Gemei A320

i just dont want to see gp32x become a giant clusterfuck like dcemu's main page is. even with subforum and forum hiding its still annoying

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys can we keep the forum argument in the other thread, thanks.

@A600
How did you go with that test?

Edit: For those who are thinking of getting a Micro-to-Mini SD adapter with their Dingoo off dealextreme, I bought this one and it works with my sandisk 4GB microSDHC card.

->dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7184

'quartercast' said:
Thanks craig and Ed, sounds like you have big plans for the A320. Are they (dingoo) different from other PMP manufacturers you've dealt with?
We have spoken to them and they don't seem like the usual Chinese PMP clone fly-by-night sort of guys.

They want to promote the A320, it's their only product like this, they want us to use the SDK and want to help with improving the system and opening things up.

This is the first time I've ever found a Chinese company who actually seem to understand what we want to use their system for.

We are going to do things like check their CE/FCC certificate and spend some time testing the system over the next week or so then make a decision. It's looking good though.

Also, embrace open systems - they will only make things better overall, more users, more programs, more ports, more recognition - Don't start niche console wars. Leave the open console wars for when we have a majority market share!

That are really good news ,, I hope You make the right decision ( doesn't matter witch ) and I'm really happy that You keep in touch with the company that makes it .. Will somebody make a icon in case the decision will be to make a section ( I will try too ) ..

'craigix' said:
'quartercast' said:
Thanks craig and Ed, sounds like you have big plans for the A320. Are they (dingoo) different from other PMP manufacturers you've dealt with?
We have spoken to them and they don't seem like the usual Chinese PMP clone fly-by-night sort of guys.

They want to promote the A320, it's their only product like this, they want us to use the SDK and want to help with improving the system and opening things up.

This is the first time I've ever found a Chinese company who actually seem to understand what we want to use their system for.

We are going to do things like check their CE/FCC certificate and spend some time testing the system over the next week or so then make a decision. It's looking good though.

Also, embrace open systems - they will only make things better overall, more users, more programs, more ports, more recognition - Don't start niche console wars. Leave the open console wars for when we have a majority market share!

This is awesome news. Thank you.

'Auritribe' said:
'craigix' said:
'quartercast' said:

+1 =] It's good to know they're responsive & enthusiastic. Backing from the company is often the difference between a good product and a bad one. It helps all the more in this case especially.

'Consequence9' said:
'Auritribe' said:
'craigix' said:
'quartercast' said:
Thanks craig and Ed, sounds like you have big plans for the A320. Are they (dingoo) different from other PMP manufacturers you''ve dealt with?

+1 =] It's good to know they're responsive & enthusiastic. Backing from the company is often the difference between a good product and a bad one. It helps all the more in this case especially.

Moreso considering all the troubles with GPH throughout the years.

A little off topic (or back on depending on how you look at it)...

Has anyone gotten the SDK to compile and work alright, either on PC or the a320? I can compile on PC ok but the app crashes with errors and the build doesn't run on the a320, it did the first time but not the second, post clean.

Just got mine. Observations:
  • The controls are fine as they are (though the shoulder buttons feel in the wrong place to start with and are very small).
  • The built in games are mostly crap (the '3D' racing game especially) and about half of them seem to run on the GBA emulator.
  • My (oldish) mobile phone does more advanced 3D in software with Java.
  • TV out works as well as is possible with composite video.
  • The AC adapter is confusing, I couldn't work out which way up it was meant to plug into the wall.
  • Feels reasonably sturdy, though quite cheap (especially on the back).
  • The screen is adequate, not especially good but certainly no Game.com.
  • No volume controls at all - highly irritating.
  • Hold does work.
  • Comes in Chinese by default.
  • Boots extremely quickly.
  • The radio app seems to pick up all the stations I can get around here.
  • Video player is 'OK', but couldn't play an episode of Star Trek ripped straight from DVD smoothly.
  • Maximum volume is a bit low and sound gets distorted at higher volume levels.
  • Slightly thinner than Wiz, same length.
  • Didn't come with any screen protector fitted so I have a nice pre-scratched screen out of the box.
  • Seems to have the same games as the Vii?
  • Menu translation is pretty poor.
Could be a decent homebrew machine but I suspect most people would find it quite infuriating to use (especially without volume controls of any kind).

'Orkie' said:
Could be a decent homebrew machine but I suspect most people would find it quite infuriating to use (especially without volume controls of any kind).
Start + Up/Down works in most apps.

Volume control is soft-ware problem ,, isn't it ?? We/You should ask them to make it work properly form what You wrote :

-The built in games are mostly crap (the '3D' racing game especially) and about half of them seem to run on the GBA emulator.
-Feels reasonably sturdy, though quite cheap (especially on the back)
-My (oldish) mobile phone does more advanced 3D in software with Java
-Video player is 'OK', but couldn't play an episode of Star Trek ripped straight from DVD smoothly

I can see that it isn't so good as it was should be .. But don't 3 from 4 biggest problems ( at least for me ) are just bad made soft-ware ..

Ohh.. There is mentioned somewhere that it has a unique DVD optimization :) :)

Could You post some comparison of the size ( case and if You can interior would be nice too ) ??

'Orkie' said:
Didn't come with any screen protector fitted so I have a nice pre-scratched screen out of the box.
Mine has a thick plastic coat over the front of the screen, thicker than what is sold retail on most watch faces.

'Matthew Callis' said:
Mine has a thick plastic coat over the front of the screen, thicker than what is sold retail on most watch faces.
And that is nicely scratched on mine.

'Matthew Callis' said:
When people say 'a scratched screen', they don't mean the actual LCD is damaged; the cover in front of it is.

'Orkie' said:
Just got mine. Observations:
  • The AC adapter is confusing, I couldn't work out which way up it was meant to plug into the wall.
  • Maximum volume is a bit low and sound gets distorted at higher volume levels.
  • Didn't come with any screen protector fitted so I have a nice pre-scratched screen out of the box.
  • Menu translation is pretty poor.
It doesn't seem to matter which way the AC adapter is plugged in for me.
Yeah the speakers are small and placing them on the bottom was problably not the best choice. Volume controls of some sort would have been better. Headphones are the best way to go. The hold works fine when playing music. A lock appears on the screen.
I wonder if the plastic cover can come off. It would make the buttons stick out a little further.
Not the best menu translations but it only takes a minute or two to figure it out. Pretty similar to the JXD.

'quartercast' said:
@A600
Exactly the same time: 7h 45m

But, right now, I couldn't care less about battery life because my Dingoo is, again, bricked and this time the rescue program doesn't work. I can run the usb-boot mode but that's all so, for the time being, I'm done with the Dingoo :D

'A600' said:
'quartercast' said:
@A600

But, right now, I couldn't care less about battery life because my Dingoo is, again, bricked and this time the rescue program doesn't work. I can run the usb-boot mode but that's all so, for the time being, I'm done with the Dingoo :D

Get a Wiz

'Hirolaser' said:
'A600' said:
'quartercast' said:
@A600

Get a Wiz

Snap into a slim jim.
8e6c967f72497d1ae3d9b25.gif

Hi all

Over at CODE
http://a320.freeforums.org/hi-let-me-introduce-myself-t15-10.html
a Dingoo rep has popped up to answer questions. I've never heard of this happening with a China PMP manufacturer before. This is her post:

Hello every one,

Good day there!

This is Sofia from Shenzhen Dingoo Digital Product Company. Thank you all of you have so much interesting on our Dingoo A320 firstly! And , I'd like to be your friend helping you to know this item well.

Our company is really a leading manufacturer of 3D game consolers in China. I guess all of you already knew this ,right? \^_\^ Thus, I hope I can do as much as possible to lead you feel easy on A320. Also, I expect to discuss and share with all of you in order to improve my professionality.

If , any of you need to buy this for try or wholesale, it will be my greatest honor to service for you ! P.S:My email address is : sofia@dingoo888.com.

Have fun !

I would like to request any programmers who actually understand the technical details they need to port other emulators onto the A320 to ask the rep for that information.

Over at CODE
http://www.dingoo-scene.blogspot.com
Dingoo have also provided an interview, and a Market Survey is on to establish the depth of the market outside China for this product. Please come round and support my "cunning plan" to give this product and it's support some momentum.

Thanks all
Larry

Edited links for workingness - Chip

Back