GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

To All Fathers everywhere from me and all of us at GCW

happy-fathers-day-20121-568x396.jpg

It's not FD here in Australia till the first Sunday of September.

pmprog if you got back about three to four pages in this thread you will get the answers you are seeking.
I didn't find anything about dev kits, but I understand about the screen. Shame, because that's the only thing putting me off buying one.

Hi-Res would be a great thing but it would drive costs too high and we are too late in the game to make changes. I'm in talks with the manufacturer of our lcd to see if they can make use a higher res screen with same dimensions and connections as what we currently have for 640x800 or 800x600 no reply as to if we can get that yet or not.....

Like I said, I understand, but it is the deciding factor on if I order one or not. Well, that and the "will I use it?", as I should be getting my Pandora back soon from repair.

I will consider it for games I write though, especially if it's got SDL etc. and I can compile Ziz's Sparrow3D.

I can respect your choice and realize the GCW Zero is not for everyone and definately look forward to the possible port ofg Ziz's Sparrow3D by you if you decide to do it...

Ok count down begins we are at 92 had a couple cancels and such but only 8 to go. So by the end of today we should have met the 100.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on people last chance to get the upgraded vershion remeber tick tock tick tock hurry before they are all gone.

480x320 would be pretty useless, I think. There is no system to my knowledge, that used this resolution and it would need fractional fullscreenscaling. Thats a bit ugly.

The Zodiac (rip) had this resolution (480 x 320) pixels

and Yoyo, Tinnus etc developped LJZ ... ;)

And can you emulate the zodiac on this device?

Get my point?

It's not just the matter of finding a higher rez screen. It has to fit the current housing, match the pcb connection, and be readily available to source for the manufacturer. That seems like a tough find.

the low res screen, in my opinion limit it to console game emulation, but without keyboard anyway...

Sourcing and cost are two major issues when you are talking a hi-res screen of higher then 320x240

Are you actually considering a different screen or just keeping the current one?

I'm in talks with the manufacturer of our lcd to see if they can make use a higher res screen with same dimensions and connections as what we currently have for 640x800 or 800x600 no reply as to if we can get that yet or not.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back