Gemei A320

'Orkie' said:
'A600' said:
No Linux here. It uses µC/OS-II
Yet the official toolchain is for mipsel-linux?

I don't see a problem with that. If you check the Ingenic ftp you'll see the toolchain used for building µC/OS-II is mipsel-linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
'klikklak' said:
Also, here's a question to those with the machine: I read something about it not supporting all normal formats of Neogeo roms, is there a converter or do you have to hunt down some obscure format to use it? And how difficult is it to upgrade an emu? most of them come bundled with the machine, right? CPS-2, does it work or not? And does it support screen rotating for shooters? I bet the controls wouldn't be very comfy for that, but maybe I'm wrong.
You can find the conversion tools for NeoGeo and CPS2 roms here:

http://www.dingoo888.com/download.asp

I've used these tools on the Gemei 760+ and they convert fine. All CPS2 roms that work with FinalBurnAlpha convert perfectly. NeoGeo roms are a little picky. Only NeoGeo game zip files with *.bin will convert properly NOT *.rom. So check your zipped files for that. Again only tested with Gemei 760+.

got mine today only tried sfc strete fighter seems like the d pad isn;t that great, anyone know if there is a mega drive emu for this console

got mine today only tried sfc street fighter seems like the d pad isn;t that great, anyone know if there is a mega drive emu for this console

It is a good mp4 player english support and downloads available here www.x760.co.nr

hopefully some of the official games will be translated along with the emulators.

Yey, mine has been shipped today :)
Now I gotta wait a couple of weeks for the snail-mail to arrive.

'lodoss118' said:
got mine today only tried sfc street fighter seems like the d pad isn;t that great, anyone know if there is a mega drive emu for this console
The problem with the A320's d-pad is it doesnt quite stick out far enough. Another fraction of an inch and it would be perfect. It's still very responsive and useable as is. The screen is really sharp. I was quite surprised by that. If I have a minor complaint it would be the on/off is a slide switch rather than a button. Well worth the $85 for me. I hope the emus can get optimized a little more. Hats off to DealExtreme and this great deal.

'A600' said:
'DisgruntleElf' said:
The screen is really sharp.
Have you noticed any ghosting?

No ghosting whatsoever and none of the GP2X lines or flickering. On the control front however I find diagonals a little stiff but up, down, left, right and all buttons respond perfectly.

'DisgruntleElf' said:
No ghosting whatsoever and none of the GP2X lines or flickering. On the control front however I find diagonals a little stiff but up, down, left, right and all buttons respond perfectly.
Could you try the Megadrive emu with Sonic? Some people who received it have reported that there is ghosting with the Megadrive emu and some roms.

'A600' said:
'DisgruntleElf' said:
Could you try the Megadrive emu with Sonic? Some people who received it have reported that there is ghosting with the Megadrive emu and some roms.

The Megadrive emu is the worst of all of them with the least compatibilty. It's really bad. Don't judge the unit by that emulator it isn't worth the effort.

'DisgruntleElf' said:
'A600' said:
'DisgruntleElf' said:

The Megadrive emu is the worst of all of them with the least compatibilty. It's really bad. Don't judge the unit by that emulator it isn't worth the effort.

Aww bummer, that's mainly what I wanted it for =/

Hopefully they'll update it or someone'll make a proper picodrive port

the md emu does have some ghosting becasue of the gfx bugs, the emu is not that great for md games yet, hopefully they will improve?

'A600' said:
'Exophase' said:
Could someone who has/is getting one do me a favor and if you have either of these GBA ROMs, test Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories or Golden Sun 2 in it.. thanks.
_Seagal_, an user from the gp32spain boards who has a Gemei X760+ (same hardware as the Dingoo A320) has tried the GBA emu with those roms:

- Golden Sun 2 works but, sometimes, the music crackles.
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories hangs while playing the intro video.

Bingo, that's gpSP. Thanks for the info.

'Goity' said:

told you you're allowed to put ... on a device and not get sued.
No, Chinese companies just don't care.

http://www.dingoo888.com/en/uploadpic/imag...12131034515.jpg

CODE
http://www.dingoo888.com/en/uploadpic/images/200812131034515.jpg

Edit: well I think that they started caring about it because as You can see here the buttons are now in nintendo style :p :p
but if I'm right the A B X Y are free to use for everyone

any developper ordered / has one ? i'm intrested in it for developping purposes, i want something new gp2x doesn't intrest me anymore and unfortunatly i didn't order a pandora and it'll probably take a while before it's out also. So i'd like to know what it's like. I'm currently downloading the sdk (thanks orkie) and managed to register on the site as well. I didn't order one just yet have to put some money first on paypal account and want to know other people's opinions about it.

well its really good but needs more devs to improve the emulation, only the d pads need to be out abit more...

I don't know to much but still think that the Wiz has many advantages anyway don't think that they are wort 100 $ :) :)

By the way do any of the owner know something about USB host / cardle / any other out ports ?? ( maybe at least RS-232 :( :( but from the picture I don't see any so the only possibility is USB host will read about the core and then if it has it I will try to figure out does the console have it )

( I give up the description didn't have anything about it and I think that they would include it :) :) and the JZ4732 isn't descripted on wikipedia :p :p )

Back