Gpdesktop

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

Thought I would show an update of GPDesktop for GP32.

ss_bg.jpg

It either has a plain background, or can load in a PNG as the bg (as shown in screenshot). The desktop can be 320x240, or 640x480 (you can scroll around the desktop).

As you can see, the windows manager is working. The completed widgets so far are labels, textbox, button, image button and image.

To allow as many functions as possible, GPDesktop has support for four different button click types:
Single click
Double click
Long press
Click and hold (Like a double click, but hold the 2nd click)
This means (with A, B, Sel, Start, LFT and RHT) an available 24 options maximum.

What I am currently working on is text input using my TXT Grid system, and improving the font rendering (still very slow).

Cheers,
Peter

Hey this is great! I've looked at your NZ website a few times now and often wondered if you were still continuing with GpDesktop. I like it a lot.
Are you planning on adding anymore widgets? Sort of like a Visual Basic kind of thing?

Yeah, it'll have most of the widgets you are used to (dropdowns, multiselects, radio and checkboxes, scrollbars, panels etc) and some handheld specific ones (that do pop up in PC software from time to time) like dials and 9-grid menus.

At first I tried to build this as a small operating system so that devs could develop their own ELF style apps for it using an SDK that linked dynamically to functions provided by GPDesktop, but after doing a lot of research and fiddling with that stuff, I figured it was way beyond me.

The site slaanesh mentions BTW is www.gp32.co.nz and hasn't been updated in some years.

Yay! I was so looking forward to this, and then you kinda disappeared... :(

Back