Op: You Did Well!

hedwards said:
The rest of us have to imagine that it's amazing enough to make it worthwhile. Well, I guess it's off to fashion me a Pandora from mud and sticks.

I got my Pandora ages ago! Here's an unboxing photo

squirrel-baby.jpg
:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
SomeGuy99 said:
Alerino said:
Someguy: i am going to your place and steal your pandora in your sleep.
Maybe I sleep with it tucked into my boxers?
Dare you open... Pandora's Boxers? :eek:

In all seriousness though, thread++

EvilDragon said:
Well, all I hope is that I will survive a bit longer... at least until everyone has his Pandora.

I second a lot of the others - Take some time off. Announce publicly (or else we'll have the conspiracy theorists going "O noes he has bolted with all our monies!!11!") that you'll take half a week off the boards, and then do just that. Relax. Have a beer :)

Moxie said:
EvilDragon said:
Well, all I hope is that I will survive a bit longer... at least until everyone has his Pandora.

I second a lot of the others - Take some time off. Announce publicly (or else we'll have the conspiracy theorists going "O noes he has bolted with all our monies!!11!") that you'll take half a week off the boards, and then do just that. Relax. Have a beer :)

++1

I agree. Ed, take a week off monitoring this nonsense. Get some early nights. Relax and forget about all this for a week or so. Please :)
As for Craigix etc - GET BACK TO WORK! </Whip>

I just wanna add my own "I love my Pandora" post to this thread .. I haven't put the damn thing down since it arrived, and my dying Macbook Pro, which desperately needs me to fix it, is not getting nearly enough attention that it needs .. the Pandora has definitely supplanted that machine for general web-browsing, email, and communications functions ..

For those of you waiting and waiting and growing impatient .. just give it a little bit more patience, guys! Its a bloody brilliant platform and once you realize you're carrying around 64gigs worth of emulation of 20 different platforms in your pocket, you'll realize that it was worth the damned wait. ;)

Miner49er said:
Moxie said:
EvilDragon said:

++1

I agree. Ed, take a week off monitoring this nonsense. Get some early nights. Relax and forget about all this for a week or so. Please :)
As for Craigix etc - GET BACK TO WORK! </Whip>
Yeah.

Those of us who have ours will surely be able to try to help shoulder the tech-support and questions that we can assist with, too. At least, I'll do the best I can, anyway. :)

Agreed. We've seen lots of talk about similar devices (i.e. the ones which arn't phones) and as yet very little has materialized. I've built stuff before, and it is amazing how many problems come out of the woodwork as you progress (and the cases were a problem even though they were made on site in the UK - we were contracting for a major manufacturer with limited MCU experience). Also, the software is a major effort which lots of people seem to overlook. It's not yet perfect, but for a first launch, it's pretty close.

EvilDragon said:
wrath of khan said:
Hes always on the forum helping out.Does he sleep?

RO-BOTS DON'T NEED SLEEP. SO NO REASON FOR ME TO GO SLEEPING.

Hah, thought as much, your superhuman levels of patience and near ever presence on these boards lead me to suspect that cybernetics may be involved.

Can I have your positronic brain, if you don't survive that is?

torpor said:
I just wanna add my own "I love my Pandora" post to this thread .. I haven't put the damn thing down since it arrived, and my dying Macbook Pro, which desperately needs me to fix it, is not getting nearly enough attention that it needs .. the Pandora has definitely supplanted that machine for general web-browsing, email, and communications functions ..

For those of you waiting and waiting and growing impatient .. just give it a little bit more patience, guys! Its a bloody brilliant platform and once you realize you're carrying around 64gigs worth of emulation of 20 different platforms in your pocket, you'll realize that it was worth the damned wait. ;)

What he said. I've had my Pandora for just over a week now and I'm still amazed by how much it can do. I'm sure I've only just scratched the surface.

I would strongly encourage anyone thinking of backing out now to stay till the end of the race.

Congratulations to the OP team, and thanks to everyone responsible for the great piece of kit I hold in my hands. The wait was definitely worth it.

And the Pandora is only going to get better and better.

Can't stand still, full steam ahead. 100 units to ship tonight!

craigix said:

Woohoo! Congratulations to OP and the lucky 100 people getting their Pandoras!

Oh, you people just want to rub our noses in the fact that you got your's and how great it is!
Can't wait to do the same :p

Na-Noo said:
Oh, you people just want to rub our noses in the fact that you got your's and how great it is!
Can't wait to do the same :p

It is so great! :)
received my pandora last friday! hehehe

craigix said:

That's great Craig. Keep em coming :)

craigix said:

How many altogether shipped?

craigix said:

Yep, it is getting better and better !

This evening some more psx4pandora to play with, maybe do some more vids as well.
Oh, and I'm gonna watch youtube on the panda this evening ...

I must say the pandora is more than I expected it to be !

craigix said:

Germany: 25 Points, ähm i mean Pandoras !!! :p

craigix said:

Well Done Craig ... I am absolutely addicted to my pandora .. it is stunning beyond words!

btw hopefully some sugar will keep you and your dispatch team going strong (J and D) !! :p

Back