Has anyone, at all, managed to get ahold of Craig?

Arg!

I still have hopes of getting my ICP2... eventually.

My assessment is that yes... funds were not used responsibly... and now Craig is making anything he can, any way he can in order to pay for still as yet un-ordered parts for the ICP2.

I am extremely patient and am sort of turning a blind eye to all this.... (because I really do want that ICP2)... but if May 2014 rolls around and ICP2's still haven't started shipping... well, release the hounds if you think it will do any good. But I won't participate - People create their own hell.

also, some weeks ago i had emailed about receiving a refurbished Pandora in lieu of my original order. here's what i received back:

OP (UK) only has a few units in various states of repair - there would be no guarantee with

them - they are returned units.

Ed promised to fulfil all original orders when he presented a plan and took over production,

at this point all remaining 100% equipment was transferred to him, with a skeleton stock

left here to deal with repairs.

I'm aware his plan has apparently has not worked out, although I was disappointed to see he 

did ship all his own (600) orders while shipping us very few units.

I literally cannot even get my hands on a new unit in any way, you have as much chance asking

for one from Ed as I do.

However if you're willing to take a broken unit then I can trawl though our parts and give you

some options.

Let me know,

Craig

I wrote back and asked "how broken would these units be?" - never received a response to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he has no working ones left because he sold them all on evay huh....

It is so mean of him to say EDs plan did not work out as he did not give him correct numberst. Afaik ED gave the same amount of units to his orderers as he gave to Craigs.

He didn't get the same numbers, as he got almost 80K EUR for refunds...

So instead of units he got cash.

However, each refund should've lowered the queue by one as well.

80K EUR... if you take 350 EUR as refund value (which should be enough, as he had many first batchers where the refund should be 220 - 250 EUR), that would be about 220 less on the queue.

Together with all the units he got... well, should be a lot lower...

In the end, he got even more cash for his preorders than I got for mine...

80K EUR... if you take 350 EUR as refund value (which should be enough, as he had many first batchers where the refund should be 220 - 250 EUR), that would be about 220 less on the queue.

Yes, but you got something more valuable than money. Love from Pandy fanbois, and that's something you can take to the bank. :p

Of course in Craig math, you got proportionally more physical units for your queue than he did for his. This business of handing him cash to fill pre-orders with... Is there any actual proof that the money from that actually went to refunds? Unless somehow Craig's books are forced open, we'll likely never know.

There have been a few people who have come here to post that apparently asked for refunds from Craig and never got them. They're in a limbo-like state of not being in the Pandora queues and not getting refunds - and some of them apparently had 'upgraded', paid even more money to Craig's company, then requested refunds when that blew up - and are out $800+/-.

1Ghz upgrade money and 1Ghz pre-order money... where did all of that go? We only know where it didn't go.

Of course in Craig math, you got proportionally more physical units for your queue than he did for his. This business of handing him cash to fill pre-orders with... Is there any actual proof that the money from that actually went to refunds? Unless somehow Craig's books are forced open, we'll likely never know.
Maybe we will, if more people act instead of just talking.

Like this good sir from the UK:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14913-openpandora-ltd-uk-struck-off-email/?view=findpost&p=291108

und dieser gute Herr aus Deutschland:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14913-openpandora-ltd-uk-struck-off-email/page-10#entry292009

Maybe we will, if more people act instead of just talking.

Like this good sir from the UK:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14913-openpandora-ltd-uk-struck-off-email/?view=findpost&p=291108

und dieser gute Herr aus Deutschland:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14913-openpandora-ltd-uk-struck-off-email/page-10#entry292009
Which is rather risky as if Craig hasn't done anything illegal and the limited truly is out of money, then you'd be putting paying potentially thousands of dollars to verify that you've lot the money that you've paid in.

Honestly, it sucks, but I'm not surprised by this, it's a huge risk with no assurance of breaking even. I think that apart from ED refusing to send him anything without being first paid, I'm not sure what anybody other than Craig could have done here. I'm fortunate in that I'm only out a portion of the upgrade fee as I did get somewhat more hardware than I originally bought. It's just a shame that so many people got screwed in all of this.

To be honest, knowing him I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of things to find that's not perfectly legal...

He doesn't have any legal notice on any of his websites, return policy, etc. Then we had the 1GHz fiasco, where he simply didn't pay them after he got them from me, etc.

That's what we know... given the records and practices he showed to the public, I don't think the accountings was a lot better.

Which is rather risky as if Craig hasn't done anything illegal and the limited truly is out of money, then you'd be putting paying potentially thousands of dollars to verify that you've lot the money that you've paid in.

Honestly, it sucks, but I'm not surprised by this, it's a huge risk with no assurance of breaking even. I think that apart from ED refusing to send him anything without being first paid, I'm not sure what anybody other than Craig could have done here. I'm fortunate in that I'm only out a portion of the upgrade fee as I did get somewhat more hardware than I originally bought. It's just a shame that so many people got screwed in all of this.
It's really frustrating to continually see people posting shitty legal advice on this forum when 1) They don't now what they're talking about and 2) They don't both to read the link they're commenting on.

You can file a small claim in the UK. It costs 25 pounds, that's it. And you can add that to your claim so if you win, you get it back.

It's really frustrating to continually see people posting shitty legal advice on this forum when 1) They don't now what they're talking about and 2) They don't both to read the link they're commenting on.

You can file a small claim in the UK. It costs 25 pounds, that's it. And you can add that to your claim so if you win, you get it back.

Have to agree with Ramboky on this one.  Pretty much hits the nail on the head. See Ramboky, we can agree on things  :)

To be honest, knowing him I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of things to find that's not perfectly legal...

He doesn't have any legal notice on any of his websites, return policy, etc. Then we had the 1GHz fiasco, where he simply didn't pay them after he got them from me, etc.

That's what we know... given the records and practices he showed to the public, I don't think the accountings was a lot better.
That was 150 1ghz pandoras ed? If so, that is quite a sum of money he owes you. Did he not claim it was used to cover a sudden rash of refund requests? ifirc.

Now I'm seriously doubting that he used it for refunds. I cannot say it would be wrong for people to pursue Craig legally at this point.

I live in the US and I asked what could be done. Answer appears to be probably 'expensive' and definitely 'tricky', 'time-consuming' and 'talk to a lawyer to see'. Everyone that has done something already are all in the EU.

Well, if all that money he got had been used for refunds, he shouldn't have any people left in the queue, if my math is right... maybe 50 - 150, but certainly not 400 - 500.

I live in the US and I asked what could be done. Answer appears to be probably 'expensive' and definitely 'tricky', 'time-consuming' and 'talk to a lawyer to see'.
Talk to a lawyer and see, what he says about "'expensive', 'tricky and 'time-consuming'".

People on the web are no substitute.

Well, if all that money he got had been used for refunds, he shouldn't have any people left in the queue, if my math is right... maybe 50 - 150, but certainly not 400 - 500.
Very suspicious. At the very least it means that he is not being honest as to where the funds went...

There is more than ample evidence that Craig has taken fund meant for account X and used them to party/cover-ass on account Y, and so on, a few times over by now.  Alas, it is a certain failure to organize which allows a project manager access to large wads of cash "to survive" and so on.

The big deal here is that Craigs' demise has always been, and is, a public affair and yet there is a big mystery yet to solve.  I wonder if one day the BBC will make a TV Show about this whole episode.. the drama really is that thick.

There is more than ample evidence that Craig has taken fund meant for account X and used them to party/cover-ass on account Y, and so on, a few times over by now.  Alas, it is a certain failure to organize which allows a project manager access to large wads of cash "to survive" and so on.

The big deal here is that Craigs' demise has always been, and is, a public affair and yet there is a big mystery yet to solve.  I wonder if one day the BBC will make a TV Show about this whole episode.. the drama really is that thick.
Yes it is and his face looks good on video too, which is one of the reasons, why he was able to do these stunts in the first place.

It's not shitty advice, the concern was set up as a limited. Meaning that the corporation is responsible and Craig is on the hook for at most 1 pound. That is unless he's done something that would make him legally liable for the debts.

The only way you'd win is if you could demonstrate that he's actually liable or he didn't show up to defend himself. 

If you're going to accuse me of giving shitty legal advice you should bother to do some research as A, I haven't given out any advice and B, you're completely full of it. There would be no need for limited liability corporations and such if you could do an end run around that in this fashion.

EDIT: And BTW, does small claims court even come with subpoenas? Because in order to get any of that information, you're likely to have to subpeona it.

Back