Got Pc Manager To Work

zeldarocks

I finally got it to work, thanks to the discussion forums on Facebook; Go to to the PC Manager install directory and find 'NetsyncBrowser3.5.ini', open it with Notepad and change the URL= string from "URL=http://support.netsync.co.kr/@LiveUpdate/NB3.5/GPH_MTP/Release/" to "URL=127.0.0.1" Then launch the Manager...

Where is the program? It doesn't seem to be under "program files" on my machine :S

Hmm, i found it under "Application Data" ... weird...

@u9i: It should be in your Application Data folder.

@zeldarocks: You can't register your Wiz/Caanoo using that approach though. It just makes the app start up.

Speaking of which, does Caanoo have a website you can download the PC Manager from? Or, would someone mind uploading the installer somewhere? This sounds a bit absurd, but, I seem to have lost the disc already!

Well I got the PC Manager working, but I see no visible way in the program to register my Caanoo, as the website demands...

Edit: Wooooow....trying to download the free version of Rythmos and it does it through this nasty Java based program, defaulting to C:/GP2X.
And it's not working. Wait, it is, slowly...
Well shit, it's a 162mb game and after a couple of minutes I've barely done 2mb, that's terrible.

BlackPowderDoc said:
Ah, thanks. For some reason Googling "Caanoo PC Manager" didn't bring this site up at all :eek:

That is probably because they almost only use images on their websites. Search engines cant find shit when it is done that way :) Very strange culture down there.

Last edited by a moderator:
u9i said:
BlackPowderDoc said:
Ah, thanks. For some reason Googling "Caanoo PC Manager" didn't bring this site up at all :eek:

That is probably because they almost only use images on their websites. Search engines cant find shit when it is done that way :) Very strange culture down there.
Heh, I've seen plenty of the images on the English site using Korean placeholder text...
GPH really need to hire some actual English people to deal with the english FunGP site, else there's going to be so many problems.

...6mb, still waiting, sheesh.

The free Rhythmos doesn't work anyways. I downloaded it earlier, put it on manually (no PC manager), and after it got past the loading screen it froze up. I've had the same problem with some games on the NeoGeo emulator, too. They just crash upon loading.

I think Rhythmos is supposed to crash if it doesn't accept the DRM, which is why you need the PC Manager.
But for love of it I can't figure out how to register my device.

RupeeClock said:
Well I got the PC Manager working, but I see no visible way in the program to register my Caanoo, as the website demands...

Edit: Wooooow....trying to download the free version of Rythmos and it does it through this nasty Java based program, defaulting to C:/GP2X.
And it's not working. Wait, it is, slowly...
Well shit, it's a 162mb game and after a couple of minutes I've barely done 2mb, that's terrible.

Well it IS a website based in korea....

Just installed PC Manager on my desktop, also got the res???.dll error earlier reported here, but after trying to start up the application, it actually started up!
It asked for my login data, i can configure to set it's download directory to whatever i want, and everything seems to work.

Except, it doesn't detect my GP2X Wiz, which might be normal, given it's targeted for the Caanoo, i should get mine tomorrow, and i'll keep you fellas informed, if it works, i'll list the applications i have installed on this VM

obviously they're trying to push the caanoo, but it should recognize a wiz. there are both wiz and caanoo versions of the games. it's not going to do anybody any good buying a wiz game if only a caanoo will work with pc manager

Sofar i can't get it to detect the Wiz, if someone does, let me know. As for downloading from FunGP, it seems nigh impossible to actually download a damned thing from their servers, and that java applet doesn't work nicely with Firefox

Interestingly enough, the URL it is trying to connect to is effectively dead. Maybe they are having server issues?

Anyway, I found another version of NetSyncBrowser3.5: _http://www.inka.co.kr/_temp_/NetsyncBrowser3.5.exe

This might open some opportunities. Looks like the browser was specifically built for DRM. This one did not crash with the same errors and it did install the missing Visual C++ 2008 run-time missing from the alternative package.

Its possible that installing this version first, before the actual fungp version may resolve the issue. I'm testing it out on an XP vm right now. I tested the original package on both Win7 and XP, same issue. If you want to see a great error message, try running the PC Manager with your internet disabled.

It also added something called MediaShare - but it did not fix the run-issue. It does not save an .INI with this version 3.5. However it did enable Auto-Updates (also doesn't work)~43mb of files.

I went ahead and emailed the adminstrator at _http://support.netsync.co.kr/ about the outage as well as opened a ticket with FunGP. Hopefully the two groups can figure it out :p

On a side note, the install.res.????.dll:

install.res.1028.dll install.res.1031.dll install.res.1033.dll, etc are all part of the Visual C++ 2008 run-time installer. Chances are this dll is just an extension of the run-time. You can install the run-time on its own, it still will not work (meaning the DLL isnt the cause I suspect).

... last update worth noting, the second program is referencing: http://support.netsync.co.kr/@LiveUpdate/NB3.5/EDU/Release/. The page has the same error as the other when viewed via browser. Maybe it isnt the URL. Whenever I connect my NAND it says 'Device use first register" or something along those lines. Its detecting it as connected initially, but it wont register and disconnect itself :p

Well that sucks, i received my Caanoo, but now that i try to start that PC Manager disaster it doesn't actually start anymore :p

Back