Goobye Everyone!

___

Advanced Member
Okay, I want to announce, that I will go on a journey for about roughly a year all throughout Europe and maybe wherever I get the chance to hitchhike to.
My route (roughly, I am spontaneous ^^) will be:
The Netherlands (Amsterdam is the first stop, I will arrive there tommorrow morning)...
France, where I will be working on farms and wherever I can get a job. I will definately be in Paris to visit some freinds.
Spain... I wanna see the greater cities and maybe travel to Marocco for a week only by ferry.
Southern France.
Italy... to see some of the smaller villages, maybe stop by in Rome. Then I will take a ferry and go to:
Greece... I need to see Thessaloniki and visit friends there, also Athens (just because)
Turky... I would really like to travel there and see some of the greater cities.

Whoever knows where I can work to earn some money to travel on, get shelter (I will sleep everywhere, shacks, houses of friends, squats, cheap hostels, camping grounds, illegally camp anywhere...) give me a shout! If anyone lives anywhere I might travel to, tell me so and I will visit you!!! W00t! I have got a friend of mine with me but we will eventually part and travel on our own a few times. She has about the same tour planned as me.

Of course I will have my precious gp2x with me, and if I can I will take pictures in every place where there is something like a well known landmark of me and my gp2x :D
Yeah... opensource the Eiffel tower!!! Or maybe the tower of Pisa? Who knows.

I will check back for new software and news in internet cafes whenever I get a chance to and update everyone with where I am. Adventure... HERE I COME!!!

Good for you, I WISH I could do what you're doing. perhaps when I get older and have some time/money :(

Have fun, it's quite a cultural experience you're sure to get!

Just dont forget about little ol gp32x :p

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 7 2006 at 08:52 AM said:
Good for you, I WISH I could do what you're doing. perhaps when I get older and have some time/money :(

Me too. Damn the Atlantic for getting in the way! Of course, I don't even have the money to travel across the country I'm in now. :(

Best wishes though xnopasaranx! Sounds like an awesome trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW: I might come to Alberta some day too... I stayed near Edmonton for a year... St. Albert! When I visit my host-family someday, maybe we can meet up at west-ed and have a beer or two at hooter`s ^^...

Damnit, my train goes in an 1 1/2 hours and I am trying to get my mp3 player stuffed with music. If the damn thing would only transfer a little faster!

When I read the thread title I was 90% sure you joined the army and you were being sent off. :D I plan to do a similar thing at some point in my life, travel all over Europe I mean.

Have fun and take care of yourself!

- Alex

yea man, have a good time.
you really wont regret it, it will be a great experience!
im so jealous :angry:

fluffyhamster posted on Oct 7 2006 at 12:30 PM said:
Hitchhiking is pretty much outlawed in the U.S.A :(
So being homeless is illegal? Silly laws.

- Alex

Good luck, I'm still on the road after a year and 4 months! Currently on west coast of US before heading back down under :)

If you get stuck I totally recommend Thorn tree for information on travel and where you're going etc..

xnopasaranx posted on Oct 7 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
Okay, I want to announce, that I will go on a journey for about roughly a year all throughout Europe and maybe wherever I get the chance to hitchhike to.
The Netherlands (Amsterdam is the first stop, I will arrive there tommorrow morning)...
France, where I will be working on farms and wherever I can get a job. I will definately be in Paris to visit some freinds.
Spain... I wanna see the greater cities and maybe travel to Marocco for a week only by ferry.
Southern France.
Italy... to see some of the smaller villages, maybe stop by in Rome. Then I will take a ferry and go to:
Greece... I need to see Thessaloniki and visit friends there, also Athens (just because)
Turky... I would really like to travel there and see some of the greater cities.

Whoever knows where I can work to earn some money to travel on, get shelter (I will sleep everywhere, shacks, houses of friends, squats, cheap hostels, camping grounds, illegally camp anywhere...) give me a shout! If anyone lives anywhere I might travel to, tell me so and I will visit you!!! W00t! I have got a friend of mine with me but we will eventually part and travel on our own a few times. She has about the same tour planned as me.

Of course I will have my precious gp2x with me, and if I can I will take pictures in every place where there is something like a well known landmark of me and my gp2x :D

I will check back for new software and news in internet cafes whenever I get a chance to and update everyone with where I am. Adventure... HERE I COME!!!
Should of come to England, you could have insulted me in person!

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 7 2006 at 01:06 PM said:
fluffyhamster posted on Oct 7 2006 at 12:30 PM said:
Hitchhiking is pretty much outlawed in the U.S.A :(
;)
Lol :lol:

- Alex

xnopasaranx posted on Oct 7 2006 at 10:47 AM said:
Southern France.

I wish I could do what your doing. Biking across europe and whatnot...ah... That's the life... Remember to bring the mace and a brick. For rapists and serial killers.

Back