Gpfce 0.4

slaanesh said:
@notaz: Is the GP2X popular in Lithuania?
Haven't seen anyone using it. Local sites don't even mention it, so I assume only several people have it here.

starpause said:
but Exit from the menu doesn't work for me, locks up the gp2x, i'm using gmenu2x ... maybe i'm doing something wrong?
Try enabling "wrapper" (or how is it called) and add this to a command line: -menu ""

Thanks for the feedback and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.
I am utterly amazed by the improvements in this release. Now I don't have to whine about the crappy key combinations that caused me to keep writing unnecessary savestates (or overwriting my own)! :D And the FDS working-- amazingly cool!

And just in time for my vacation as well, so I don't run out of stuff to do while trapped in a car for 2 days straight!

Thank you very much, Notaz!

I love the new interface, and the software scale, everything runs just great at 166mhz! B) (with the power saving program in the background, too)

I don't mean to be a turd, but there is one problem... In Super Mario Bros. (the US version, at least) I always get sent to world 0-1, which never really ends. This game worked just fine in v0.3, so I'd imagine that this is a very small fix.

Even with of that little problem, you emulator is one of the best I've ever used! Thanks alot Notaz!

rememberthe8bit said:
I don't mean to be a turd, but there is one problem... In Super Mario Bros. (the US version, at least) I always get sent to world 0-1, which never really ends. This game worked just fine in v0.3, so I'd imagine that this is a very small fix.
This is due to more accurate emulation. see here

Holy crap! Above and beyond is right! This is a tremendous release - every game I've tried works great, awesome menu, tons of features. Wow wow wow.

After testing it a lot of hours i love it :) Thank you very much NOTAZ. ;)

I only have a question:

The 3 scale modes are the same that in Picodrive.Like in Picodrive i noticed a slightly aspect ratio deformation.Is not much but the games using scale are more like a Rugby ball instead of a soccer ball.Is it posible to correct that?

Thank you for the answer.

First off, amazing work notaz! It's great to see the NES get the love and attention it deserves :)

I've come across a few small bugs during my testing (but only one is game breaking). The first is with "Akumajou Densetsu (J)". After loading a save, all the graphics become corrupted and the game becomes unplayable. I've checked it by saving at different points and downloaded two different versions of the rom, and the problem is present with all of them.

A similar thing happens with the American version ["Castlevania 3 - Dracula's Curse (U)"]; after exiting the emulator then starting it again and loading a savestate all animated objects become corrupted, but the backgrounds do not (unlike the (J) version where everything is corrupted). However, once you move into a new area all the graphics are fixed again (this doesn't happen with the (J) version).

The graphics for "Godzilla - Monster of Monsters! (E)" are also corrupted during the stages; they flash between looking normal and being a bunch of coloured letters and symbols.

One other small thing is when you activate the "Clip 8 left/right columns" option with one of the scaling options enabled, the first number of the fps counter is cut off. Perhaps you could shift the counter 8 pixels to the right when this option is enabled? Just a thought!

All in all, this is a great release! Nearly every game I've tried works perfectly at fullspeed and underclocked. So thanks again notaz!

Oh, and thanks for the custom palette support! :D

notaz said:
rememberthe8bit said:
This is due to more accurate emulation. see here

Ah! I was wondering why that was happening... Thank you very much for your quick response!

It would also make sense, as the logo has been stripped, which I've seen in the Super-Mega-Fun-Mecha-Joy NoaC things in the mall...

Notaz, what can i say other than excellant work, yet again. It would seem anything you touch that is related to emulation you just improve by an outstanding amount.

There's another donation from me heading its way to you as we speak :)

Aaaahhh this is the best! Now I only need the cradle to play with my gamepad *while* connected to the TV, I've just got the tv-out cable and the USB host cable...

Thanks for the release! It´s look very good.

One question? It seems that Mario starts in a extrange world 0-1 instead 1-1... Is it ok or is it a issue?

Malatesta said:
Thanks for the release! It´s look very good.

One question? It seems that Mario starts in a extrange world 0-1 instead 1-1... Is it ok or is it a issue?
Something is strange about the ROM... It happened in NesDS too.
Get another Mario ROM.

great job, thank you for the update. Another reason to buy the cradle.

Back