GP2X Shop Logo-Artist wanted :)

gp2x_shop2--i--.png

scales well :) :

gp2x_shop2-tiny.png (70*20px)

might go down to 15*50 with a little pixel-tweaking...

Can be used as background in the spirit of 'brand everything except the cat' ^_^

gp2x_shop2--i--bg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How legal is your shop's name ED? You have a GPH device name as your shop's name, does that mean you were an official division of GPH at one point?

EDIT: Additionally, any large company would probably assert that in order to maintain the integrity of the "GP2X" brand you would need to use the original logotype.

Given that GPH seems to be defunct, I guess those branding rights would be a bit of a grey area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that the trademark is probably not maintained anymore, I don't see why it can't be used for the online shop, (not that I know much about legal wranglings)

Looks a bit too colorful... like the 90s GIF-time :)

Here are also some quickies from me (using some free fonts). I tried to pick up your ideas and wishes and kept it clean and reduced but with some small hints (like the pixels). I just feel a bit unlucky about the d-pad, it should more look like a classic gameboy d-pad - but for an early stage it's OK.

I love the downmost-right one (the one where the X is the DPad) :)

That's a very good start :)

Maybe a bit more color, but it's neat :)

Originally I wanted to continue with the logo earlier, but I will not get back before the weekend...

As promised, the enhanced version with an idea of a bit more color... and a new logo with a lot of more color.

But the question about the shop's name legality is a good one...

gp2.jpg

As promised, the enhanced version with an idea of a bit more color... and a new logo with a lot of more color.

But the question about the shop's name legality is a good one...

I think the two on the left there are the best:

---

Would be nice to hear from ed about the more recent posts here...

For those who want to take a quick look:

http://newshop.gp2x.de (don't give out the link yet).

It's still a work in progress :)

I'll update the logo with the latest version of textures pics soon - they look really great :)

Nice! much cleaner, crisper and more modern.

Yep, and it'll also make things easier for me (i.e. exports CSV files for DHL and UPS Shipping labels, etc.) so handling 50+ orders per day will be WAY more easy :)

And it'll have an RMA / return ticket system included, so my eMail accounts don't need to be cluttered with that but my personal can handle this :)

And it has a CMS built-in, so I can include information and instructions for the Everdrives, etc.

Everything on one place :)

The only problem I see with 3rd party CMS like this are generic exploits, but I guess it's ok if you update often enough.

The only problem I see with 3rd party CMS like this are generic exploits, but I guess it's ok if you update often enough.

These can often be trivially defeated by renaming the standard folders used to store the CMS core files. Security through obscurity!

These can often be trivially defeated by renaming the standard folders used to store the CMS core files. Security through obscurity!

True, that's what I always do.

Also, I'm using a lot of custom-created modules, specially coded for the shop, so it shouldn't be that hard.

I was using osCommerce before, also a standard system :)

Looks very nice, but what is the deal with those Samsung adds? They make the page too wide (I'm browsing on my Pandora)...

... oh, and I agree with Binky that "no hacking" is confusing - many of us do a lot of hacking on their Pandora :) Perhaps you mean "No jailbreaking needed" or something like that.

I would also rephrase "Android or Linux" to "GNU/Linux and Android" and add something like "incredible battery life".

Those smartphone ads are still a leftover from the sample data of the shop ;)

No texts and pics or items are finished yet. The functionality has just been set up, these were just some tests, as mentioned above.

This is no shop yet, it's a WIP with only the technical stuff finished.

I love the grey looks, I think it is always best to use grey and leave the colors to the products itself.

It is a great layout. :)

Logo could be bolder, I´m not sure about its colors either.

May have a go on it later but can´t promisse.

I´m no typography guy and pretty much suck on text design, but well...

Back