Has anyone, at all, managed to get ahold of Craig?

objection.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1703567677/icontrolpad-2-the-open-source-controller/comments

KS, comment 6 days ago:

Confirmation on the openpandora boards that Link wrote the "refund" update, and that no one on the team has been able to reach Craig.

Craig has closed his Pandora company and is not answering questions, including how much money is left.

He is gone.

I truly feel bad for those involved since not only have we backers lost out, those closest to Craig who also worked on the project appear to be in the same boat.

My understanding is this:
ED has money that was for PCB production.
ED /link are trying to see what PCB parts can be refunded to recoup money
Link has money meant for USA shipping fulfillment.

Craig had the largest amount for UK/RestOfWorld shipping, plastics, molds(the mold alone is 65Kish), keymats, cases.

The ONLY thing we know he spent KS money on was a 3D printer for himself.

We have seen NO pictures or proof that he used ANY of the KS money on the actual KS project and this is after a year!

I have faith that Link, ED, MWeston and Dave are doing their best trying to dig out of this pit Craig threw them into, but goodness, how fouled up this all is.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1703567677/icontrolpad-2-the-open-source-controller/comments

KS, comment 6 days ago:

Confirmation on the openpandora boards that Link wrote the "refund" update, and that no one on the team has been able to reach Craig.

Craig has closed his Pandora company and is not answering questions, including how much money is left.

He is gone.

I truly feel bad for those involved since not only have we backers lost out, those closest to Craig who also worked on the project appear to be in the same boat.

Craig had the largest amount for UK/RestOfWorld shipping, plastics, molds(the mold alone is 65Kish), keymats, cases.

We have seen NO pictures or proof that he used ANY of the KS money on the actual KS project and this is after a year!

I have faith that Link, ED, MWeston and Dave are doing their best trying to dig out of this pit Craig threw them into, but goodness, how fouled up this all is.
He had the 3D printer before ICP2...

Yes, that was Pandora money, but this seems to have gotten in the same pot anyway.

KS, comment 6 days ago:

He is gone.

He had the 3D printer before ICP2...
Not according to Craig, he clearly says in update 24 below that he bought the 3D printer after the ICP2 funding window closed . He says in the update that the 3D printer was to prototype ICP2 parts
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1703567677/icontrolpad-2-the-open-source-controller/posts/375237

Again, I am not giving advice. If you're so stupid that you can't tell that, then please stop responding to me.

The point here is that you assume that he has money or has engaged in illegal practices that would open him up to liability. Now, maybe that's true or maybe that's not. But, we're not entitled to any money back. The money from those first 2 batches was spent on production costs. They lost a couple hundred grand on dysfunctional circuit boards alone.

If somebody is going to be filing suit against Craig, it should either be the authorities in the UK or it should be ED. A small claims court case is not going to get anything productive accomplished. At most you'll get your money back and the rest of us that can't afford to file in the UK would be completely out of luck. More likely you'd get nothing at all.

Filing a complaint with the relevant body in the UK would also be something that might yield some sort of answers.

But, filing a case in small claims court against Craig is just plain petty.

Very sad TBH it comes to all this talk but reading all the posts what else can anyone really think? Assuming of course that at least some of it is true.

Also reading about a very possible Pandora 2 that would never have been possible without the vision that Craig had - I suppose ED taking over the production and getting the investors on board cleared in theory Craig's pre order problems - only problem then being that the pre order numbers that the investment plan was based on turned out to be so much higher it throw that out of the window-whatever the reason for the difference in numbers if a plan was to cover 450 units and it turned out to be over 800 then how can that be expected to work?

So Craig gave up his baby and did not even manage to sort out his pre orders without them paying again! Add in debacle of the 150 1ghz pre orders that should have helped out a lot but the funds went somewhere else as they shouted louder.

Too much spin has destroyed the trust of all but the most ardent Craig supporter(s) - honesty as shown by ED would have avoided all this talk - it is all very very sad!
What supporters? I haven't seen anybody supporting him in quite some time. At this point, it's mostly people who have gone all hyperbolyish and those that would like to maintain at least some modicum of perspective. Craig did a lot of horrible things with his business, but you'd think he was Hitler from some of the comments on the site.
And this is why I was calling your advice/misinformation shitty: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14913-openpandora-ltd-uk-struck-off-email/?p=293168

People who ignored your misleading bullshit and actually did something are getting refunds. Not theoretical, some time in the future refunds, but actual, already in the bank refunds.

To any other UK resident, I strongly suggest you follow what Stuart did here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14913-openpandora-ltd-uk-struck-off-email/?p=291049

And also file a claim with the small claims court. You might just get your money back.

Somehow I think this hedwards guy is suspious. :ph34r:

This company registry is fast, got a response within a day  :)

They need some kind of evidence that you are trying actively to (re)claim your money. But they are quite easy with what they accept: 

We will accept the following as evidence: invoices, court documents or general correspondence (letters, e-mails) between you and the company showing that you are actively pursuing them to recover the debt. All evidence must be dated within the last 6 months and must show the limited company name. 
So you have to cancel your order with OP Ltd. or set them a dead line for delivery or refund and prove that. Anyhow you have to become active!

Somehow I think this hedwards guy is suspious. :ph34r:

This company registry is fast, got a response within a day  :)

They need some kind of evidence that you are trying actively to (re)claim your money. But they are quite easy with what they accept: 

We will accept the following as evidence: invoices, court documents or general correspondence (letters, e-mails) between you and the company showing that you are actively pursuing them to recover the debt. All evidence must be dated within the last 6 months and must show the limited company name. 
So you have to cancel your order with OP Ltd. or set them a dead line for delivery or refund and prove that. Anyhow you have to become active!
So is this something that can be filed from the U.S.? Or am I still on the other side of shit creek?

IANAL, Not legal advice, etc. 

I see no reason why you should not be able to do this. As they accept even emails, there is even no cost for you at all. But perhaps the only result of all the actions is that the strike off is canceled and OP Ltd. slips into insolvency.

I doubt that there is any chance of getting anything back. 

Legal action may be easiest & cheapest for British, then for European Union citizens (except Danes  :p  ) and probably completely useless and expensive for everybody else.

(There might be a small chance if only a hand full take legal action, OP Ltd. may decide to pay the handful somehow in order to avoid going into insolvency which may cause their books to be checked more closely, but i doubt it,)

I see no reason why you should not be able to do this. As they accept even emails, there is even no cost for you at all. But perhaps the only result of all the actions is that the strike off is canceled and OP Ltd. slips into insolvency.

Legal action may be easiest & cheapest for British, then for European Union citizens (without Danes  :p  ) and probably completely useless and expensive for everybody else.

(There might be a small chance if only a hand full take legal action, OP Ltd. may decide to pay the handful somehow in order to avoid going into insolvency which may cause their books to be checked more closely, but i doubt it,) 
Awesome! Then fill out I shall! worst case scenario they tell me to go away. 

Awesome! Then fill out I shall! worst case scenario they tell me to go away. 
That's a damn good idea. Everyone, UK resident or not should file an objection. You may not get your money back but it's free and Craig will have to answer each and every claim.

It's starting to snowball...

The Companies House will give you more information on the proceedings in their response. They ask also for permission to disclose your identity to the directors of the company. So it looks that complains can be filed anonymously. So get active you cowards!

Let's hope the Companies House won't get annoyed by all the people bugging them.

So is this something that can be filed from the U.S.? Or am I still on the other side of shit creek?
You can object to the striking off via companies house from anywhere in the world for free. Its just an email. You need to show that you are actively chasing up the debt. Just make sure the emails / letters you copy companies house in on have Open Pandoras full company name and address on them.

You can contact companies house and object to the strike off by mailing this address : enquiries@companieshouse.gov.uk

Those outside of the UK should request a refund and make it clear they will be objecting to the strike off until a refund is delivered. 

Also - you can talk to Google Wallet (if this is the way you originally paid) as they have been helpful even though it is, strictly, beyond the time limit for disputes.

Do this here: http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=claimb&rd=1

Legal action may be easiest & cheapest for British, then for European Union citizens (except Danes  :p  ) and probably completely useless and expensive for everybody else.

I just bolded the problem that existed from the very beginning of this desaster:

Fortune telling instead of action.

Please do not always slip back into it, chaps.

I just bolded the problem that existed from the very beginning of this desaster:

Exactly. If it wasn't Craig apologists and supporters it was the doomsayers claiming any legal action would result in liquidation, massive legal bills and no refunds. All three of those things have proven to be false and Craig has proven to be exactly the kind of lying weasel many were bashed for suggesting.

I know you're already doing something eazrael and I applaud it, but I think we should be encouraging everyone with a claim to come forward and file their objection/claim and let the system decide what may or may not happen. There is no risk for anyone except Craig, UK resident or not.

Exactly. If it wasn't Craig apologists and supporters it was the doomsayers claiming any legal action would result in liquidation, massive legal bills and no refunds. All three of those things have proven to be false and Craig has proven to be exactly the kind of lying weasel many were bashed for suggesting.

I know you're already doing something eazrael and I applaud it, but I think we should be encouraging everyone with a claim to come forward and file their objection/claim and let the system decide what may or may not happen. There is no risk for anyone except Craig, UK resident or not.

Whats your order number!

( sorry couldn't resist, how absurd it seems now)

Back