Hats Off To The Op Team.

I like that idea, but I'm pretty sure that $5 would be selling at a loss. The last time I checked, that was the approximate current wholesale cost of a 2GB flash chip on its own, without controller and casing. ;)

Anyhow, pardon my off-topicness. My hat is off to you guys as I type! :)

EvilDragon said:
craigix said:
I do wonder what the next disaster will be, probably people somehow breaking their firmware. You will probably need ext2 ability to recover via SD so that's going to confuse some people. Ubuntu CD to the rescue!

Nope, you can boot a mini-rescue kernel via USB which flashes an image from SD Card :)

Gents, quick, explain to the non-tech-savvy what this means since one of the Pandora design claims was that it will be "unbrickable". Let's not start another horror movie now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
craigix said:
I do wonder what the next disaster will be, probably people somehow breaking their firmware. You will probably need ext2 ability to recover via SD so that's going to confuse some people. Ubuntu CD to the rescue!

Nope, you can boot a mini-rescue kernel via USB which flashes an image from SD Card :)
So, is this confirmation that it is possible to boot from USB? Last I heard, the bootloader didn't support that.

relliker said:
Gents, quick, explain to the non-tech-savvy what this means since one of the Pandora design claims was that it will be "unbrickable". Let's not start another horror movie now :)
Craigix is concerned that the OMAP can only boot off an ext2/3 formatted SD card. This could cause a slight problem for someone on Windows if they break their firmware, as booting from SD is the only way to recover (hence making it unbrickable, you can always recover from SD card). I'm pretty sure he's mistaken, I boot off a FAT32 partition on my BeagleBoard, but I digress.
EvilDragon then goes on to say, basically, even if that were true, you can create a boot image on a USB stick that can recover.
So you have two ways of recovering if the Pandora firmware goes sideways: either put a recover image on SD or USB thumb drive.

GUYS, I'M EXCITED!

Well done OP team. Just...well done.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Is there any ETA for when it will be on my door now?

Also I think it's kinda stupid to sell Recovery "Disks" since most everyone here will know how to download it to their SD anyways :p

I will leave my head on until the darn thing is delivered. Also I don't think they deserve any praise at all at this stage, frankly speaking the only thing they have showed the last 24 hours is pure amateurism.

Oh fuck shit. Unless i'm mistaken, I'm gonna need £50 quick! Damn if only there were more delays ):
Meh I'm also happy that i'll soon hopefully have a Pandora and you've finally ended this case situation. :D

Back