GpFinalWar

Just downloaded... going to try it before I go to bed!

Just tried - you've got a game you could sell tehre, once it's done. Its even got dynamic day and night! Only thing I don't like about it is the hole graphic that's used when something's destroyed (too many in lots of grid-rows doesn't like nice). And that's a minor gripe considering how great this looks!

Anyone who's reading this and hasn't tried it yet - do so now.

I have to agree. This is splendid. I was looking forward to this demo with anticipation...... I am looking forward to the final game even more now! :)

along with everyone else's responses, one hell of a job. I agree with everyone else that says you could sell it as a JOYGP game. ITs that good. Everything you have done with it is very well thought out. I can't wait to see your final result for FINALWAR.
I am very impressed with the game and very pleased you are with us in the GP32 community.
Thanks

What can i say? wow

Hearing about its release, i manged to put down my ngpc (turf masters is genius) long enough to try this out. This is the coolest thing on my gp32 atm, eagerly looking forward to a more complete version :)

Well done that man

Wow, the demo rocks! But the menu wasn't in english. When you finish the game, will you have have a feature that allows you to select a different language.

Excellent work! A few helpful suggestions though...

Firstly, please, make the game moddable. Make it so you can add units, and buildings, and apply different kinds of functions for them. Also, make it so you can add artwork, new missions with a level editor and stuff like that.

Secondly, and this is a longshot, please consider having a multiplayer mode via RF link =P~

Great job though! Nice and smooth, graphics are good, unit AI is great, and I cant wait for the final version!

Tobriand posted on Dec 3 2003 at 10:50 PM said:
Only thing I don't like about it is the hole graphic that's used when something's destroyed (too many in lots of grid-rows doesn't like nice). And that's a minor gripe considering how great this looks!
Possible solution, have a random sequence that determines different sized holes/scorch marks/etc, or even to hole at all. same with some of the larger explosions.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things to say :
- very good job
thank you very much 'coz Ive been waiting for a RTS game for a long time now....
make it as good as possible :)
see you ;)

-absolutely stunned-

this is such a great demo, has all the winning ingredients to make a great game. I'll definately buy it when it's released.

Agree with the hole gfx thing tho, but damn it's smooth!

well done :D

Looks great...

I have offered this before, but if you want to set up a website etc devoted to this game then please let me know and I'll set u up with an account.

www.gpfinalwar.com etc is bound to be available.

Thanks you all !!!!!

It's very good to see this very good feedback !!!

I took note for the holes, and I'll find a way to make them disappear after a while, no problem.

Actually I've got trouble with sound as you might have heard (it's clicky, and some times it locks with static for a while, then works again). And it's limited to 4 channels, which is short... I'm using the SDK (but no gprectfill), so I wonder if someone had a good and fast 16 channels mixing routine, this would be great to implement it !!

And I am interested in a devoted website, with a forum for people who want to leave some good ideas... So benthai98 if you could send me a mail...

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Dec 4 2003 at 06:30 AM said:
Firstly, please, make the game moddable. Make it so you can add units, and buildings, and apply different kinds of functions for them. Also, make it so you can add artwork, new missions with a level editor and stuff like that.

Secondly, and this is a longshot, please consider having a multiplayer mode via RF link =P~
Excellent game :) really thank you to create a so awesome game :) I'm waiting dead for the final version :)

And i also think that it would be totaly perfect if it got a multiplayer mode + a level editor :)

I'm waiting dead for the devoted website too ;)

Nice work once again and carry on :)

bon courage et super boulot encore une fois ! bon j'y retourne ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its quality games like this that we need on the Gamepark.

I have since had the chance to have a good play with this heres some of my thoughts.

1) I assume the finished version will have set objectives, if not then maybe you should try and include this.

2) The screen shake got on my nerves a bit an option to turn it off would be great.

3) The screen got very very dark during play even with my backlight turned on.

Other than those minor problems i think its a great little game. I dont normally go for this type of game but between this and Advance Wars 2 i am changing my mind.

Excellent game, but In the Final version could you make an option to turn on and off the Screen Shake ???

Thanks

Back