Glass Screen Is Too Thick!

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Website
Visit site
I just got around to putting in my new glass screen which I purchased from www.gp32z.com 's ebay sales. When I put it in the grey top piece (which says game park) stuck out A LOT. I tried moving it to see if it wasn't fit in correctly but it was. Then I took out the glass and compared it to my old screen. The glass screen was at least twice as thick as my old plastic screen. Is this usually the case with these new glass screens or did I get a faulty one? ANd if they are usually that thick, how on earth do you get them to fit in right without having the gray top piece sticking out way to far?
Thanks
Ben

(oh, by the way, I just sent an e-mail to gp32z about this also)

The glass screen is larger then the original, you will need some double tape to place on the side of the grey piece. Try looking at my tutorial www.gp32z.com/tutorial.html

So i'm just supposed to leave the grey piece sticking way out of my GP32?

Edit: Is there a way to cut the grey piece so that the glass screen will fit better?

The glass screens have to be at least twice as thick as the plastic ones to prevent them from cracking in shipment, or being otherwise easily breakable. I ordered a glass screen from GP32z, and I am very happy with the purchase. And come on, it doesn't stick that far out. The clarity you get from a glass screen far outweighs any sticking-out of the grey border. And the tape was just to hold it in tight (I didn't even use double-sided tape, I folded a loop of regular tape) don't expect it to magically make the glass screen thinner.

Maybe I did something wrong but when I had it in there the front part stuck out as far as the buttons, if not farther.

It sticks out farther than the buttons even with the normal plastic screen in there. It should be sticking out about a millimeter father than the buttons now, but not quite as far as the joystick.

deadlychicken22 posted on Mar 19 2005 at 11:36 PM said:
Maybe I did something wrong but when I had it in there the front part stuck out as far as the buttons, if not farther.

mine sticks out loads - get over it - dont be a wuss!

your a GP user now!

thicker glass = tougher GP

god damn it man! get a grip!

and get a bloody hair cut!

sgt sPaCe :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said farther than the buttons I was speaking relatively. It was sticking out above the plastic sorrounding it as much as the buttons are (which is quite a bit)... I'll try putting it in again it a couple minutes, maybe I was just doing it wrong

Maybe I'm just too sensitive about it... Sorry about getting all upset. I just finished spraypainting my GP32 and then I put it togethor and it looked awsome and when I put the screen in it stuck out a lot... But you're right, its way better than the plastic ones.
Sorry I got upset
ben

I made sure that little or no paint got on that bottom part. What seems to be causing it is that the glass piece won't fit in the small indentations on the bottom of the gray cover piece. Maybe its too wide or maybe I'm doing something wrong

Edit: The glass screen is just barely to big to fit into the indentations. I think the only part that won't fit is the corners so I'm going to try and scrape out the corners a little bit and see if that will work (its so close to fitting...)

deadlychicken22 posted on Mar 19 2005 at 08:02 PM said:
I made sure that little or no paint got on that bottom part. What seems to be causing it is that the glass piece won't fit in the small indentations on the bottom of the gray cover piece. Maybe its too wide or maybe I'm doing something wrong

Edit: The glass screen is just barely to big to fit into the indentations. I think the only part that won't fit is the corners so I'm going to try and scrape out the corners a little bit and see if that will work (its so close to fitting...)

Mine had the same problem. I just used a razor blade and shaved down the gray plastic a bit and then the glass fit perfect.

Well, it seems to be in fine now and it looks great! Maybe some people shouldn't rush to the conclusion that I'm just complaining about it not looking perfect.
Thanks to everyone who actually tried to help
Ben

deadlychicken22 posted on Mar 19 2006 at 6:42 PM said:
When I said farther than the buttons I was speaking relatively. It was sticking out above the plastic sorrounding it as much as the buttons are (which is quite a bit)... I'll try putting it in again it a couple minutes, maybe I was just doing it wrong

Ahh, I see. Definately way too far.

deadlychicken22 posted on Mar 19 2005 at 07:41 PM said:
Well, it seems to be in fine now and it looks great! Maybe some people shouldn't rush to the conclusion that I'm just complaining about it not looking perfect.
Thanks to everyone who actually tried to help
Ben

Well, I guess then they must not all be cut to the same size.... or I'm just lucky I got one that already fit :D . Congrats on figuring that out in spite of people like me.

Back