it your svideo and phono conections are on the front of your TV mapped to one of the av channels, mine appeared to be on AV3 i was getting a black and white picture.

Then i pressed the Av button on my remote (panasonic) it switched to "AV3S" which gave me colour through the S video.

On my other tv this setting was much more hidden I had to navigate around the tv menu eventually i found it and changed it from Component to Svideo.

Hope this helps dude

Coincendetally i was looking at my TVout cable today and the better quality manufaturing process involves the pins being slightly bent upwards :lol:

BTW make sure you select the current region when enabling TVOUT from the gp2x i.e PAL europe UK NTSC the rest of the world

BTW make sure you select the current region when enabling TVOUT from the gp2x i.e PAL europe UK NTSC the rest of the world

thanks Omar... i'm thinking rationally again and think this is the issue.... but where do i choose ntsc or pal? i'm using firmware 1.1.0, but i don't see the option anywhere?

Back