Great News For North American (but Mostly Canadian) Pandora Buyers&#33

lobski

I posted some info on the Pandora on NCIX's forum, and it looks like interest was high enough for them to consider getting a few units to sell. I shot Craigix an email about it, and hopefully, everything will go well...

lobski said:
I posted some info on the Pandora on NCIX's forum, and it looks like interest was high enough for them to consider getting a few units to sell. I shot Craigix an email about it, and hopefully, everything will go well...
Very, Very cool !. Thanks for doing this... I do hope they carry it as there is one locally.

D)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be pretty happy if NCIX carried it. Me and a friend of mine regularly place orders from there, it would be pretty convenient.

Ravnos said:
I would be pretty happy if NCIX carried it. Me and a friend of mine regularly place orders from there, it would be pretty convenient.
Ditto. I do all my computer shopping at NCIX (Netlink) here in Vancouver and they're a great company. Excellent prices and products with a lot of respect for their customers. They used to have a single store, but now they're up to 4 in various suburbs. NCIX is a Vancouver phenomenon serving all of Canada via mail order.

I wandered into the Langley store holding and playing my GP2X F200 soon after its release while picking up an internet order. I let Kevin (Langley store manager) play with it for a few seconds and he seemed to think it was pretty awesome.

I see that thread here:

http://forums.ncix.com/forums/index.php?mo...7&subpage=1

And you've created a huge amount of buzz about the product, but I don't see any NCIX staff responding to the post...

If you can get NCIX to sell the Pandora, they'll sell like hotcakes in Canada. They won't be able to keep it on the shelves, much like the EEE.

Trevor Bradley said:
And you've created a huge amount of buzz about the product, but I don't see any NCIX staff responding to the post...

If they wanted to sign on as distributers, they wouldn't post in a message board. They'd contact Craig directly - which is exactly what they're doing.

They have been in touch as well as a lot of other similar distributors around the world. We will work with them all to try to establish distribution in 2009, I hope we can make some really cool software with this 3000 to show off all the possibilities of the Pandora :)

Chip said:
If they wanted to sign on as distributers, they wouldn't post in a message board. They'd contact Craig directly - which is exactly what they're doing.
This was more about buzz in the NCIX forums, which are pretty active (more so than these forums!). And it seems that buzz has borne fruit....

From the NCIX site:

NCIX Forum Admin

Not to get anyone too excited, but we have inquired with Open Pandora, and they have indicated they'll get back to us once they finalize pricing. At that point, we could probably start taking pre-orders.

Cross your fingers... if you're planning on emailing them it probably wouldn't hurt to mention us

It does look very cool.

This does mean more (perhaps many more) sales for the Pandora. I've been a bit skeptical about Pandora "selling out" within hours of pre-ordering; I've not seen buzz about the product off of gp2x sites. However, NCIX is the perfect site to spread "word of mouth" about the Pandora. If Vancouverites like it, NCIX could (and will) sell it by the hundreds here.

If NCIX does one of their youtube techtips reviews on it and gives it good grades, you're golden.
prairiefire said:
sweet! 1-2 days shipping here we come :p
Sweet... 15 minute drive, here I come...

I don't think I ever bought anything from NCIX, could be that they are a Canadian company. More likely that I've just managed to get what I need from other stores and always hate resorting to shopping somewhere new online.

Korlithiel said:
I don't think I ever bought anything from NCIX, could be that they are a Canadian company. More likely that I've just managed to get what I need from other stores and always hate resorting to shopping somewhere new online.
NCIX is exclusive to Vancouver, Canada but ships anywhere (mostly Canada).

For Vancouver, NCIX is *the* computer parts store. Other shops are more expensive, or less reputable. (I had a buddy years back who bought a CPU from ATIC, and checked his new CPU against the list of serial numbers he brought into the store with him... turns out they had given him the wrong CPU. They apologized and said it wasn't an accident. I wouldn't touch ATIC with a 10 foot pole).

NCIX carries parts, assembles computers, and carries other goods like GPS systems. They have a regular sale with massively discounted recent goods. We have big box stores where their cheap prices are often higher than NCIX's sale prices.

In short, they're a really good local company with a huge, well informed client base. People who would want the Pandora, but might not have heard about it yet.

I'm not an employee, just another fan (who has given NCIX a fair share of my cash!)

BTW, this should give you a sense of who you're dealing with at NCIX.

Linus in a Youtube NCIX TechTip: ASUS EEE 901 vs 1000

They know their stuff.

Trevor Bradley said:
BTW, this should give you a sense of who you're dealing with at NCIX.

Linus in a Youtube NCIX TechTip: ASUS EEE 901 vs 1000

They know their stuff.

I'm really glad to hear how well NCIX is regarded, particularly NCIX Tech Tips which is my pet project. As mentioned by Forum Admin over on our forum, we'd love to carry this product for the Canadian market.

This is a really neat community that's grown over here and I'm eagerly awaiting the first production run and new developments in the future.

I've bought all my computer related stuff exclusively from NCIX for about 4 years. Much of the stuff can be as little as half the price of buying it at a general electronics store like Future Shop.

Korlithiel said:
Canada only. But as far as I know, they're the biggest eTailer in Canada. I'd be shocked if they couldn't sell a few hundred units in a short timeframe. ;)

Kramy said:
Korlithiel said:
Canada only. But as far as I know, they're the biggest eTailer in Canada. I'd be shocked if they couldn't sell a few hundred units in a short timeframe. ;)

There's NCIXUS.

Back