Gpfce 0.4

Wow, thanks Notaz. I made my own background if anyone's interested. It's a little more minimalist, because I swing that way.
background.png

xythen said:
I've come across a few small bugs during my testing (but only one is game breaking). The first is with "Akumajou Densetsu (J)".
[...]
A similar thing happens with the American version ["Castlevania 3 - Dracula's Curse (U)"];

Thanks for the report, I have found the bug (actually there are two of them), hopefully will fix them tomorrow after work.

xythen said:
The graphics for "Godzilla - Monster of Monsters! (E)" are also corrupted during the stages; they flash between looking normal and being a bunch of coloured letters and symbols.
Looks like some sort of timing problem, the (U) version doesn't have this issue, so I probably won't try to fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner said:
After testing it a lot of hours i love it :) Thank you very much NOTAZ. ;)

I only have a question:

The 3 scale modes are the same that in Picodrive.Like in Picodrive i noticed a slightly aspect ratio deformation.Is not much but the games using scale are more like a Rugby ball instead of a soccer ball.Is it posible to correct that?

Thank you for the answer.
Insert Coin :D

Played Super Mario Bros... Man that game is always good, everytime I play it!
And gpFce plays it so smoothly

I noticed a wee problem with Punchout. The graphics seemed a bit corrupted. Perhaps it's related to the problem you just fixed?

Sorry for the late reply;

You've made me & the missus VERY happy ... many, MANY thanks Notaz :D

Miika said:
Malatesta said:
Thanks for the release! It´s look very good.

One question? It seems that Mario starts in a extrange world 0-1 instead 1-1... Is it ok or is it a issue?
Something is strange about the ROM... It happened in NesDS too.
Get another Mario ROM.

A lot of thanks! :) Yes, I try with other rom , compilation rom Super Mario Bros + Duke Hunt, and it works fine, it starts in 1-1 world.

Rivroner said:
The 3 scale modes are the same that in Picodrive.Like in Picodrive i noticed a slightly aspect ratio deformation.Is not much but the games using scale are more like a Rugby ball instead of a soccer ball.Is it posible to correct that?
Haven't noticed that. Is it stretched horizontally or vertically? If horizontally, you can try increasing first visible line number and decreasing last (in FCE Ultra options), then using horizontal+vertical scaling.

I've been heavily playing NES games now for over a week and a half. I've been using PocketNES on my Gameboy micro. The scaling is better on it than on the SP. I have been playing so much that I have not been on this site, that much, to see what is going on. :huh:

I go on the site today and “WOW.” An update of Gpfce!! I noticed that I have still been using version .2 on my GP2X. This is sweet, wonderful, and a host of many other things. Great excellent work! :D

I will have to say that switching from the micro to the GP2X screen was sensory overload on the eyes. :blink:

Now excuse me while I get back to “Crisis Force” and “Recca.” :)

<_< Now I am going to have to order that TV out cable that I have been putting off! :unsure:

Great update Notaz :p

How many USB gamepad are supported? (same question for picodrive)

Yod4z said:
How many USB gamepad are supported? (same question for picodrive)
Emm.. All 4? But there are only 2 players to control. Although you can bind some button of joy3 to save state and joy4 to load, for example.
So all 4 joys should be configurable, there is code for that, but I only have one, so don't know if more would actually work.

Are there any games for Nes that support more than 2 players? I can't remember hearing of any.

sehs33 said:
Are there any games for Nes that support more than 2 players? I can't remember hearing of any.
Well they made the "Four Score" and "Satellite" 4 player adapters, so you'd hope so ;)

Some that spring to mind:

Gauntlet 1/2
Super Spike Volleyball
Play Action Football
Super Off-Road
RC Pro-Am 2

notaz said:
Rivroner said:
Haven't noticed that. Is it stretched horizontally or vertically? If horizontally, you can try increasing first visible line number and decreasing last (in FCE Ultra options), then using horizontal+vertical scaling.

It happens with the 3 scaling modes, here and in Picodrive.

You only have to compare circles and rectangles and look to the framecounter.

It´s a slightly deformation.

I will try to increase first visible line etc,...

fishybawb said:
sehs33 said:
Well they made the "Four Score" and "Satellite" 4 player adapters, so you'd hope so ;)

FCE Ultra supports a number of weird input devices, but I only bothered with gamepad support, doubt anyone would need the exotic ones.

Yod4z said:
is there an option to disable frame limiter?
Yes, but only through command line (-nothrottle 1). Used it a lot for benchmarking the code.

Back