Gp2X Wiz Is Defective Do Not Buy

helkid

Still Fresh
I bought my Wiz about a year ago it wasnt the first batch maybe towards middle of the year and after about 6 months of use
the unit started developing black pixels all over the screen until it was basically unplayable.

This is not an isolated incident because I know another person who's Wiz did the same thing.

Sorry but I will never buy a GP2H product again.

I'm sure there will be doubters who try to make excuses I can only say you have been warned.

helkid said:
I bought my Wiz about a year ago it wasnt the first batch maybe towards middle of the year and after about 6 months of use
the unit started developing black pixels all over the screen until it was basically unplayable.

This is not an isolated incident because I know another person who's Wiz did the same thing.

Sorry but I will never buy a GP2H product again.

I'm sure there will be doubters who try to make excuses I can only say you have been warned.

If it was only 6 months old when the screen started dying, you should have just sent it back to be repaired/replaced under warranty. You could have been playing on your Wiz right now, instead of registering just to tell us this tale of woe :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only had my wiz a short while but so far I have been impressed. I have had several of the newer consoles break on me. I have a psp I have hardly used that flips off if not plugged to power outlet. My first Wii broke after 5 months. My first xbox 360s dvd drive broke on it. However my NES that I bought back in 1989 worked until 2005. ( I used it alot growing up)

Helkid, there are quite a few stories here about black pixels. It is a real problem, and i am worried if/when it will happen to mine. You should have returned it under warranty though. This is exactly what a warranty is for. Maybe it is not too late yet? Contact the dealer you bought it from and ask.

/Uni

The Wiz OLED screen has lifetime warranty. Black pixels cases occurs, but they are a small percentage compared with all the units. They are caused because the screen seal is breaked by any reason. You must to write to the shop or the A/S Center in Europe (as-europe@gp2x.com). I think GPH changed the screen in Caanoo for this too.

Hardyx, I wrote the A/S center and no, the screen does not have lifetime warranty. In fact, it has a year long warranty and after that they charge you 60€ or so for fixing it.

Back