Gph Is Going To Release The F-300

Interesting, especially for those who want a bigger screen than wiz . Now if they can change that d-pad to a Wiz one I'd be interested.

Hooray for dynamic linking! :)

Do Vocamasters have a launcher, or are the poor students locked out of the fun?

StreaK posted on May 21 2009 at 05:37 PM said:
Hey, Exophase, what do you think if its normal led with different screen controller will it affects games and emulators that using software sceen flipping -> 240x320 -> 320x240?
That's a very good point. Yes, it will break them, unless this is abstracted out and linked dynamically. Unless GPH gets their crap together on this issue fast then this isn't going to be a viable option.

For the time being though, landscape mode seems to be used on Wiz programs, and it'd probably be good to continue keeping that as an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd much prefer this form factor, screen size and buttons - but not the dpad. Also, will it be compatible with the Wiz? With the GP2X? Neither?

imo the big advantage of the f-300 is the fact, that there is no built in battery. I still use my old gameboy, my atari lynx etc. I doubt that this would be possible if these devices had a built in battery.

chaos engineer posted on May 22 2009 at 05:57 AM said:
imo the big advantage of the f-300 is the fact, that there is no built in battery. I still use my old gameboy, my atari lynx etc. I doubt that this would be possible if these devices had a built in battery.
The thing is by the time the built in battery of lets say the wiz is dead you can either ebay one or something but youll have prolly 2 or 3 new generations that are playing ps2 emu's and shit cause ive had my gba sp since like fifth grade or some shit and im a senior and it still keeps a charge very well.

Wow, I was getting all excited to get a Wiz but was not too happy about the smaller screen and different controls. This would be a much more gentle transition from my F.E. GP2X, looks pretty cool and if it has the same specs as the Wiz I'd sure consider buying one... of course price will always be the final deciding factor.

I'm not sure but I guess I read somewhere that this is going to have a build in battery , I'm disappointed because I would prefer 2x AA You can But them in most of stores an

( Yeah it surly has a rechargeable battery ( not AA ) http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46310|New )

For some people ( for example me ) the not OLED screen is a plus , its lifespan is bitter and the white color doesn't get yellow :) :)

The D-pad isn't a ( <-- should there be an 'a' here ?? ) such big defect , If You want You can always carry a USB Pad in Your pocket :p :p

The only thing I'm anxious about is the price ( someone told somewhere on this forum that the vocamaster costs about 2x wiz price ) :

Does anyone know when will it come out and the estimated price ( price > 200 $ or not ?? )

Regards Orange Pumpkin

Edit: Almost 3 month passed and after that time I shouldn't refresh the topic without a important reason , good that not full 3 months passed

The F300 (a WIZ in an F200 case) is currently being worked on. It should be released just in time for christmas.

Source:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48981-news-from-gph/

sbock said:
The F300 (a WIZ in an F200 case) is currently being worked on. It should be released just in time for christmas.

Source:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48981-news-from-gph/
Well not really, Christmas is definitely not a certainty.

The F300 would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, unite the entire community and bring about world peace... 12 months ago. Now it sounds better than the wiz but like the wiz stil way, way too late and probably just split the community into even more fragments.

Sphinxter said:
Now it sounds better than the wiz but like the wiz stil way, way too late and probably just split the community into even more fragments.
If they do it right and make it software compatible I don't see why it would. This is more like F100 vs F200 thing.

notaz said:
Sphinxter said:
Now it sounds better than the wiz but like the wiz stil way, way too late and probably just split the community into even more fragments.
If they do it right and make it software compatible I don't see why it would. This is more like F100 vs F200 thing.

Won't be 100% compatible since the screen is 320x240, although most software will support 320x240 mode on the Wiz.

If it is 100% Wiz drag and drop compatible it should only be a good thing to have more choices.

If they really wanted to pull a coup d' etat they could put in a 3.5" OLED screen. I would certainly buy it just for the bigger screen.

Being GPH (by which I mean they tend to goof things up a little), I worry the kernel might be different .. ie: almost certainly a different display, and thus possibly compatibility issues. (Sure its not the same bunch as GP32 with its NLU/FLU/BLU and versioning issues, and the GP2x versioning pains.) Still, I can overlook that since its merely speculation, and I really like the larger size.

(I'm still using the _F100_ I admit, the F200 sort of annoys the hell out of me control wise)

I would _so_ hop on this, if they'd improve the d-pad. Daaaaaamn :)

jeff

with a 3.5 Oled screen i will buy it right now !!! it will be the first time i preorder a handheld.

I WANT IT . !!

I WANT IT !!!

if gph release that, i think i will not sleep until i receive one.

I always dream to have a handheld with a 3.5 ' oled screen.

i ready to pay where i preorder it ??? LOL

( can we do a petition to gph for a gp-300 with a 3.5 oled screen. i really need a oled cant live with lcd anymore)

Back