GP32X Needs You!

if you vote for torpor, all your wildest dreams will come true huh?

I vote Atomicthumbs despite his aversion to the word first.

WizardStan has opinions and Mali strong opinions. I let you figure out what I mean as I'm none to sure myself.

If I knew what a mod does I may consider the role. Despite being a GP2X owner, I only have eyes for the Pandora.

Idea: Collect the nominees and then have a poll. I like polls.

You know, Nova didn't actually call for a vote here. Request or nominate the position, yes. There's actually a difference. This isn't an election (as far as we know).

Well, you know how the good people of gp32x.de adore polls. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur with the nomination of WizardStan, and I also nominate Exophase. I don't always agree with him, but he tends to stay calm and rational.

Tom` said:
I concur with the nomination of WizardStan, and I also nominate Exophase. I don't always agree with him, but he tends to stay calm and rational.

You're insane ;p Flattered, though.

Exophase said:
Tom` said:

You're insane ;p Flattered, though.
I half-hoped that would be your reaction, since I want you to maximize the time spent writing code. I still think you'd make a good mod, though. :p

Everyone knows I don't actually write code anymore!

Or possibly never did. I remember there was this one guy who has a really deep seated personal resentment of some sort against me. When I ended up performing a substantial rewrite of the major program the community we were in was centered around he instantly demanded to know who really did it.

Objectively speaking I don't think I'd make unreasonable decisions as a mod. If anything I might be a little reluctant to consider things worth moderating over. But one thing about being a mod is that it really helps when people like you, and when they think you're a nice guy. Can't really feel safe on a forum when that dude who comes off as a giant caustic jerk has a mod title under his username, even if he's probably going to do the right thing when push comes to shove.

Exophase said:
Objectively speaking I don't think I'd make unreasonable decisions as a mod. If anything I might be a little reluctant to consider things worth moderating over. But one thing about being a mod is that it really helps when people like you, and when they think you're a nice guy. Can't really feel safe on a forum when that dude who comes off as a giant caustic jerk has a mod title under his username, even if he's probably going to do the right thing when push comes to shove.
Exactly - which is why I nominate you, because even when I think you're totally wrong about things you never come off as a giant caustic jerk. :p

Haha, I'm not sure you've been reading much of my posts lately.

Well, back to that "coding" :C

Exophase said:
Everyone knows I don't actually write code anymore!

Objectively speaking I don't think I'd make unreasonable decisions as a mod. If anything I might be a little reluctant to consider things worth moderating over.

How come you don't write code anymore? You just have no time anymore or you got bored of it? You did some good stuff so it is kind of a shame that the Pandora that could really show it off will never get the chance (the fact that the *iPhone* has Temper but the Pandora won't is blasphemy!) .

Anyway You would be a decent mod in my opinion, although I would probably be the first you would ban as soon as I mentioned the words "blurry and filter" :p

Exophase said:
Haha, I'm not sure you've been reading much of my posts lately.

Well, back to that "coding" :C
I actually have been. :p

I completely agree with you, though. I see torpor as being deliberately inflammatory quite a bit of the time. Maybe part of it is that I also personally resent his "people should be coding more" thing, since I can't really code. I feel like I should, though, given that I'm more than halfway through a CS degree program. This gives me some personal beef with people like him and dflemstr, who go on like it's easy to attain competency in coding, and not (as has been my experience) like painting, or playing a musical instrument, something that takes years (and some degree of talent) to gain that kind of easy proficiency. Something I'm working on, I guess. :p

Back