Op: You Did Well!

craigix said:
And the Pandora is only going to get better and better.

Can't stand still, full steam ahead. 100 units to ship tonight!
Confirmed: The Pandora is brought to you by OpenPandora, Ltd. and methamphetamine.

Last edited by a moderator:
svs-57 said:
craigix said:

How many altogether shipped?

If current figures are correct, 500 have shipped so this new shipment will make that 600.

I'm keeping track here: http://www.pandoraproduction.comze.com/index.php

pandoraproduction said:
svs-57 said:
craigix said:

If current figures are correct, 500 have shipped so this new shipment will make that 600.

Should be ABOUT correct - however, it's an assumption by me, as I have no idea how many broken units craig had ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
pandoraproduction said:
svs-57 said:
craigix said:

Should be ABOUT correct - however, it's an assumption by me, as I have no idea how many broken units craig had ;)

sounds correct, i got my one nubber last friday and it was number 470~

GizmoTheGreen said:
sounds correct, i got my one nubber last friday and it was number 470~
The serial numbers do not seem to be getting sent out in strictly increasing order. It could be that they divided the stickers into sub groups so more than one person could work on it at a time, maybe they put all the stickers on the bottoms they could and are just pulling (effectively randomly) from this pile, who knows. And then, of course, they're not doing the shipping: they box up a few hundred that they've assembled which get sent to the main office where the list is checked off and some (effectively random) Pandora gets pulled from that box and sent.
Whatever is happening, all I know is someone got one with a number in the 900s, and people who thought they were in the early 100s getting 300 stickers and vice-versa.
Long story short: serial number probably isn't an accurate measure of where they are in the queue either.

SomeGuy99 said:
Alerino said:
Someguy: i am going to your place and steal your pandora in your sleep.

Maybe I sleep with it tucked into my boxers?

I ain't touching that thing!

Or the Pandora ;)

My Pandora feels like my machine. It feels very personally mine. I can't explain it!

For me, like the GP2X, it feels (will feel) like mine because I can tell it what to do and it does it. Neither Nintendo or Sony or Apple or anyone else can tell me no. Devices from those manufacturers aren't really mine - they're just one-payment leases. I can do whatever i want (and whatever the machine can handle) with the Pandora - I could wipe the NAND and make my own operating system if I wanted to. The point is it's mine because I can control it, without interference from anyone else.

atari_eric said:
For me, like the GP2X, it feels (will feel) like mine because I can tell it what to do and it does it. Neither Nintendo or Sony or Apple or anyone else can tell me no. Devices from those manufacturers aren't really mine - they're just one-payment leases. I can do whatever i want (and whatever the machine can handle) with the Pandora - I could wipe the NAND and make my own operating system if I wanted to. The point is it's mine because I can control it, without interference from anyone else.

I never owned a GP2X, so this experience is new to me.

Here's my analogy as to what it feels like:

Closed source handhelds - I'm on the outside, looking inwards. I can travel further inside this 'space' but it never changes in size or shape, the area inside is essentially finite.

Analogy: I'm sitting in a large stadium with lots of other fans. We're all in a circle (or oval) looking inwards. The thing we are all watching is fun and exciting, but none of us can change it.

Open source handhelds - I'm in the middle, looking outwards. I can travel out from this starting point and explore the space to my hearts content, although I may get lost.

Analogy: I'm in the wilderness. I can see mountains and trees stretching for miles. I feel the excitement and freedom that I can find my own way. There are no walls or obstacles, although the path is sometimes rough and unclear. If I see something in the horizon that looks cool, I can just head off in that direction. I can even invite other people to come and follow me, and we have an adventure. Around me is infinite possibility.

Yep shes a real beauty.Ive only had it a few hours.Shes still charging.
Dpad feels great though,raised just the right amount and nice and springy.Keys are excellent and real easy to type.
Nubs feel nice but havent tried them on a game yet.Well F........kin done.Op...........Will take me while to get to grips with though.linux newbie.

Back