GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

^^^^i have a special edition on order but also 25 regular gcws. Do i need to fill this out? I did update my address with justin via email previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filled that form in ... I still had difficulties confirming my order was originally for a White GCW ... Do I want a Black or a White one.

Sometimes options are not such a good thing for me :)

Just to spread the word, GCW zero SE started shipping and that form posted 3 posts up will help getting things out faster, so if you are an SE guy, fill it out.

Some people on dingoonity. There's a review or two up. Not a whole whole lot physically have them, lots waiting on shipping / customs. they have 60 out of the 150 shipped according to people close to the project.

Looks a nice device, and I was tempted to order, but I just don't think I'd actually use it :(

^^^^^Im waiting on a special edition model. Not certain when it will come as i have 25 regular on order too.

Im selling them all.

No crazy prices though. Ill sell the gcw se for retail price. I hope to have it soon.

I don't know if this has been discussed but what exactly is the difference between the GCW Zero,,,Dingoo, Wiz and Caanoo ?? are the specs that dramatic?

Last edited:
GCW Zero, spec wise is comparable to the Pandora in speed and memory capacity.. It does only have a 320x240 screen and it's a MIPs based processor and obviously the lack of the keyboard.

it's basically a dingoo on steroid, and unlike the dingoo it's not running a closed OS that you need to replace with OpenDingux, it's already running that from the start

I really want it! but i can't bid on it, nor contact the seller since i live in europe...  :(
Well, 200 normal edition ones will be shipped to me on June 20th :)

So soon after, you can easily order it :)
Good to know. I got tired of waiting for it. You might put some well visible announcement when you receive them. 

For those who did not yet know we have partnered with Evil Dragon aka Michael of Open Pandora and their project to bring all of 3D Realms titles we have licensing for to be sold on the Pandora repo/app store under the GCW name.

Right now Duke Nukem, Hocus Pocus,Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, and Monster Bash are for sale under the GCW name now for the Pandora on their repo/appstore.

We feel this will be a great partnership and hopefully attract more commercial software companies to sell their games on our repo/app store in turn we will also sell them on the Pandora repo/appstore.

We also hope this will attract more homebrew/indie developers to the GCW Zero that had no clue we existed until we got this exposure.

Status update on progress we hope to have all GCW Zero SE models completely shipped on Tuesday 6/18/2013 and start the process of shipping the KickStarter models.

Another question was asked about shipping yes vendors will be shipped at same time as Kickstarter orders but will not be shipping their models till after all the KS orders are filled.

Please specify license for packages on the repo.

Also i think a bundle should be made so that you get all the gcw commercial games, otherwise a larger part of the funds are lost to paypal fees.

GCW Zero, spec wise is comparable to the Pandora in speed and memory capacity.. It does only have a 320x240 screen and it's a MIPs based processor and obviously the lack of the keyboard.
320x240 screen was the only thing that stopped me getting one, too many games on MAME have just a bit bigger screen resolution and I hate scaled images.

Its not that i _have_ to get them all, but _if_ i chose to you could bundle all, knock off a dollar/euro/pound on the total and save both gcw and me in doing so, hence the bundle.

Edit: @Ian J,  The screen is also not curved, which means you would have to plug it to an external display anyways.

Back