Pyra Golang on Pyra? [tl;dr = Yep]

Yori

Hi, how was your day?
So I have been playing around in golang quite a bit and have been enjoying it.

I have an idea for personal app for the Pyra when it comes out and I want to do it in go.

So my question is will I be able to compile golang code to the pyra on the pyra or transcompile it on my PC?

(I'm going to bed after this post, so don't expect replys until tomorrow|-))

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
If the Go compiler from GCC is enough, then yeah, no problem (it's even available on the Pandora). I haven't checked for other compiler.

Yori

Hi, how was your day?
If the Go compiler from GCC is enough, then yeah, no problem (it's even available on the Pandora). I haven't checked for other compiler.
I did some googling and found out that people could put Go (bootstrapped/ original) onto a Raspberry-pi so, I'm guessing a Pyra port will be trivial.
Correct me if I'm wrong and am overlooking something.

I also found information on the github Wiki but I have no idea anything about the different Arm versions or what 'EABI' is so someone smarter should look at it!
https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/GoArm
[doublepost=1523542188,1523541722][/doublepost]GCC go is good for final product compilation but I like the Go compiler more because its faster at compiling and is great when doing rapid iteration & creates binary with better multi threading (last time I checked).

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
I did some googling and found out that people could put Go (bootstrapped/ original) onto a Raspberry-pi so, I'm guessing a Pyra port will be trivial.
Correct me if I'm wrong and am overlooking something.

I also found information on the github Wiki but I have no idea anything about the different Arm versions or what 'EABI' is so someone smarter should look at it!
https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/GoArm
[doublepost=1523542188,1523541722][/doublepost]GCC go is good for final product compilation but I like the Go compiler more because its faster at compiling and is great when doing rapid iteration & creates binary with better multi threading (last time I checked).
If there a PI (2) version of it, then it will run on the Pyra, it's the same ABI (and beeing a compiler, there is not specific RPI stuff in the way).

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Last edited: