Gemei A320

'quartercast' said:
Wow, that obliterates the Wiz battery life of ~5h... although I wonder what sort of battery life you'd get when underclocking the Wiz to ~400MHz. How come your Dingoo has a longer battery life at higher clock speed?
I finished the test: 9h 25m

Is it simply due to the fact that you've been discharging the Li-ion battery completely for the first time.

That's what I thought. I run the 336 MHz test after the first battery charge and the 430 MHz test after the third one.

I'd like to see you run the 336MHz test again, and see what happens then.

I'll try it tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
'Peter R' said:
This battery life is intriguing!
The tech is more advanced than the Wiz, that's probably why.

We are gearing up to give the A320 a proper archive and forum section.

We are also talking to them with regards to tweaking the system controls etc.

Thanks craig and Ed, sounds like you have big plans for the A320. Are they (dingoo) different from other PMP manufacturers you've dealt with?

And the battery is 1700 mA compared to Wizs 2000 mA I hope that''s not the end of the console designing history from this factory ,, Dingo is really nice I will think some more :) :) ( any way do it too often ) and maybe I will buy it coz the screen is awesome comparing to Wiz for me the only thing is lack of any out port RS232/USB host than We could even make multiplayer games via USB/RS232 and play together ( There is only one problem non of my neibours has a Dingoo or a Wiz :) :) )

Forum section on this? Really? :( It's a nice machine and all, but it is connected in no way to GPH or their machines. At least the Pandora originated here, and kinda stems off from GPH consoles.

I say a seperate forum should be set up.

I agree for a section here coz I don't want to visit to many forums it gets hard especially when You don't have too much time and the Dingoo is similar to GPH consoles ( it even has the same size/resolution screen :p :p )

'Orange Pumpkin' said:
Dingoo is similar to GPH consoles ( it even has the same size/resolution screen :p :p )
My PDA is even closer. Normal sized SD slot, same screen size, same resolution, touchscreen and ARM. Should we also have a section for that?

PWNED ...... wow, never used that word before, it just fits so nicely.

Anyone else agree with me apart from Orkie?

Edit: Poll time?

'pandora' said:
Anyone else agree with me apart from Orkie?
I agree. I dont think the Pandora should have piggybacked on to this forum either, but I cant remember a poll about that :)

'Orkie' said:
'Orange Pumpkin' said:
Dingoo is similar to GPH consoles ( it even has the same size/resolution screen :p :p )
My PDA is even closer. Normal sized SD slot, same screen size, same resolution, touchscreen and ARM. Should we also have a section for that?

What if it's the same developers, same users, same community using and tweaking a similar device for the same purpose (emulation, homebrew, media playing etc)? And given the A320 doesn't have an established dedicated forum elsewhere, I don't see why this online community can't "adopt" it as craig described.

I agree that you have to draw the line somewhere, but I think some of you guys could be a little bit more open minded.

Poll made.

www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46978

'Orkie' said:
'Orange Pumpkin' said:

It's still a PDA, not a gaming device capable of homebrew & nicely hackable... now you're just being stubborn...
'quartercast' said:
What if it's the same developers, same users, same community using and tweaking a similar device for the same purpose (emulation, homebrew, media playing etc)? And given the A320 doesn't have an established dedicated forum elsewhere, I don't see why this online community can't "adopt" it as craig described.

I agree that you have to draw the line somewhere, but I think some of you guys could be a little bit more open minded.

+1

Well if there's a such big topic about puting a section here I think that the Dingoo must have something in it that people like it

Orkie: Does Your PDA have a linux based OS ??

Consequence9, most pdas are capable of homebrew and 'nicely hackable'
and orange pumpkin, a great deal also run linux.
any way, i dont want the forums here. the problem is each forum is given too much prominence, there needs to be some advanced category system

Could be too but a A320 section would be better in my mind :) :)

Back