Getting folder contents slow after applying hotfix 4

sverm

I wasn't sure if my Pandora already had Hotfix 4, so i went ahead and gave it a go anyway. Everything went well, and it rebooted at the end. After it came back, i noticed that whenever I go into a subfolder off the root (either of the file system itself, or the SD card), it takes about 10-15 seconds to populate the contents of that folder. I can see the root OK, i.e. I can see that my SD card contains a subfolder called "pandora", but when I go into the pandora folder, I get a watch cursor for an abnormally long time, even if there are only 4 folders in /<sd card>/pandora/.

It happens with NAND folders too (e.g. /etc/), so it's not just my SD card. And it only started after I applied Hotfix 4.

Any suggestions? Is there a cache I can flush somewhere? What's the checkdisk command? fsck? Does that need any recommended switches?

I think I might have answered my own question, but that didn't seem to solve the issue. I went into my home directory, under Applications/Cache and renamed the folder Thunar to Thunar.old. Likewise, I went into Applications/Settings and renamed the Thunar folder there too and then rebooted. My /<sd card>/pandora menu came up fast, but /<home folder>/Applications did not. It took about 10 seconds to enumerate the first time.

Back