Handheld Dreamcast going on sale in Japan

this isnt by far the first handheld dreamcast, theres many of them floating around

No kidding, for the price you could probably get a half decent laptop running Chankast.

this isnt by far the first handheld dreamcast, theres many of them floating around

I think it's the first that's going commercial, I've not heard of any others apart from one off mods.

It looks like hell ergonomically. And a portable system that requires CDs sounds like an awful idea. Hope you don't mind buffing scratched CDs daily.

This is not a commercial Dremacast.

It is just a modder making several portables.

You have to pay in advance , and everything including looks is subject to change.

Very risky.

Without a boot disk, Dreamcast games are region locked.
My comment was actually in regards to the Treamcast, which plays all regions out of the box, and has been the only semi successful alternative to the actual Dreamcast(Of course we all had boot disk for that one).

The region free aspect I believe was one of that devices(Treamcast) strongest selling points. Why in this day and age would you release a handheld based on old tech, and not be region free? I would think a company would like to sell any product in this day and age to the world, but who knows.

I guess Pandora 2 will have to meet my handheld Dreamcast needs. :p

Chris

everyone knew craigix and evildragon long before birth of the "whatchuwonnacallit"

Without a boot disk, Dreamcast games are region locked.
My comment was actually in regards to the Treamcast, which plays all regions out of the box, and has been the only semi successful alternative to the actual Dreamcast(Of course we all had boot disk for that one).

The region free aspect I believe was one of that devices(Treamcast) strongest selling points. Why in this day and age would you release a handheld based on old tech, and not be region free? I would think a company would like to sell any product in this day and age to the world, but who knows.

I guess Pandora 2 will have to meet my handheld Dreamcast needs. :p

Chris
good luck waiting for that!!

i really like my black treamcast.

Last edited:
Back