Gpx2 Unvailed!!

Just gotta get one. Anyone knows when this beauty is goin to be released?

Love the design and hopfully it will be some commercials games under development for the console. (!?)

trooper posted on Jul 27 2005 at 03:14 PM said:
Mark posted on Jul 27 2005 at 01:52 PM said:
Looks like vertical based games are out.

I must say that I hope it launches in both black and white. Very pure, and clean looking.

I`m sure there`s a way to use thoughs volume buttons as fire/action buttons, So all may not be lost.

Btw, Where`s DaveC, I want to know if it meet his approval. :p

And has anyone found that order button yet.

Trooper

4:3, should please him.... :)

And that site seems half finished. No order button yet... :p

Edit: Du jävel, vill du dränka din GP?! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still searching for it, trooper... although it won't do me a lot of good to find it because I'm BROKE anyway... damnit, I need a job... SOMEBODY PAY ME TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!! AAAAARGH!!!

Mmm I don't know about the headphones port being on the top. On the side would of perhaps been better, so it could fit in the pocket easily when listening to music.

Not sure if that's what I'll be using it for.

huh looks nice :) but the hardware didnt excite me too much^^ damn... what now? psp or this one... mmh only time will tell

i think wifi would be pointless. There's no mention at all of commercial stuff, just emulators. If there is commercial stuff, they won't sell enough untis/games, to warrant doing like a psp infastructure mode, so just have an RF thingy like the GP32 for multiplayer games. Also keeps the cost of the unit down.

Angel posted on Jul 27 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
i think wifi would be pointless. There's no mention at all of commercial stuff, just emulators. If there is commercial stuff, they won't sell enough untis/games, to warrant doing like a psp infastructure mode, so just have an RF thingy like the GP32 for multiplayer games. Also keeps the cost of the unit down.

I'm sure we'd all like to see a browser though; in fact I just showed this to my younger brother, and his first question was "Can it go on the Internet?".

I think I'm going to use that customer suggestion thing.

By the way, the whois report shows it's registered to Unho Kim. Was he one of the original three?

wOOt, I think i need money.
They say on the site :
PC Development
Basic development: Linux
Windows: Enabled via Cygwin installation

Open SDK Library
Supports software development library : SDL(Simple Direct Library)
Basic Library
Graphic library (Sound library)
Hardware I/O library
so i think dev will be able to code on this console wothout problems, and the firmware can be ugrade so.....

wait and see
(they also sa that the design and the features could change for a "better quality" :p )

just a question : what is this "nand flash memorie " ?
edit : i just saw :
O/S Linux
does it mean this console works under Linux ?

Just the remember how many version of the GP32 have been made (i mean all the prototype) so this might not be the one which will be releaze

I love the look of it, I also like the fact that it looks like it has eBook features, I'm just worried by this.

drm9ks.jpg

greven posted on Jul 27 2005 at 01:28 PM said:

IIRC it's high speed flash that doesn't have the short read/write cycle life that regular flash has. Also I believe it's pretty expensive to have...

abigsmurf posted on Jul 27 2005 at 01:35 PM said:

IIRC it's high speed flash that doesn't have the short read/write cycle life that regular flash has. Also I believe it's pretty expensive to have...

ok but what is the nand flash for, it has not the same goal than the ram ? will it be used as a "swap memorie" while reading the SD ?

I am a little .....disapointed about the CPU, what means those dual core if there are not 3d accelerator, is one for 2d accelerator, and for exemple dev will be able to use this 2d accelerator for emulator, for exemple to emulate the Snes transparency ?

The GP32 also uses the ARM920T processor so I guess that's how they go about getting backwards compatibility. I stress the guess part because I ain't no hardware guru.

I guess that prevents the current emulators being instantly sped up without a bit of work.

greven posted on Jul 27 2005 at 02:37 PM said:

ok but what is the nand flash for, it has not the same goal than the ram ? will it be used as a "swap memorie" while reading the SD ?

I maybe could be used for firmware flashing or Updates, Booting to you own fimware, Extra storage memory. These are just guesses though.

Trooper

Angel posted on Jul 27 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
The thing is with WIFI, you can play multiplayer via the internet. You are far more likely to meet somebody on the internet with another unit than anybody you know personally. An RF unit is far more pointless because there would be nobody to play against.

trooper posted on Jul 27 2005 at 01:43 PM said:
I maybe could be used for firmware flashing or Updates, Booting to you own fimware, Extra storage memory. These are just guesses though.

Trooper
64Mb for a firmware :blink: ?

i like the design , looks cool.
i want to know the clockspeed of this thing. And if the price is ok, i will definatly get one.
but the features and other specification look very good!
Linux as OS ;) yeah!

Full definiotion - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory
And i think it's not as expensive as you could think. Actually i'd say they are quite cheap now. You can find 256 mb up to 1 giga nand memory from samsung in every cheap chinese mp3 player :) so it can't be expensive as those crappy things are very cheap.

Back