Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

I´m having problems with Audiorace too. I run it and the screen goes black and then returns to the menu. I have try with different gl files, following the readme instructions , but no one works. I´m using fw 1.2.1.

Sorry for my poor english.

seems i need to upgrade to fw 1.2.1 - stupid GPH changing so much in the firmware that they are no more backwards compatible. :angry:

glezmen said:
crow_riot: yes, FW 1.2.1 here too, so it seems to be the problem

ok thx. i hoped that it would be enough to use opengles libs from this firmware... but... :(

*edit*
did anyone have problems with upgrading to 1.2.1 ? i don't want to brick my wiz with upgrading (that's the reason why i didn't upgrade yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
crow_riot said:
did anyone have problems with upgrading to 1.2.1 ? i don't want to brick my wiz with upgrading (that's the reason why i didn't upgrade yet)

AFAIK no (for me it worked with no problems)

I posted in the other thread about this, crow_riot, as my entry, a port of rRootage, is only compatible with version 1.2.1 I think. My game supports both rotated and non-rotated play so I used two different custom libwizGLES.so libraries to accomplish this.

I just looked in the Audiorace archive but I see this file nowhere, so I am surprised. I was going to try my versions of this (a library from Pickle) in place of the existing ones but now I realize you must have used another library.

As for the person asking about upgrading to FW v1.2.1: I did it without any problems but I think it took two tries IIRC. Some people have to try up to 3 different SD cards sometimes.

Senor Quack said:
I posted in the other thread about this, crow_riot, as my entry, a port of rRootage, is only compatible with version 1.2.1 I think. My game supports both rotated and non-rotated play so I used two different custom libwizGLES.so libraries to accomplish this.

I just looked in the Audiorace archive but I see this file nowhere, so I am surprised. I was going to try my versions of this (a library from Pickle) in place of the existing ones but now I realize you must have used another library.

As for the person asking about upgrading to FW v1.2.1: I did it without any problems but I think it took two tries IIRC. Some people have to try up to 3 different SD cards sometimes.

so i'm on FW 1.2.1 now, too. it upgraded without any problems. now i keep that firmware on my SD ;)

i'd like to thank you a ton, because one of your libWIZGLES libs works with my game and thus the game is FW 1.2.1 compatible (and potentially fw 1.1.0, too).

for all interested (iorgy77 & judges especially), i've uploaded the firmware 1.2.1 tested version to my site, grab it here: http://crow.riot.org/wiz/audiorace-PACC-060410.rar

to be sure, i've just downloaded this version by myself - and it gladfully started.

crow_riot said:
to be sure, i've just downloaded this version by myself - and it gladfully started.

Cool, now I can try it out :)

To any judges not able to upgrade to the latest Wiz firmware v1.2.1 so they can run rRootage for Wiz: Crow_riot was nice enough to point out that if you copy the file libglport.so.0 from the audiorace/ folder to the rRootage_wiz_10/ folder it will then be compatible with older firmwares. Apparently GPH only included this important file after firmware v1.2.1 and it is missing from prior firmwares.

Hi,

Some random thoughts about the GP2X entries:

Cat Trap reminds me of a game I used to play on Windows 3.1 when I was a kid :)
Nether Dimensional Runner has impressive graphics !
Tower of Gowno looks promising
Snails don't seem to run on my F200 with Open2X :(
How to make stars is way too slow without OC...
Journey to the center of the Earth has some impressive graphics too !
Chopper Attack is OK but its music sounds like the dance band Ace of base in the 90's ;)
Adament Armor Affection II is a nice tech demo !

Bye, thanks to all the contestants for their hard work, and good luck for the competition !

Magic Sam

EDIT: removed personal ratings, and KETM works fine with Open2X ;)

Hi
i have compiled KETM with GPH toolchain..i don't know if it works on Open2X sorry..

Tested with my F200 (firm 4.1.1 GPH) and works nice.

I didn't have tested all the GP2X app but i will do in next few hours..

Thank you !!

Farox said:
Hi
i have compiled KETM with GPH toolchain..i don't know if it works on Open2X sorry..

Tested with my F200 (firm 4.1.1 GPH) and works nice.

I didn't have tested all the GP2X app but i will do in next few hours..

Thank you !!

I launched your game using the console so I could see errors and found out what the problem is: You assumed that everyone would install the game onto their SD cards in the game/ folder which is not good, you should use relative paths for your files internally, with ./ as the base folder not /mnt/sd/game/

Your game works fine under Open2X if you place it in the game/ folder, in fact it is playing now. So, it's not an Open2X-specific problem. Nice game BTW.

Thank you so much Senor Quack..for checking.. :)
In fact i have done it in a hurry and forgot to change it..

Anyway is on Readme also how correctly install the game... :p

Nice to see that it work, if placed in correct dir, also in Open2X firmware..

Orion4874 said:
Has anyone tried Undead Delivery Service? It just exits back to the main menu when I try to run it. Running FW 1.2.1 btw.
Yep. Just quits back to the main menu. Same FW.

Any chance you can try running it from Termula? I wonder if there is a missing library. I just put the game on a bran new WiZ fresh out of the box and it ran fine.

EDIT:
I figured out whats wrong. The game directory has to be on the root of your sd card. If you just extracted it as is then the directory structure is one level too deep. So it should look like

/undead.delivery.service

Instead of

/xtereco_Undead_Delivery_Service_WIZ/undead.delivery.service

u9i said:
Hey Guys, I don't think we should start rating the games until the judges are done. Anyone agree?

+1

Hi,

u9i said:
Hey Guys, I don't think we should start rating the games until the judges are done. Anyone agree?

I agree, and I have edited my post :)

Bye, Magic Sam

The only entry I can test is vAtari as I've no wiz or gp2x and I'm not on Dingux yet either..

Great work Slaanesh!! This completes the gp32s emulator line-up for me :D I haven't seen anything run less than perfectly!

The other entries all look great too, a very high standard considering the shortish time span of the compo!

Back