Global Components did it again :)

@Raven, two more months...

...and it will have been a full four years.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting rather miffed that there's already upgraded versions out in the wild and I haven't got my original model yet.

I think it's safe to say that I'll be defecating bricks if a 256Mb 600Mhz unit rocks up, after the unending torrent of bovine effluent we've been fed over the years.

I paid AU$500 for my unit. plus extra for a TV-out cable. ಠ_

Last edited by a moderator:
@Raven, two more months...

...and it will have been a full four years.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting rather miffed that there's already upgraded versions out in the wild and I haven't got my original model yet.

I think it's safe to say that I'll be defecating bricks if a 256Mb 600Mhz unit rocks up, after the unending torrent of bovine effluent we've been fed over the years.

I paid AU$500 for my unit. plus extra for a TV-out cable. ಠ_

Burito,

There was always a chance we got nothing. Surely you accepted that possibility?

This is what gets me too.

I am really bitter about this whole experience now.

It feels like we are being punished for believing in the project all those years ago.

I doubt that I will do something that foolish again!

guys, you have to remember, with those original preorders, we wouldn't even have any pandoras. the project wouldn't have gone anywhere

plus, if you feel like you want to blame someone, blame circuit co.

Two easy options for you:

*) get a refund, walk away, buy something nice for the money, be happy you were part of something that finally produced something, if not for you

*) upgrad, perhaps even to a 1GHz unit, pay more but get something better than you originally paid for, still be happy

Two easy options for you:

*) get a refund, walk away, buy something nice for the money, be happy you were part of something that finally produced something, if not for you

*) upgrad, perhaps even to a 1GHz unit, pay more but get something better than you originally paid for, still be happy

Not that I'd ever do this (GH unit "owner" here), but couldn't you get the refund and then put another order in for the current full price and get it very quickly? You'd pay more but be on the current list (and one less on the preorder list).

I'm speaking as a batch1 pre-order guy myself, but 1ghz unit was just what I was looking for!

You don't even have to get the refund and put in a new order, you can just pay the difference and get a (600MHz) Pandora instantly.

Ah even better, I was on that list before I went for the GH unit. We all know the waiting sucks, and it seems silly that an original pre-order is still waiting while someone leaving gamescon can pick up a new unit almost immediately, but we all know the score. So either wait for the funds for the project to afford to give you one or add the money immediately to get one now.

This has been done to death, but... The current situation sucks for the original preorderers, but it's the best(and only) system we have, other than OP just saying "Fuck it" and just stopping the whole thing.

I'm hoping that the buzz generated at the GamesCom will get lots of new orders in which will advance the original preorder queue and hopefully clear it!

Also those patiantly waiting - you paid for a 256MB unit and you will end up with a 512MB unit with a GPU with a couple of bugfixes. You can pay the difference if you have the money and can't bare wating any longer or you can even upgrade to a 1GHz unit.

It would be nice to have some idea of my queue position, and what position is currently being shipped, but I've given up any hope that will ever happen.

Part of me suspects a deliberate attempt to not disclose this information because if people saw how close they were to getting one, they wouldn't upgrade to premium or 1Ghz, and if they saw how far away they were and how slow it was going, they would cancel.

I think sales of 1ghz pandoras should increase after all the exposure at gamescom.the sales will fund more preorders so hopefully ye will get your pandoras sooner.

I am glad to hear some progress is being made. I understand that you are funding old orders with new, but being an original 10/1/2008 preorder I am really starting to wonder how many people can possibly be in front of me. Is there some way to get my position in the queue? I have emailed openpandorasales@gmail.com many times asking for any kind of confirmation that I have not been somehow forgotten or passed over, but I never get any response. Is there a better address? My birthday is coming up (again) one month from now. If I do not hear something by then I think I am finally going to try to cancel and cut my losses.

I don't think Craig is into 10/2008 yet, but I guess he should be soon. ED is shipping pre-orders from 3/2009 or later already.

635€ preorder + upgrade is quite expensive for me. I really do like this projet and I support it as much as I can, but that to much money so I just have to sit and wait for my little 600mhz Pandy

You don't even have to get the refund and put in a new order, you can just pay the difference and get a (600MHz) Pandora instantly.

No you can't if you ordered through Craig. There is a premium queue where people have been waiting months now.

If you want it fastest you have to get the premuim-premium 1ghz version.

Why does is the 1ghz one now so expensive (666€)

(Is it because the extras mentiont at twitter by craig (64gb sd card(s?) And extra battery or is it some different reason?

Why does is the 1ghz one now so expensive (666€)

(Is it because the extras mentiont at twitter by craig (64gb sd card(s?) And extra battery or is it some different reason?
Initial run was of only 150. But many of those broke during manufacturing. In addition, some of the extra moeny earned from the 1Ghz go towards shipping out old sales.

Did TV out ever happen? I'd gladly get another Pandora if it had TV out support either built-in or with readily available cables.

You can find sub $100 dollar Android sticks with HDMI out so the Pandora feature set seems less compelling than it did a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

I preorded a pandora a while back but cancelled it, since then I haven't really been following the project. However, I am still interested, I want to know (roughly) how long it would take for me to recieve a pandora if I ordered one now?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Back