Gemei A320

Hi Mod, Is it o.k to link to working roms on rapidshare??? Is it ok to put a link to a webpage ??
If not pls delete this post.

ilhan has created a new converter mod. This allow to convert and add list of different romsets to converter.
Here is some roms ready made (usually not supported by official converter). this include metal slug 3,5, SVC vs SF.

anyway the link can be found on <link removed>

Sorry, no links to ROMs - Chip

'gadgetmiser' said:
Over at CODE
http://www.dingoo-scene.blogspot.com
Dingoo have also provided an interview, and a Market Survey is on to establish the depth of the market outside China for this product. Please come round and support my "cunning plan" to give this product and it's support some momentum.

Thanks all
Larry
i voted to say i would buy one if it is supported for the foreseeable future. i will probably buy one as soon as theyre back in stock at dealextreme, but id like them to know that they shouldnt just disappear into the ether and return a year later with a new gadget without providing support for their current ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have agreed a deal with dingoo now and have ordered a larger batch - I'm going to open every unit and test it to get an idea of the QC on these.

I think we will have to follow a GP32/2X routine and test each one for a while, but I see good things for the future of this little machine.

We also have to make sure nothing in the firmware is copyrighted.

Got mine today. I figure I'll add my impressions.

Physical build quality is excellent, one of the best handhelds I've used thus far. The buttons sort of feel like Altoids. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Yes, imagine pressing Altoids as buttons and you'll get a general idea for the feel. The buttons do not feel mushy at all either. Another plus.

Sound quality is pretty decent as well, better in comparison to a few audio players I've tried.

Emulators:
GBA: Best of the set so far, still has hiccups on certain games, such as Mario Golf. Metroid Zero Mission works great though.

Neo Geo: Runs at about 80% - 95% speed depending on the game.

CPS1/CPS2: Tolerable, but like the rest, could definitely use improvement.

NES: It runs great. Are you really surprised? Castlevania III hiccups though.

SNES/Genesis: Hahahahahahaha.

Nothing that hasn't already been said.

A few minor quirks I've noticed.
The Y button problem, yeah, it's in pretty much all the emulators. I've remapped to X and A in the meantime.

One that hasn't been posted though, and maybe it's just happening with me. Unless you unmount it using 'safely remove hardware' it will not fully unmount, leaving the device in a 'USB Mode' state until you hard reset the unit using the little reset hole. Pain in the ass. Even with the safe method above, it likes to hang at times. Definitely needs to be addressed.

Sorry for the formatting or run-ons. Quick and dirty post.

Quick Clarify: There are two methods I know of off the top of my head to unmounting USB devices. One is 'safely remove hardware' the other is to right click said drive and go to 'unmount / eject' or whatever. I usually use the method from my computer. This is what causes the device to hang.

'gibberish' said:
auritribe, is there a game gear or mastersystem emulator for it? if so how does it play?

ta
Sadly, no. You can use a SMS emulator through the GBA emulator if you want. But that is kind of ridiculous

ah well. i was just wondering whether to get one for my gf since she found her game gear and games the other week but the actual console is broken :(
maybe someone will code one sometime.

'gibberish' said:
ah well. i was just wondering whether to get one for my gf since she found her game gear and games the other week but the actual console is broken :(
maybe someone will code one sometime.
The device needs time to mature. The hardware is excellent, but the various quirks the device has make it unfit to be a gift for the non gadget enthusiast.

That said...the gba-gamegear method probably isnt a bad one.

Id love to see this device grow...most of the faults it has are software based and it will shine if it develops a good community.

'craigix' said:
We also have to make sure nothing in the firmware is copyrighted.
AFAIK, the only copyrighted file included with the firmware is the NEO-GEO bios and, maybe, the Jungletac games ->

CODE
http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-those-included-interesting-games.html

Yes the oppo G11 is out but its expensive and I've not seen any review of emulators. So far there are not much available outside Asia. I was waiting for it to come out in the 2009 Q1.

Its very easy to put a new firmware onto the dingoo, put the HXF file onto the root directory, press the key combo so its finds the firmware and it will upgrade automatically.

'ardkor' said:
Yes the oppo G11 is out but its expensive and I've not seen any review of emulators. So far there are not much available outside Asia. I was waiting for it to come out in the 2009 Q1.

Its very easy to put a new firmware onto the dingoo, put the HXF file onto the root directory, press the key combo so its finds the firmware and it will upgrade automatically.
OK, cool. Has the firmware improved the performance of the Gemei 320? Emulators, video playbeck and etc.? What's the pricetag on the Oppo G11 and are there websites selling it?

Regards

André

'fettouhi' said:
OK, cool. Has the firmware improved the performance of the Gemei 320? Emulators, video playbeck and etc.? What's the pricetag on the Oppo G11 and are there websites selling it?

Regards

André
Its got fully choice video playbeck bro <_<

'quartercast' said:
'fettouhi' said:

Regards

André
Its got fully choice video playbeck bro <_<

Yeah, but has the newer firmware improved anything? Has anybody been able to find where to buy Oppo G11?

Regards

André

How's this thing as an MP3 player? Can you switch off the screen, lock the buttons, etc when you're playing music? and will 16GB cards work?

I guess only 8 GB will work I don't know where did I read it but I did :p :p

The screen turns off after a set amount of time (configurable in the menu) and the power switch functions as a hold button if you slide it the other way.

Best of all, it plays FLACs out of the box. :)

Hmm, this looks pretty nice as a mini-emu system. I like the FM radio too, that actually appeals to me.

If they get that Y/B issue sorted out (I know that would drive me nuts) and devs start taking an interest, maybe I'll get one. The price is certainly attractive in this day and age.

QUESTION: some people seem to like the screen, others don't. What is it like? Can you compare it to any other devices? Better or worse than DS Lite?

Back